Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need help identifying contents of a manuscript

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Baal Melqart View Drop Down
General
General

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help identifying contents of a manuscript
    Posted: 09-Sep-2013 at 10:56

There is no doubt that this is written in Persian and belongs to the post-Islamic period. Anyone can read it and tell me what it says or help me identify it. Help would be appreciated.

Edited by TheAlaniDragonRising - 10-Sep-2013 at 07:23
Timidi mater non flet
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2013 at 11:25
Cyrus can!
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Sep-2013 at 15:24
Baal, your Doc. isn't showing.
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Sep-2013 at 07:26
Originally posted by red clay

Baal, your Doc. isn't showing.
Sorted, red, gave it a helping hand.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2013 at 04:36
Painting seems to be not related to the text, in fact it has hidden the major part of the text, the only complete sentence located at the bottom of page which says "You don't know that every tribe which has the tradition of marriage, wants to prevent adultery."
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2013 at 07:35
It looks logical."Innocent" lambs that escape from the flock are arrowed&cut....Smile
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2013 at 07:46
It might be an allegory, so the golden creatures may be their women folk.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2013 at 07:57
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Painting seems to be not related to the text, in fact it has hidden the major part of the text, the only complete sentence located at the bottom of page which says "You don't know that every tribe which has the tradition of marriage, wants to prevent adultery."

Thanks Cyrus for the help. Do you have any wild guess as to what sort of manuscript this is?

Timidi mater non flet
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2013 at 10:06
I just searched part of the text in the web and found that it is a Persian translation of Usul al-Kafi, (vol.4, page 6) by Muhammad Kulayni (864 - 941 AD).
General
General

Quote Baal Melqart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2013 at 14:10
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

I just searched part of the text in the web and found that it is a Persian translation of Usul al-Kafi, (vol.4, page 6) by Muhammad Kulayni (864 - 941 AD).

Great work man! Al-kafi is a prominent Shia scholar if I'm not mistaken? So this is some sort of theological treatise?

Timidi mater non flet
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2013 at 16:47
Yes, the text seems to be so, but I don't understand the relation of the painting to it.
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2013 at 09:25
To me there's a suggestion that if indeed there is a connection between picture and text, that it might be saying guard your women, for they are precious, too precious to lose them to alternative traditions. My guess that if there's a religious context here, then tradition would mean religion, or type of the religion followed. I could be way out here. This is just my take on what has been said.  
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2013 at 12:16
and if she "run away" just "kill" her...Ouch
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2013 at 12:37
Originally posted by medenaywe

and if she "run away" just "kill" her...Ouch

The suggestion might allow for that if interpreted that way, and I guess in a twisted way it could unfortunately.
 Post Reply Post Reply