Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ASIAN AIRFORCES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASIAN AIRFORCES
    Posted: 15-May-2005 at 15:55
well we have a thread for army and navy, so why not airforce
sinosword View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote sinosword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 15:57

Good idea!

Chinese AWACS KJ-2000

Edited by sinosword
JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 15:59
Taiwanese Ching Kuo

JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 16:00
Indonesian Vipers

Edited by JiNanRen
JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 16:03
Chinese J-10 Vanguard/Vigorous Dragon

Edited by JiNanRen
JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 16:18
Indonesian Flanker

JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 16:20
Indian Flankers

JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 16:21
Chinese Flanker

JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 16:48
More chinese flankers

JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 17:44
royal thai airforce F-16s

JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 17:49
Singaporean viper

King Chulalongkorn View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote King Chulalongkorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 17:51

Thai F-16  MULTI- ROLE Air Superiority Fighters

Flying above Korat Air Force Base...

GOD BLESS THE MIGHTY ROYAL THAI AIR FORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F-5 Tactical Fighter

LOLLL..NO TANKS/TROOPS WILL EVER STEP ONE FOOT IN THAILAND WITH THESE BABIES IN COMPLETE CONTROL OF THAI AIR SPACE..ROFLLL!!

Kha Wora Phutthachao Nop Phra Phumiban Bunya Direk
JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 17:55
Lol i knew that pic would get you excited
JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 17:58
South Korean Airforce

F-16C

F-5

F-4D

King Chulalongkorn View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote King Chulalongkorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 18:12

Hahaha of course; I have cousins that are in the RTAF.

Thanks for the posting of the S. Korean jets..amazing that SKAF uses F-4; I mean those fighters are extremely old and slow...I understand why they would retain the use of F-5s Freedom Fighters because those babies are small and extremely fast/agile. Can out maneuver an SU-30 MKK and easily outmaneuver a Mig Flanker.

Now..I have a question on the J-10; they look like modified Soviet migs with uncanny resemblance to our F-16s. Interesting if the PLAAF managed to get the specs from their Pakistani allies in return for military purchasing of Chinese hardware; I mean as far as I remember..I hear the PAF is purchasing 150 J-10 fighters......

Another question is..how do J-10 fighters fare against the F-16/F-5/Mirage 2000???

Cheers my chinese friend!

Kha Wora Phutthachao Nop Phra Phumiban Bunya Direk
I/eye View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote I/eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 19:17

F-4's sure are old.. although they made the SKAF very strong at the time they came in..

but don't worry..

F-15K's are coming.. upgrades of F-15E, the newest and best F-15 type

[URL=http://imageshack.us]
JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 20:24
Originally posted by King Chulalongkorn

Hahaha of course; I have cousins that are in the RTAF.

Thanks for the posting of the S. Korean jets..amazing that SKAF uses F-4; I mean those fighters are extremely old and slow...I understand why they would retain the use of F-5s Freedom Fighters because those babies are small and extremely fast/agile. Can out maneuver an SU-30 MKK and easily outmaneuver a Mig Flanker.

Now..I have a question on the J-10; they look like modified Soviet migs with uncanny resemblance to our F-16s. Interesting if the PLAAF managed to get the specs from their Pakistani allies in return for military purchasing of Chinese hardware; I mean as far as I remember..I hear the PAF is purchasing 150 J-10 fighters......

Another question is..how do J-10 fighters fare against the F-16/F-5/Mirage 2000???

Cheers my chinese friend!

The J-10 was made possible by a Russian supply of engines and a possible Israeli assistance in its avionics(however this was firmly denied by both parties).  It is armed with the PL-8 and PL-9C short ranged AAMs which is claimed to outperform the US sidewinders and is on par with the russian R-73.  It is also armed with SD-10/PL-12 active radar homing medium ranged AAM very similar in shape to the US AIM-120, it is claimed to yield similar performances when to the AIM-120 and the Russian R-77 adder.

The J-10 is aerodynamically advanced and was designed from the outset as an airsuperiority fighter to counter highly manuverable Soviet MiG-29s and Su-27s.  As the program progressed into the mid 90s its role shifted into a multirole fighter designed to defeat American F-15/16 and F/A-18 fighters.  The US airforce has stated that the J-10A represents a serious threat to the F/A-18E/F in terms of manuverability.  Therefore, although its has yet to be tested in combat, it was compare very favorably its with western and soviet counterparts.

JiNanRen View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote JiNanRen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 20:38
Originally posted by King Chulalongkorn

LOL. J-10 is good, but not good enough compared to the performance of F-16s; in fact, how do J-10 fare compared to F-16 air superiority ?

Good artillery pictures..lol..but remember..a good artillery is worthless when an enemy has a better and far more superior air offense/defense that can knock ground troops out of commission. LOL.

Good pics..good pics!

F-16C/D was world-class until the 1990's when the European and Chinese delta-canard designs(aka French Rafale, EU Eurofighter Typhoon, Swedish JAS-39 Gripen and Chinese J-10) became the cutting edge(not counting the F-22).  The late variants of Su-27/30 (aka Su-35/37) were also extraordinary, although they were somewhat inferior avionics-wise, they made it up with their gravity-defying performances.
sinosword View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote sinosword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2005 at 19:59

I prefer indigenous weapon than imported one.

I/eye View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote I/eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2005 at 20:38
is that an Israeli Lavi?
[URL=http://imageshack.us]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>