Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New fighting sport

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New fighting sport
    Posted: 20-Nov-2015 at 21:35
I have just discovered that european football hooliganism was promoted to official sport which is called TEAMS FIGHT. The fans of European football clubs meet in Russia where are held championships.
While this is completelly stupid and its only matter of time when someone will get killed, I must admitt I have enjoyed those two fight during which guys from my city and guys from Gdynia massacred Russians. I think it also show while usually the Russians if didnt outnumber us too much were loosing badly against Poland in history. Im also glad that now our football hooligans fight on organised championships instead of fighting on stadiums ;)

BTW - only Russians could have invented such sport but it looks like they sucks ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVrOdTOs1RU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7gEZ1Ux-ns

Edited by Mosquito - 20-Nov-2015 at 21:36
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
J.A.W. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote J.A.W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2015 at 21:52
Funny, but those thugs look more like Rugby Football types rather than soccer players..

Youtube has some classic onfield Rugby team brawls - if of interest..

Perhaps if Ronda Rousey had trained with those Neanderthal-gene gifted thugs she'd have done better recently..
Be Modest In Thyself..
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Nov-2015 at 22:09
They are not and never were soccer players. In Europe most of football or as you Americans call it "soccer" clubs got their hooligan "fanclubs". In the past they fought on the stadiums and with police. Later they were fighting in lonely places and now they got their real championships ;)

Before they got their "championships" their fights were looking like this (120 vs 120):

Edited by Mosquito - 27-Nov-2015 at 22:29
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
J.A.W. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote J.A.W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2015 at 01:54
Yeah that's pretty funny..

I am not 'merican, but I did play Rugby Union in preference to soccer ( "Association Football") 
when I was young & fit, due to cultural reasons ( soccer being regarded as a 'girls' game)..

Since I had pretty good fitness, running & ball skills as a backline RU player ( winger/utility back)
- even after giving up playing RU due to work reasons - I was asked to play soccer for the social
work team.. but it was too hard for me to deal with the lame tackling & body contact rules together
with hypocritical off ball 'dirty' by-play.. 
& I'd get sent off for decking some bastard who fully deserved it.. even though such rough justice was
a part of RU, & let other players know when enough was enough..

OK, like others with Neanderthal/Polynesian genes, I was more heavily built at 180cm/90kg - than a regular soccer player, but fair is fair - in my book.. & soccer always seemed corrupt from grass-roots to FIFA..

IMO - RU Football allowed most frustrations to be dealt with onfield, unlike soccer, so sportsfan/spectator
violence at RU games is by comparison to soccer, very rare..

Edited by J.A.W. - 28-Nov-2015 at 01:57
Be Modest In Thyself..
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2015 at 08:27
Originally posted by J.A.W.

OK, like others with Neanderthal/Polynesian genes, I was more heavily built at 180cm/90kg - than a regular soccer player, but fair is fair - in my book.. & soccer always seemed corrupt from grass-roots to FIFA..

Actually this is perfect size and weight for soccer player. There are bigger and havier than you. For example one of the greatest soccer stars in Europe is Zlatan Ibrahimović - Swedish player with yugoslavian roots. He is 195cm/95kg.

J.A.W. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote J.A.W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2015 at 16:33
Yeah, I last played a fair while ago, & I'd be a pygmy by current RU standards too.. 

I was no Jonah Lomu, for sure.. even if we both played on the wing..
Be Modest In Thyself..
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2015 at 18:02
Thuggish behavior during or in support of athletic events is ages old....the 'Circus Maximus' yet lives.

ps..tho I'm pleased to note another former participant of the great sport.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 29-Nov-2015 at 18:04
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

J.A.W. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote J.A.W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2015 at 01:49
Yeah C.V., & funnily enough, I was recently contacted by an old friend from High School,
& he reminded me of an incident where the captain of the school football team ( RU 1st 15
 - for which I played) attempted to "correct my attitude" by "physical discipline" but after 
a short exchange of hearty punches, had his "attitude corrected"- instead.. Hah..

He'd been put up to it by the coach, & I let him know I'd  be up for a like session with him - if he wanted..
The coach didn't.. ( Mind you, he knew my old man was on the School Board.. & he even said 
"I'm not afraid of you - because of your dad".. & I told him - I wasn't afraid of my dad, or him)..

Both my parents could punch hard & I'd learned much younger to both defend & give as good as I got..

My uncles on my mothers side were pretty good boxers ( My uncle Bob when in the Army in WW2 defeated the Egyptian Champion of King Farouk in 1943, & won a very showy cup ) & my mother had  sparred with them, so she was a real toughy, & insisted that her kids knew how to step up to the mark..
 & "Fight like a man!"- or suffer the consequences, - from her..

My old man had stopped being keen to go hard out - when 'bout that age, I could outreach & rock him back on his heels too..

Anyone who has seen the Linklater movie "Dazed & Confused" set in the mid `70s will get the gist..

In some ways I regret not pursuing a career in the Armed Forces, as I feel I could have done OK there,
-but since they were in bad odour, socially.. post-Viet-Nam at that time,  I didn't go there..

Ah,  regrets.. Frank Sinatra sang about 'em  well, ( & he was cool in that movie  "From Here to Eternity",
- my mother loved that flick)..

I guess the point is, once you've learned not to eat needless shit as a kid, it becomes a positive habit
- for life..
Be Modest In Thyself..
 Post Reply Post Reply