Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post a link

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LeopoldPhilippe View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Online Status: Offline
  Quote LeopoldPhilippe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post a link
    Posted: 07-Jun-2015 at 21:47
I posted a link for a photograph of Ambras Castle and got the following reply:    

[U.RL=http://www.travel/writicus.com/innsbruck-ambras-castle] Ambras Castle [/U.RL]

Should the U.RL have not disappeared so that when the address appeared, the address would change to blue when it was clicked and then take the viewer to the site?       
Do I ask someone to post the extra site?
Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2015 at 19:07

Edited by Sidney - 18-Jun-2015 at 19:07
LeopoldPhilippe View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote LeopoldPhilippe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jun-2015 at 20:22
Sidney, What did you do that allowed the picture to show?

Edited by LeopoldPhilippe - 20-Jun-2015 at 21:42
Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Jun-2015 at 11:49
I post first using 'post reply' option. After it has been posted, I then choose the 'Post Options' tab and select 'Edit Post' from the drop down menu. This then opens the post with more options than the original 'post reply' does, including to download a picture.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2015 at 00:22
write the text than edit the post using post options.
Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2015 at 03:37
Originally posted by medenaywe

write the text than edit the post using post options.

It's a shame that the full post options are not available for when you originally write a post. I've noticed a few posters seem unaware of the extended options on 'edit' and it hinders their use of this forum.     
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jun-2015 at 22:29
People also miss the BBcode link under the box you post in which when clicked on give a number of useful options.

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 20-Jun-2015 at 22:33
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
 Post Reply Post Reply