Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oz wins The Ashes.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Online Status: Offline
  Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oz wins The Ashes.
    Posted: 09-Feb-2014 at 05:55
Don't wish to appear to be gloating over the Australian defeat of the English Cricket Season (MUCH)!

In the five match Test Series for the Ashes, Australia won 5-0.

In the One Day Internationals Australia won the series 2-1.

The Big Bash League 202-20 series was won by Australia.

The English Team, after having defeated Australia during the last Ashes Test Series, and really drove the shit in, were sent home in tatters.

During the series, one player returned home suffering from stress, another was sent home for lack of performance.

Old corporate saying that the POMS should learn, retain and practice:-

Be kind to those whom you crawl over in your climb to the top,
They're the same ones you'll meet on your way down.

PS. So long KP, oh dear, so sad, what a shame?Smile

Edited by toyomotor - 09-Feb-2014 at 05:56
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2014 at 00:37
What???

No comments?

Aren't there any Poms out there game enough to poke their heads up?Smile
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2014 at 03:25
Originally posted by toyomotor

What???

No comments?

Aren't there any Poms out there game enough to poke their heads up?Smile
Though born and brought up in the English part of the UK, I'm from a family who are from a country who generally won't have anything to do with the English game. My guess is that had there been any English insomniacs on the forum at the time of posting, that they would have been only too pleased to discuss this subject with you. 
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2014 at 04:19
TADR: I reckon there were some insomniacs who turned off their TVs and went to bed early.

Can't resist a dig when we win.LOL
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2014 at 08:17
Toyo,  I have an interest in many sports.  That includes many that are not that well known of here in the US.  Irish Hurling is a good example.

Cricket is one that I have had little exposure to.  There are several Cricket Clubs in the Delaware Valley region.  The most notable is the Merion Cricket Club.  There are others that were formed by a bunch of Doctors of Bahamian decent.  However these are all "Amatuer" and their schedules etc aren't advertised.
Consequently I know very little about the game, and it's professional incarnations.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Toltec View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Shape Shifter

Quote Toltec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2014 at 14:58
England never ever lose to Australia at cricket, only Australia loses to England.

If England win, no-one much in England cares, because no-one in England cares about cricket, but the Australians all caring very much about cricket are devastated.

If Australia wins, no-one in England cares much and the Australians are devastated because no-one in England cares less about their victory which sours it.
Stupidity got us into this mess, why can't it get us out?

History Planet Website
<br /
toyomotor View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

BANNED TROLL

Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2014 at 19:02
Originally posted by Toltec

England never ever lose to Australia at cricket, only Australia loses to England.

If England win, no-one much in England cares, because no-one in England cares about cricket, but the Australians all caring very much about cricket are devastated.

If Australia wins, no-one in England cares much and the Australians are devastated because no-one in England cares less about their victory which sours it.

heh, heh, heh.Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply