Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turks,Armenian debate,archives and implication of results

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turks,Armenian debate,archives and implication of results
    Posted: 19-May-2005 at 05:45
NO this isn't a place to say "...MY COUNTRIES POLITICS ARE.." I am a turk, there might be armenians who are equally defendant of their ideas..so dont be an fool and blab on about your views are right or wrong.. that isnt the question or the reason of me opening this post, the reason is Im curious and that it will be interesting to know,

What do you think will happen if through examination of archives of the Ottoman,Russian,European coutries and Armenia.. it turns out that ;

1. Turks find out that they did slaugter armenians in the ottoman period, what will they do? What will armenia gain? and what will the western armenians gain?

2. Armenians find out that everything taught to them was a lie and that in fact they slaugtered thousands of ottoman civilians? What will the armenians loose? what will the Turks gain? what will the west think?

My view, is that for

1.If Armenians are right, it would certainly embarass turkey but that wouldnt do too much harm, as Turkey is not the Ottoman empire, nor are the leaders a continuation of that, it will say that france, england, russia, ukraine, germany and other countries have made slaugters much more at a greater scale than what has been done.. and that will close the turkish side of the politics but.. it will lead to positive politics / trade between countries.. as turks learn from mistakes..

2.If the turks were right, then that will lead to the embarassment of many many countries, organizations and people in such a way that Im not sure on what will happen after that..they will loose credibility in a catastrophic way.
Actually for the turks the advantages are that, hopefully armenians seeing they were wrong will stop to lobby in the west.. (this is a bad thing not for turkey but for armenia. .who has I think the only border open on the turkish side.. rest are closed... saying turk this turk that results in border closing... so there are differences in views and beliefs of armenians depending where they live.)
Anyway again the results will lead to positive politics / trade between countries.. and turkey may force or play a few strings to help the armenian gain peace in the region.    

So in my view the gain in both cases is that Armenia will be able to get open borders / trade and politics with the Turks. And Turks in any case will know what really happened, and finally get rid of discussions on this subject by people who are much much more guilty of crimes (ehm.. WWII, England - India,Africa....., France .... list is long..)
Gazi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Gazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2005 at 07:37

What if it is found that Turks and Armenians have killed each other.It sounds more likely to me considering the mass Turkish graves being found recently and that the entire Armenian nation wouldnt lie about such a thing.(well maybe exaggarate it a bit....)But still, even if its proven that there is no such thing,the European countries probably wouldnt give up. They would continue trying to prove how evil Turks are by some Greek,"assyrian",Bulgarian,Russian or Inuit genocide.....

Freedom is the recognition of necessity.-Friedrich Engels
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2005 at 08:29
What if you finally accept your past and apologize???
The Germans and Italians were hated by every single European country for events that took place just 60yrs ago, they honestly apologized and no one bugs them about it. They trully showed remorse and no one has any reason not to believe them.
Last week the Germans errected an enormous holocaust monument so the generations to come will learn, the older ones remember and so, no such thoughts are ever accepted again.

Your past proves what you have done (accept it or not) but you never once discredited these tactics, your country's "tactic" was just to not recognize them as a fact.
Even in Cyprus, where the invasion (I'm not judging right or wrong so let's not turn this into a Cyprus topic) killed thousands, you rewarded the muderer/butcher Denktash by appointing him pseudo-governor.
You never recognized killing the Freedom fighting Kurds nor depriving them of basic human rights, untill 2002 when the EU demanded you change your treatment on them otherwise you should say bye-bye to EU.

Is this how you want it, accept it under pressure???
It is the acceptance of your past mistakes that will prevent you from thinking of anything similar and make others both accept and respect you.

Is it really so hard to see???
To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2005 at 09:25
Oh ,it does make me angry to see from a greek talking about genocide and rights of minorities...

Cyprus - Enosis, bloody sunday? was it? Cypriots killing neigbors that dont deserve to live..! Kleirides himself admitted that turkey would never have invaded if he told the truth to the people.. but of course who was he against a greek president and the ortodox church..

Or maybe Macedonia.. o pardon thats greece right?

Rights of the Kurds..they do have rights as Turks, as Iranians,Syrians, Irakians..even the right to call themselves whatever they like...But when they start killing 30 thousand odd innocent people in your country (regardless of origin) then there is a problem, and they deserve to be locked up, stopped.. otherwise we should give bin ladin a medal for blowing up so many people, and force america to recognise the free talibans of america...errect a statue for the sufferings of the american talibans. (hypothetically speaking)

As greece although you entered the EU, but nobody asked you even to consider the rights of the minorities that exist in your country.. .and not untill later years the 2000's that non-greek villages in the north of your country didnt even have normal roads, electricity and telephones.. so please save your words for your own 'Patrioti' ... maybe we should arm the minorities to blow up a couple of places in greece.. that would be a greek tradgedy wouldn't it.. dont believe me? Hop into a car and drive to the north..

BUT like I said before this is not a post on greeks, Kurds.. at all !!! Its about the possible outcomes of whichever version of the truth that will come out of research done in arhives of 3 or more countries on the Turks and the Armenians
Exarchus View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Exarchus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2005 at 09:32
Originally posted by baracuda

I don't know what was it. But trying to argue Macedonia (not FYROM) isn't Greek is pretty surreal.
Vae victis!
erdal tigin View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote erdal tigin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2005 at 09:37

Thank u Baracuda  .What u tell is  the truths and judging the people in a objective way without any prejudgements.

baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2005 at 10:32
Originally posted by Exarchus

Originally posted by baracuda

I don't know what was it. But trying to argue Macedonia (not FYROM) isn't Greek is pretty surreal.

nope I didn't mean they are not greek in origin or anything, I don't know they might or might not be.. I meant to say that most part of the nothern regions of greece as we know today are results of them siezing land from Macedonia

My great grandfather was the last ottoman pasha stated there, he used to say, that a macedonian would not consider himself neither as a turk, nor a greek, nor a bulgar or a slav....but they will only consider themselves as macedonian... I don't know if they are greeks or not in reality as things change depending on idealogies and politics.. But I do know military history, and in terms of violation and land takover.. just look at the WW's and maps before it..

Edited by baracuda
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2005 at 10:46
So it makes you angry when we talk genocide. What should make you angry is that blindefold you've been wearing.

Why try to turn this into an argument, didn't you ask for opinions????

ENOSIS commited NOTHING as neither did EOKA. The only organization that did treat some Turks in the most horendous way was EOKA B (that can be questioned thanks to TMT) but the difference as I said is:
While both Cypriots and Hellines totally discredited EOKA B, your facsist goverment commemorated the BUTCHER R.Denktash.

That is the difference. In my examples Germans Italians and Hellinic-Cypriots did kill, plunder and destroy, but why doesn't everyone bring that up when talking to either a German or an Italian??????

Simple they're something you're NOT they're HUMAN, they accepted their mistakes. You instead of understanding that, prove that you are the VAMPIRE MONGOLOIDS everyone considers you to be. Arm the minorities?? Man talking to my neighbor's 3yr old son is alot more interesting. He knows how to present an argument.

You're pathetic man, that is the mentality you and your kind were taught KILL whoever opposes our SICK views of fact.

That's why your NON-Democratic goverment is dragging eminent scholars like Orhan Pamuk, Halil Berktay and Taner Akcam in courts, because they told the TRUTH about the GENOCIDES. The same people that you friendly and peacefull MOB name traitors.
Is the word "patriotism" a synonym to LIAR in Turkey????

Can't you people argue based on arguments instead of STUPID threats????

Instead of thinking that there may be a possibility (definite) you did the actions you're accused of, you start blaming others with some propaganda BS. Are those your argument:
" oh, I'm not a killer look at how you treat minorities."

Wanna talk minorities, wanna talk UN Resolutions, Human Rights????
Open a topic about it and let's talk facts.

Makedonia????
Greek?????
No way, they were a Turkish tribe of blonde blue eyed, MASTERS of horse-riding from MARS, that came to earth on the turbo charged pony's and introduced the SUN GOD Theory where all of us, every single one of us, I'm talking about the entire population of the planet earth, are their decsendants.

To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2005 at 11:09
I meant to say that most part of the nothern regions of greece as we know today are results of them siezing land from Macedonia

My great grandfather was the last ottoman pasha stated there, he used to say, that a macedonian would not consider himself neither as a turk, nor a greek, nor a bulgar or a slav....but they will only consider themselves as macedonian...

It's interesting hearing the bed-time stories they told you before you fell asleep.
Did they also inform you that NONE, not even 1 of the Ottoman archives (at least the ones open to public) mention a Mekedonian population in the area????
The ONLY people mentioned are Bulgarians, Slavs and Hellines.

Sleep tight, don't let the bed-bugs bite.

baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2005 at 11:24
"Can't you people argue based on arguments instead of STUPID threats????" Phallanx your own words back at you..its called hipocritisizm, you are clearly threatening and constantly trying to make some pointless uncivilized mockery...

Can you see any indication in my original post of a question on armenians and turks and the implications of the opening of arhives.. to Me wanting to hear about your idealogies on totaly different subjects?? Niether I nor any person whatever his origin has to accept what you think, we may agree or we may not thats called freedom of speach/will.. and if you go too far you will get a response that you're bound not to like..

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2005 at 12:08

We dont apoligize for things that we havent comitted. It is something about your pride. 

And even if Ottomans had comitted such a crime (they didnt, just assuming), why would we accept their guilt and apoligize to Europeans? We arent Ottomans. Ottomans have never considered themselves as a single nation or ethnicity. We are just the Turkish nation-state that successed fro the empire. Ottomans didnt consider themselves as Turks. This is it. They didnt even speak Turkish. Even their Pashas werent Turkish. So if there is someone who has to apoligize for both Turks and civilian Armenians, that is the Armenian seperatist gangs, Russian imperialists, and some servant Pashas. And even the Armenians should apoligize to themselves because their high class educated society ruled the empire from Istanbul for the last two centuries and caused all these violence and inhumanity.

And in every single anti-Turkish discussion, we see at least one Greek declaring his hatred in their term of "being civilized". They try to show themselves as oppressed subjects but their ancestors were the richest class of the Empire who didnt even fight in the armies and who ruled the empire. If there is someone oppressed, this is Anatolians, since the beginning of their rule, Turkmens and other societies of some sub-sects. In he latest periods of the Ottoman reign, thousands of Turkmens all over Anatolia starved to death while some non-Turks in stanbul were busy with their non-existant panTurkism.

ENOSIS commited NOTHING as neither did EOKA. The only organization that did treat some Turks in the most horendous way was EOKA B (that can be questioned thanks to TMT) but the difference as I said is:
While both Cypriots and Hellines totally discredited EOKA B, your facsist goverment commemorated the BUTCHER R.Denktash.

Yes, Denkta is a butcher, like all other butchers. They cut the needed amount of meat, and let the others live. So did Denkta. He killed the some murderers which had to be killed, and then let the rest of the Greek society survive, because whatever happens, they were civilians. So he only killed the ones who didnt respect Turkish existance in Cyprus, and didnt respect human rights. He had cut the necessary amount of meat he had to.

Edited by Oguzoglu
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2005 at 12:14
Please don't try to teach ME what a Hellinic word means.
Where in my first post do you find anything insulting or to use your words "pointless uncivilized mockery" ??
I clearly compared the Genocide you question, to the Nazi and the difference in treatment we see.
I don't think that this is irrelevent.

No one demands that you agree with my ideas/beliefs, but your answer proved everything that followed.

Bound not to like???
I find this extremely funny, the whole world acknowledges something you're too blind to see, so you react with propaganda and insults.
That is something I enjoy, if you're "hurting" someone that is yourself by proving you're everything we claim you are.
Not only do I like and approve your insults, attempts to twist historic facts, propaganda.....
I LOVE IT, you're actually doing all the work for me.
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2005 at 12:20
Now the Ottomans weren't Turks and you speak of pride?????

Oguz, that is honestly the LOWEST thing I've ever heard in any discussion/argument with a Turk.
So not only do you try to connect yourselves to a past that isn't yours, now you denounce your true past.

Aren't you the least ASHAMED saying this????
You guys always speak of pride, but what should I call this?

Your NOT worth my time man, you have NO respect to your past.

Edited by Phallanx
baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2005 at 12:49
Phallanx,

Originally posted by Phallanx

Please don't try to teach ME what a Hellinic word means.

Im not expaining Im telling you what you're doing..

Where in my first post do you find anything insulting or to use your words "pointless uncivilized mockery" ??
I clearly compared the Genocide you question, to the Nazi and the difference in treatment we see. I don't think that this is irrelevent.

ok here is what I mean..

part 1
Your past proves what you have done (accept it or not) but you never once discredited these tactics, your country's "tactic" was just to not recognize them as a fact.

To the average turk "there never was genocide", because from the history we are taught such a thing didn't exist. Truth or not truth we shall see ( I was interested in the results of nowing what really happened.. what would they be..). So to apologize for something not done in ones eyes? and going into some discussion demanding appology.. and then blaming the past of a nation is not very wise..

part 2

Even in Cyprus, where the invasion (I'm not judging right or wrong so let's not turn this into a Cyprus topic) killed thousands, you rewarded the muderer/butcher Denktash by appointing him pseudo-governor.

Ok, your views good for you.. why say turks killed thousands, rewarded a butcher... and appointed this butcher a governer? this is not an insult? ....or maybe cyprus is the capital of armenia or something...

You never recognized killing the Freedom fighting Kurds nor depriving them of basic human rights, untill 2002 when the EU demanded you change your treatment on them otherwise you should say bye-bye to EU.

Kurds.. and again turks killing someone.. and some idle threat from the EU regarding them... or maybe you think that Kurds have a say in armenian or turkish archives?

Bound not to like???
I find this extremely funny, the whole world acknowledges something you're too blind to see, so you react with propaganda and insults.

Actually I would really like to see your face if it turns out that a genocide didn't exist.. then you might actually think for a while..

"Oguzoglu",

What sort of idiot remarks are these ?

"Ottomans didnt consider themselves as Turks", "They didnt even speak Turkish"," Even their Pashas werent Turkish."

Turks arent just people living in present day Turkey, turks are a people, and consequently ottomans were turks, and modern Turkey rose from their ashes.. They considered themselves as Ottoman, but of turkish origin
Maybe you dont know but ottoman is turkish not exactly modern turkish with the latin alphabet, but you would understand ottoman if you could read the arabic/persian alphabet.
Pasha's ' Statesmen those that weren't noble due to bloodline to Osman werent Turkish correct..but they were ottoman.. in another sense they were Jewish, Greek, Arab, Armenian...

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2005 at 17:14

Oguz, that is honestly the LOWEST thing I've ever heard in any discussion/argument with a Turk.
So not only do you try to connect yourselves to a past that isn't yours, now you denounce your true past.

No, no, no. You got me totally wrong here. I respect our past much more than all Greeks respect theirs'. And I dont need any Greek to teach me to respect our past.

Ottoman Empire is our past, noone can deny it, and noone needs to deny it. We have a history that we have to be proud of, and Ottoman Empire is one of the highest levels of reaching Turkic goals in our history. I have always been proud of my past, like all other Turks who know their pasts.

But Ottoman Empire was a multi-national empire that had no specific ethnicity instead of being Ottoman. Greeks, Armenians etc. were non-Muslim Ottomans and Turks, Arabs etc. were Muslim Ottomans. But the Ottoman dynasty didnt consider themselves as Turks. Because they believed that they had reached the upper level of social unification, the state of empire. So the subjects werent differed according to their ethnicities but their religions/sects.

I meant that they didnt speak Turkish in the meaning of the language spoken by Turks of "tashra", and outside of Istanbul. They have spoken a version of Turkish, Ottoman Turkish. Their vocabulary was halfly consisted of Arabic, Persian words, but the grammer and language were all based on Turkish.

So we, current Turks arent Ottomans like you, current Greeks arent Byzanthines. But the Ottomans were of course Turkish origined, not something other, like the Byzanthines were Greek origined, not Roman or some other nation.

Originally posted by my totally misunderstood post

If there is someone oppressed, this is Anatolians, since the beginning of the declining period, Turkmens and other societies of some sub-sects. In the latest periods of the Ottoman reign, thousands of Turkmens all over Anatolia starved to death while some non-Turks in stanbul were busy with their non-existant panTurkism.

I meant the collapse of all governmental functions and the lose of Ottoman authority to non-Turks here. In the declining period of the empire, they lost their identities almost totally and the ruling class of the empire became non-Turkish subjects such as Armenians and Greeks. So I still say that the latest period of the Ottoman reign cannot be considered as a Turkish empire, since they were to degenerated. This is what I meant all over my post. Just dont try to change my sentences into your ideal, denier Turkish syndrome, ok??

Turks arent just people living in present day Turkey, turks are a people, and consequently ottomans were turks, and modern Turkey rose from their ashes.. They considered themselves as Ottoman, but of turkish origin
Maybe you dont know but ottoman is turkish not exactly modern turkish with the latin alphabet, but you would understand ottoman if you could read the arabic/persian alphabet.
Pasha's ' Statesmen those that weren't noble due to bloodline to Osman werent Turkish correct..but they were ottoman.. in another sense they were Jewish, Greek, Arab, Armenian...

Please baracude, as a Turk, dont do the same thing with some Greek forumer always try to do. I think you totally misunderstood my words, or I have written them in a wrong way of explaining. I dont want any misunderstanding, so I cleared my point in this post. Just please, read this post before calling my remarks "idiot". Because that dissappoints me...

Of course, Ottomans are our past, and they were a multi-national empire of Turkish origin. I am proud of them and my past. But as all of us know here, in their declining period, they were too degenerated and the empire had nothing to do with being Turkish. They werent even ruled by Turks.

I meant the declining period of the empire, with being non-Turkish, all over my last post. So just respect my ideas and know I am much more loyal to my past than lots of other forumers here. Didnt you see tens of my posts defending the rights and the facts about the Ottoman Empire? Damn, look at it, I am the one who have posted the biggest number of posts full of flags and defending our past here, but now, I am treated as a past denier. But all I wish is my posts to be read very carefully and the trust of some people who I believe share the same ideas and national values with me. "Yanl anladn beni karde, uyma u aznln lafna..."

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2005 at 17:23

And you are the one who has to be ashamed here, since Ottoman Empire is also your past and you disrespect it in every single posts of yours. So while telling me that I have fallen to a lowest level, you have already reached the bottom with all your mentality sharers. If you mean I have to be ashamed because I am proud of my past, just reconsider retaking English classes or the mental instutition support...

Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2005 at 20:06
True the Ottomans were part of my past but there is one MAJOR difference. I'm NOT an Ottoman. Is it so hard to see that for me they were and always will be nothing more than someone that conquered my home, my country???

Don't try to turn this on me. Yes you should be ashamed, even baracuda understood that I'm right and showed it.
Now he misunderstood and I need to retake some english class.
English isn't your basic language, I can accept that but your excusses are RIDICULOUS.
Find something else instead of these stupid accusations, admit that YOU mislead us both with the BS you posted.
Sorry but it's NOT our fault you can't exprees your thoughts correctly.

YOU SAID
And even if Ottomans had comitted such a crime (they didnt, just assuming), why would we accept their guilt and apoligize to Europeans? We arent Ottomans. Ottomans have never considered themselves as a single nation or ethnicity. We are just the Turkish nation-state that successed fro the empire. Ottomans didnt consider themselves as Turks. This is it. They didnt even speak Turkish. Even their Pashas werent Turkish.

So I return to the exact words I said in my first post:
It is the acceptance of your past mistakes that will prevent you from thinking of anything similar and make others both accept and respect you.

Admit you posted exactly that and it's all over. Simple.

Almost forgot, you actually accepted what I've been saying all along, that you're NOT original Ottomans, NOT the "pure" decendants of the Mongols that came conquered and formed the empire. You're a mixture of the last years of the empire, as you so correctly put it.

Edited by Phallanx
baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2005 at 01:04
Please baracude, as a Turk, dont do the same thing with some Greek forumer always try to do. I think you totally misunderstood my words, or I have written them in a wrong way of explaining. I dont want any misunderstanding, so I cleared my point in this post. Just please, read this post before calling my remarks "idiot". Because that dissappoints me...

Of course, Ottomans are our past, and they were a multi-national empire of Turkish origin. I am proud of them and my past. But as all of us know here, in their declining period, they were too degenerated and the empire had nothing to do with being Turkish. They werent even ruled by Turks.

I meant the declining period of the empire, with being non-Turkish, all over my last post. So just respect my ideas and know I am much more loyal to my past than lots of other forumers here. Didnt you see tens of my posts defending the rights and the facts about the Ottoman Empire? Damn, look at it, I am the one who have posted the biggest number of posts full of flags and defending our past here, but now, I am treated as a past denier. But all I wish is my posts to be read very carefully and the trust of some people who I believe share the same ideas and national values with me. "Yanl anladn beni karde, uyma u aznln lafna...

When you begin saying things like the one's Phallanx above quoted and highlighted. Then in 'english' it turns out that what you're trying to say is Turks in Turkey isn't ottoman, they didn't speak turkish.. and neither their leaders nor their pasha's were turkish.. plainly just like it sounds..

Now for osmanlica (ottoman) = turkce (turkish) with some differences in grammer and very little in vocabruary.. and the only complete difference is the alphabet. You must have taken Turkish litrature classes from Prep School to Lycee .. so just remember..

Ottoman leaders/ pasha's being not turkish.. We are from people who's origins are from central asia, through thousands of years and travels from the region, no one knows how much 'turk' there is in him.. The ottoman empire was vast including many poeple and not just the greeks, jews, armenians and arabs.. but many more, a thousand years of history in the region so that you cannot say that these people are not turkish, there are greeks,arabs,jews.. who consider themselves as turkish however contraversial that might seem to some other people here..
   The ottoman way was to preserve nations and culture's if it had been any different there wouldnt be so many countries around us with cultural differences,languages.. and so on..
SO even if your statesman/pasha/emperor was of different origin they never saw themselves as not being turkish. Like in the words that Ataturk said "Happy are those who call themselves Turks" (Ne mutlu turkum diyene)

" as a Turk, dont do the same thing with some Greek forumer always try to do."

- why? what is a greek that makes me so different from them? They just have different thoughts that might be to the otherside of the extreme for a turk, if they don't like something or find it too harsh or incorrect they answer doing it the greek way.. we do it the turkish way... the ottoman way most probably be the middle of the two..   

Regardless of how the empire declined, their ways are much to be admired, maybe they did break a few egss with minorities as phallanx is shouting out all over the forum but in the end to learn you do that.. if they had been so harsh and nationalistic and so intertwined with their beliefs they never would have been able to hold out such an empire for such a long period.. and there wouldnt be many nations that exist today around us..

Turkish army is the direct continuation of the ottoman one, as it never was dismantled but instead renamed, where as the parliment and the laws were taken I belive from Italy (so that is like a joke now as itlians were at a time saying that our laws are unsuitible.. )
The heart and head of the Ottoman empire was in turkey uptill 1923 untill all "ottoman leaders" were banned and exiled, but the people are the same.. Turkey rose from the ashes of the Ottomans.. So did many other nations during the fall of the empire..

"Yanlis anlamadim, yanlis yazdin.."
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2005 at 15:32

Phallanx,

You are as Ottoman as me and Baracuda. Ottomans werent Turkish. They were a multi linguistical, multi ethnical, multi religious empire which had no single national identities. And they didnt call themselves Turks, but "kayser-i Rum"s (Roman caesar). Isnt it clear? Realize history, there was no such thing as Turkish Ottoman Empire...

And, certainly, you arent the one to say me I should be ashamed. No. You should be ashamed. Ottoman Empire were yours, just like it was also Turks', Armenians' and others. And you are the denier of your past, not me.

I have never excused in my last post and I dont need any excuses. I wrote what I think and what I know, and I still support my vision on this issue. But I saw that some forumers couldnt understand it the same way that I meant, so I feeled I had to clear my points. This is it. Dont try to show me as a denier, who has to be ashamed of himself, because this is your personality. I am a Turkmen, I am Turkish, but I am not an Ottoman. Our past is Ottoman, and your past is Ottoman too. We were both different elements of a single Ottoman ethnicity and identity once. The only difference btw us in the Ottoman categorization was our religions/sects.

Almost forgot, you actually accepted what I've been saying all along, that you're NOT original Ottomans, NOT the "pure" decendants of the Mongols that came conquered and formed the empire. You're a mixture of the last years of the empire, as you so correctly put it. 

What? Ottomans (Ottoman dynasty) werent originally Mongoloids. They were Turanoids and Turkmens.

Osman Bey, the son of Ertughrul Gazi, who was a Turkmen Uchbegh of the Seljuks of Rm.

And believe what you wanna believe, but if you visit Anatolia sometime, you will witness that lots of us are still Turanoids, and the sons of the Turkish ancestry. Of course, big amounts of intermixing happened btw some societies. But these intermixing havent happened all over the population.

Ottoman leaders/ pasha's being not turkish.. We are from people who's origins are from central asia, through thousands of years and travels from the region, no one knows how much 'turk' there is in him.. The ottoman empire was vast including many poeple and not just the greeks, jews, armenians and arabs.. but many more, a thousand years of history in the region so that you cannot say that these people are not turkish, there are greeks,arabs,jews.. who consider themselves as turkish however contraversial that might seem to some other people here..
   The ottoman way was to preserve nations and culture's if it had been any different there wouldnt be so many countries around us with cultural differences,languages.. and so on..
SO even if your statesman/pasha/emperor was of different origin they never saw themselves as not being turkish. Like in the words that Ataturk said "Happy are those who call themselves Turks" (Ne mutlu turkum diyene)

You know I didnt mean ethnic purity or any racist statements. I am all aware of these, dont need your history classes here. I live in Turkey while you live in Russia.

I didnt mean ethnicities by saying "non-Turkish". A person whose family is Turkic originated but very mixed with the locals is Turkish. But a person who speaks Turkish but whose father is an Armenian archibishop isnt Turkish. I can differ them easily, and dont need your advices. Of course, I also know Atatrk's famous sentence: "Ne mutlu Trk'm diyene". But we cant exept a Polish guy to become Turkish if he repeats these words. This is redicilous. But of course, with the new national identity of our country's nation was a national unification of realizing the mentality of being Turkish. This isnt an ethnic thing of course, but we have to have a common history, common language, common national goals and a common religion to be the members of the same ethnicity. This isnt that simple to figure which nation did most of the latest pashas of the Ottoman Empire beloged to. But we can say them they were non-Turkish according to their pasts, visions, and masters.

Regardless of how the empire declined, their ways are much to be admired, maybe they did break a few egss with minorities as phallanx is shouting out all over the forum but in the end to learn you do that.. if they had been so harsh and nationalistic and so intertwined with their beliefs they never would have been able to hold out such an empire for such a long period.. and there wouldnt be many nations that exist today around us..

Yeah, in fact, they had broken a bunch of dinosour eggs, but these eggs werent Armenians or Pontiac guys. This is why we are all fighting for not to be blamed for European stories.

And I think they have been enormously, even excessively tolerant to some of their subjects that those once subjects ruled the empire in its latest periods and tortured its own, mother population in Anatolia. Sometimes, overtolerance ends with the causes of ungratitude and the "besle kargay" syndrome...

baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2005 at 16:28
"Oguzoglu" - I can see this is a pointless discussion..so I wont even answer.

"You know I didnt mean ethnic purity or any racist statements. I am all aware of these, dont need your history classes here. I live in Turkey while you live in Russia."

- I study in russia, but live in Istanbul....

If a polish person wants to be a turk, lives and learns our culture and ways then I would respect him and call him a turk of polish origin. so should you.

Edited by baracuda
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>