Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eagle/Hawk Mountain, Human Role?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eagle/Hawk Mountain, Human Role?!
    Posted: 30-Jun-2013 at 14:29

Those who have travelled to central Iran and visited this 2 km high mountain, have talked about the similarity of this mounatin to a proud hawk or eagle from all sides, it can be said some ancient eagle symbols in Iran had been inspired by this mountain or vice versa, is it really possible to think about a human role in the formation of it?

Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2013 at 14:37
dunno. what do the archeo's/anthros and geologists say?

Are there visible signs of ancient stone masonry or religious incriptions displayed?
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2013 at 15:48
It is hard to believe that it's high is 2 km. I think it is because of even the city near it (Yazd) is located on 1200m. Big smile

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2013 at 03:44
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

dunno. what do the archeo's/anthros and geologists say?

Are there visible signs of ancient stone masonry or religious incriptions displayed?

I couldn't found any serious research about it, of course it is usually prefered to be called as a natural mountain.

Originally posted by Ollios

It is hard to believe that it's high is 2 km. I think it is because of even the city near it (Yazd) is located on 1200m. Big smile

It is 2,018 meters high and that is not yazd but a village named Farasha, this is an aerial view from other side:

And look at the height of trees in this pic:

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 01-Jul-2013 at 03:49
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2013 at 05:06
I know it is not Yazd, but just Yazd is enough big city to me to check it's elevation(1216m). I can't find the elevation of village Farasha. 

I just want to mean photo high is nearly just 2018-1216=816m.(I think village Farasha is on more higher place than Yazd so it can be smaller than 800m)

I don't think there is scientific defination of mountain. For example mountain of Smoke in Bahrain. It is just 134m high but people call it as mountain. Eagle mountain doesn't like a mountain which I am used to see in Turkey. It is small for me. I suggest these names; Hill of Eagle or Eagle Rock Big smile

But its shape is amazing. With your post, We also learnt that eagle was previous symbol of Iran, it doesn't always lion 

If this doesn't a special shape, people can bulit a castle on it like this in Turkey. This place is known by opium production 

It's high is just 226 m from the city(I want to mean this for Mt. Eagle). From the sea, it is 1447m. However, Eagle Mountain should be 4 times bigger than this, if you look it from close. One of just 221m, the other one 816m. 

Edited by Ollios - 01-Jul-2013 at 05:10
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2013 at 06:19
Of course the actual height of it from ground is certainly less than 2 km.

It is interesting that there is also an eagle rock in Iran:

Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2013 at 12:48
Quite impressive. Last question. Is it climbed?
And if so do you have a local scale?

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2013 at 14:27
Looks entirely natural.  Lots of that everywhere, including the surface of Mars.  Remember the famous Face?

In my immediate vicinity there are places with names like Monkey Head Butte, Sleeping Man (named by the Utes), Kissing Camels in Garden of the Gods, and a host of others, although truthfully Pike's Peak doesn't look a bit like him!  Wink  People seem to like to humanize/animalize objects and then name them.

Edited by Mountain Man - 01-Jul-2013 at 14:30
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2013 at 14:59
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

Quite impressive. Last question. Is it climbed?
And if so do you have a local scale?

The fact is that I am also interested to know this thing, I searched in the web but it seems there isn't much info about it, anyway I think it can be a good destination for rock climbers.
lincy View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote lincy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jul-2019 at 03:48
It looks so natural happy to know about this. 
 Post Reply Post Reply