Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

US elections, Donald Trump

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: US elections, Donald Trump
    Posted: 11-Apr-2016 at 17:03
Originally posted by Mosquito

Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

Must I tell you again, Mosquito, really??? If I tell you your link is to a site who are anti-Semitic Holocaust-denying New World Order conspiracy theorists, does that sound like a reliable source in any way or form?

I dont care for the site. In this case they have used the article of the historian whom I know and who is reliable. I have partly confirmed his claim by the article in Jewish Press which I have found and post the link here. The fact that someone who is not reliable is using materials of someone who is reliable, when it fits to his theories, doesnt make the second one not reliable. In the article the author gives names and also tells where are the documents which he has used.

Piotr Zychowicz is a young famous in Poland historian of the new generation, known for writing controversial books. He has written several bestsellers including: "Madness 44" about Warsaw Rising, criticising Polish underground for starting uprising, "Ribbentrop-Back Pact" - in which he describes Polish - German relations between 1919 and 1939, suggesting that Poland should have joined 3rd Reich instead of fighting against it and after USA joined the war it should have betray Germany and change sides. And "Pilsudski-Lenin Pact or how the Poles saved bolsheviks" - which criticise Polish goverment for signing peace with Soviet Russia in 1921.

Mosquito, if you don't care for the obviously anti-Semitic racist site then why on Earth did you think it would be alright to use it? Partly confirmed, is not confirmed, and stretched truth is little better, and that's all you've shown here in all of these posts put together side tracking away from the OP. Your Polish historian, Piotr Zychowicz, imagines it is possible to divorce the actions of the Third Reich in order to make an alliance? If so, and I don't say this about many, he's a fool, and what's more a dangerous fool. This kind of idiot is one step away from the apologist of atrocities, and would have sold out many of those fighting on their own side.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2016 at 17:12

Your Polish historian, Piotr Zychowicz, imagines it is possible to divorce the actions of the Third Reich in order to make an alliance? If so, and I don't say this about many, he's a fool, and what's more a dangerous fool. This kind of idiot is one step away from the apologist of atrocities, and would have sold out many of those fighting on their own side.

You didnt read the book but already commented it? For your information, the allies of Germany in Europe were: Italy, Vichy France, Finland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria. They all changed sides during the war. And in Poland allied with Germany for sure wouldnt die as many Polish citisens of all nationalisties as died in German and Soviet occuppied Poland. When a country is between Germany and Russia it cant fight against both because it end in disaster, and such disaster happend in my country.

Edited by Mosquito - 11-Apr-2016 at 17:16
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2016 at 17:17

Your Polish historian, Piotr Zychowicz, imagines it is possible to divorce the actions of the Third Reich in order to make an alliance? If so, and I don't say this about many, he's a fool, and what's more a dangerous fool. This kind of idiot is one step away from the apologist of atrocities, and would have sold out many of those fighting on their own side.

You didnt read the book but already commented it? For your information, the allies of Germany in Europe were: Italy, Vichy France, Finland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria. They all changed sides during the war.

The difference, Mosquito, is that this idiot, Piotr Zychowicz, is putting out the idea after the fact, after the atrocities. A totally mind-blowing disregard to reality.  Think about it for a second. The Polish death camp would have been actually Polish death camps. Shocked

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 11-Apr-2016 at 17:23
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2016 at 17:23
Reality is that my country lost 6 million people and was completelly obliterated. Italians lost only 450.000, Hungary 380.000, Finland 100.000.
If just one more million could have surivived, such alliance would have been worth trying. And probably there would have survive much more.
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2016 at 17:24

Think about it for a second. The Polish death camp would have been actually Polish death camps.

Most likely there would have been no death camps in Poland at all.
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2016 at 17:30
And btw - if the USA and UK could have allied with equaly evil Soviet Union, we could have allied with Germany. Why do you see the evil only on the other side?
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2016 at 17:36

Think about it for a second. The Polish death camp would have been actually Polish death camps.

Most likely there would have been no death camps in Poland at all.

If you could turn a blind eye to the Nazis and become allies who knows what you would turn a blind eye to, Mosquito. It's a very slippery slope indeed.
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2016 at 17:42
Poland would have on the eastern front over a million of soldiers including Jews, fighting together with Germans against the Soviets. Germany wouldnt be able to dictate anything. Just like it wasnt able to dictate anything to Mussolini and Italians. Polish territory would be only a transit route for Germans, they wouldnt be able to do anything. Unlike in occupied Poland where they could have do whatever they wanted. The state canb protect its citisens only when exists and control its territory, not when is under enemy occupation.
Zychowicz also shows as example the case of cristal night in Germany. During incidents in Munchen Polish citisen who was a Jew was murdered by SA. Under preassure of Polish goverment Germans had to start investigation and make trial of SA-man who murdered him.
The fact is that Poland is not a small country like Slovakia or Hungary. The Germans wouldnt be able to do anything without starting the war. They didnt want the war with Italy and for sure wouldnt start the war against its ally - Poland.

Edited by Mosquito - 11-Apr-2016 at 17:43
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2016 at 17:45

And btw - if the USA and UK could have allied with equaly evil Soviet Union, we could have allied with Germany. Why do you see the evil only on the other side?

Somehow I think you're missing the point here. My guess is that the confirmation bias is well and truly engrained in your beliefs, but I shall endeavour. The point is here that even if I look back as an observer I don't see an evil regime hell bent on the final solution when looking at the Soviet Union.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2016 at 17:59

Poland would have on the eastern front over a million of soldiers including Jews, fighting together with Germans against the Soviets. Germany wouldnt be able to dictate anything. Just like it wasnt able to dictate anything to Mussolini and Italians. Polish territory would be only a transit route for Germans, they wouldnt be able to do anything. Unlike in occupied Poland where they could have do whatever they wanted. The state canb protect its citisens only when exists and control its territory, not when is under enemy occupation.
Zychowicz also shows as example the case of cristal night in Germany. During incidents in Munchen Polish citisen who was a Jew was murdered by SA. Under preassure of Polish goverment Germans had to start investigation and make trial of SA-man who murdered him.
The fact is that Poland is not a small country like Slovakia or Hungary. The Germans wouldnt be able to do anything without starting the war. They didnt want the war with Italy and for sure wouldnt start the war against its ally - Poland.
It started a war with the Soviet Union its ally at the time and they were far more powerful than you. Obvious really otherwise this little idea wouldn't be on the table.
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2016 at 18:01

Somehow I think you're missing the point here. My guess is that the confirmation bias is well and truly engrained in your beliefs, but I shall endeavour. The point is here that even if I look back as an observer I don't see an evil regime hell bent on the final solution when looking at the Soviet Union.

Mu guess is that your bias and beliefs comes from your lack of knowledge. Hollywood movies taught you that Germans were evil and Soviets were good guys and your allies.

Did you ever heard that all my countrymen in Soviet Union before the war died in Soviet planned "final solution" known as Polish operation and that it happend before WW2? But I know that Jewish life for people like you is much more valuable than the Polish one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Operation_of_the_NKVD_%281937%E2%80%9338%29

"The Operation was only a peak in the persecution of the Poles, which spanned more than a decade. As the Soviet statistics indicate, the number of ethnic Poles in the USSR dropped by 165,000 in that period. "It is estimated that Polish losses in the Ukrainian SSR were about 30%, while in the Belorussian SSR... the Polish minority was almost completely annihilated."Historian Michael Ellman asserts that the 'national operations', particularly the 'Polish operation', may constitute genocide as defined by the UN convention.His opinion is shared by Simon Sebag Montefiore, who calls the Polish operation of the NKVD 'a mini-genocide.'Polish writer and commentator, Dr Tomasz Sommer, also refers to the operation as a genocide, along with Prof. Marek Jan Chodakiewicz among others.

Statistical extrapolation, wrote Jasiński, increases the number of Polish victims in 1937–1938 to around 200–250,000 depending on size of their families."

Edited by Mosquito - 11-Apr-2016 at 19:11
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2016 at 19:11

Mu guess is that your bias and beliefs comes from your lack of knowledge. Hollywood movies taught you that Germans were evil and Soviets were good guys and your allies.

Did you ever heard that all my countrymen in Soviet Union before the war died in Soviet planned "final solution" known as Polish operation and that it happend before WW2? But I know that Jewish life for people like you is much more valuable than the Polish one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Operation_of_the_NKVD_%281937%E2%80%9338%29

The Operation was only a peak in the persecution of the Poles, which spanned more than a decade. As the Soviet statistics indicate, the number of ethnic Poles in the USSR dropped by 165,000 in that period. "It is estimated that Polish losses in the Ukrainian SSR were about 30%, while in the Belorussian SSR... the Polish minority was almost completely annihilated."Historian Michael Ellman asserts that the 'national operations', particularly the 'Polish operation', may constitute genocide as defined by the UN convention.His opinion is shared by Simon Sebag Montefiore, who calls the Polish operation of the NKVD 'a mini-genocide.'[ Polish writer and commentator, Dr Tomasz Sommer, also refers to the operation as a genocide, along with Prof. Marek Jan Chodakiewicz among others.

Statistical extrapolation, wrote Jasiński, increases the number of Polish victims in 1937–1938 to around 200–250,000 depending on size of their families.

Your guess would be incorrect, Mosquito. The Soviets, in general, were not considered as heroes here, and much of my knowledge came from documentaries such as the famous series The World At War. 
As for the Polish Operation, I had known of its existence, yes, and  would agree to it being an evil act. However, Mosquito, I can't ever remember it also being called a final solution like The Holocaust. My impression was that it was a purge of Soviet lands. I would have thought the Soviets allying with Polish partisans was a good indication that might have be the case.
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2016 at 19:35
Oh they were considered heroes, it has changed just during cold war. During the war your goverment was hiding all the facts about Soviet criminal regime which wasnt any better than Nazist 3rd Reich and most likely even worse if one take into consideration the number of murdered people.

And it doesnt matter how one calls his murderous activity, final solution, Polish or German operation.

So dont tell me how evil one would have become if he had allied with the Germans against the Soviets. FDR was shaking hands with his dear friend Stalin so lets avoid double standards.

Edited by Mosquito - 11-Apr-2016 at 19:39
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2016 at 06:11

Oh they were considered heroes, it has changed just during cold war. During the war your goverment was hiding all the facts about Soviet criminal regime which wasnt any better than Nazist 3rd Reich and most likely even worse if one take into consideration the number of murdered people.

And it doesnt matter how one calls his murderous activity, final solution, Polish or German operation.

So dont tell me how evil one would have become if he had allied with the Germans against the Soviets. FDR was shaking hands with his dear friend Stalin so lets avoid double standards.

Then you would have been fine being allied with the Nazis, Mosquito, with their belief that the Slavs were an inferior race? Oh yes and there's the little matter of the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact with its secret clause which basically had the Soviets being invited into Poland by the Germans in order to divide it up between them. Then, of course, there would have been Danzig.... I get the impression the term naive as well as idiotic goes to that revisionist historian you seem to admire. Oh and yes, Mosquito, it would be nice if you didn't dip into what I can only describe as a Nazi/Far right-wing stockpile to spread your filth on this forum. Your filth because you identify with it or you wouldn't use it.

As for the first part of your post. I would like to see evidence(again not from the Nazi stockpile) from a reliable source. The not disclosing of material which might result in the lowering of moral in war time is normal. However, I would be interested as a matter of interest, and for my great respect for the Polish nation, for you to show me evidence of British media at the time hearing of the events of the Polish operation. FDR shaking hands with his allies was for public consumption. I believe it is well known that the allies had little time for each other. As for double standards, they were working with what they had at the time, and without graphic images...etc.... Whereas we are talking here in retrospect which makes all the difference in the world.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123