Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Minor dynasty of India; Ananda

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
historynut View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote historynut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Minor dynasty of India; Ananda
    Posted: 20-Jun-2015 at 23:39
I am looking for information about the Ananda dynasty of India. I have three separate snippits of the dynasty in three different time slots. One ruled Magadha until the founder died and they migrated to Punjab (Pakistan part). The second is a list of seven kings in Shimoga District (possibly 2nd century BCE). The third are successors of the Brihatphalayanas in the Andhradesa who're supposed to have ruled in the 4th-5th century era. One of those kings, the founder, Kandara (founder of Kandarapura the capital) defeats the Pallavas. The Anandas are overthrown by the Salankayanas as they pushed south of the Krishna.
If you have any information more than what I have here, I would really like to see it. Thank you.
Historynut
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2015 at 15:49
Singh, Upinder (2009). A history of ancient and early medieval India : from the Stone Age to the 12th century (3rd impr. ed.).
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Post Reply Post Reply

Quick Reply
Name:

Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code Load New Code
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.