Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rise of Nations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vlad Catrina View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Vlad Catrina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rise of Nations
    Posted: 29-May-2005 at 12:56
I suppose this is a great game- and with a great load of history in it. I would always vote for it!
Jazz View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2005 at 02:10
I had this game, but personally, I perfer games that don't span different ages that quickly.....

With my main interest in being medieval history, the games I've enjoyed most over the years have been Age of Kings (with exp) and MTW.
Knight
Knight

Quote Vlad Catrina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2005 at 08:01
The thing you mentioned about ages is the only thing that makes the game imperfect (for me).
Jazz View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2005 at 14:07
I'll have to admit, I did like the "border" concept where you had to be in 'your' country area in order to build.

In the old Age of Empire series I was a master at, if I was being beaten, running around the map and finding nooks and crannies to hide and start building again, or just hide with my one peon.  While the 'border' concept in RoN took that away, it did make it more realistic.

Edited by Jazz
Knight
Knight

Quote Vlad Catrina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2005 at 14:14
Age of Empires is one of the best games I ever played. I can`t wait for the third part. And I heard there will be a new RoN, Rise of Legends.
 Post Reply Post Reply