Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSikh Akali warriors and their turbans, Punjab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sikh Akali warriors and their turbans, Punjab
    Posted: 13-Oct-2015 at 18:31
Nothing wrong with artisans, tradesmen, civilians at large; becoming soldiers...even part time; as the militias of the world have proven.

The key was training and disciplining to the point of an effective coherent force; that in times of need, supplements the 'warrior caste-class-professionals'. How that is and was measured has been varied.

History is replete with examples.

For even the great Athenian scholar philosopher Socrates was a Hoplite.

So while my point is in general...it should not demean those who rose to answer the call of defense of their hearths and families-clans-nations.

My family who have served, with the exception of 3, were guardsmen-militia or reservists called into duty. And in 2 cases, were recalled long after there training and initial service to serve again.

It's all subjective.

As the US military has historically been a 'reserve' force designed to augment the much smaller 'regular' force.

Thru time and location this also has varied.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Kratos View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2015 at 18:39
You first picked on my word immortals  J.A.W, , and really were you that daft to take it literally ? Judging by the stir you caused yesterday I would say yes.  A sneaky way of doing it might I add.

THIS is a discussion about the Akalis  , and I am not on here to fight especially on somebody else's topic . 

The irony is in the way these lion fans are behaving like hyenas , not like lions.  They can't seem to accept facts and science and drag their crap into other topics.  

Edited by Kratos - 13-Oct-2015 at 18:41
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2015 at 20:10
enuff personalities...lions and tigers don't belong here...snipping and sniping is not necessary..the intent of the op is what it is.

And I don't back anybody....except those who adhere to my old friend's Coc. I'm guilty of taking it off track..to a degree.. tho not deliberately.

be at peace..find another thread...this one is closed.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12