Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Snowden's Father: Son Would Return for US Espionag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snowden's Father: Son Would Return for US Espionag
    Posted: 28-Jun-2013 at 16:31
Real good reason for this. One is that prosecutors would be required to reveal intell probably classified during defense 'discovery'. Subpoenas by defense could be issued to agents or management.

Is he another Assange? Manning?

Enough out there to make a determination. Spy-traitor or wannabe hero....for the young disaffected, anti-government crowd, anarchists; under the guise of defender of privacy. Is that a concern or consequence of the WOT?

You make the call.

http://www.voanews.com/content/snowdens-father-son-would-return-for-us-espionage-trial/1691329.html

http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=2096&category=Environment

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 28-Jun-2013 at 16:44
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jun-2013 at 11:54
I'm not comfortable calling a whistle blower - protected by Federal law - a traitor.  The anger coming from the White House seems to be based on his revealing illegal actions on the part of the government, and my feelings have always been that if the government does not obey its own laws, there is no valid reason for the citizenry to do so either.

So why did Snowden flee?  Because under our current "laws", people can be made to disappear forever without access to charges, counsel or any of the guaranteed Constitutional rights for someone labeled as "traitor" by an administration with a great deal to hide.

The government has a great many questions to answer before pointing fingers or making accusations.  Until then, Snowden remains merely a whistle blower to me, keeping in mind that security leaks are as commonplace in the American government as cups of coffee and therefore many congressmen, senators and White House officials also qualify as "traitors".  We could start with AG Holder, who openly gave "aid and comfort" to the enemies of America - the narco-terrorists of the Mexican drug cartels.

Just my humble opinion...
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2013 at 10:31
A big humilation against Bolivia president in Europe

After that
President Evo Morales has threatened to close the US embassy in Bolivia after his official plane was banned from European airspace.

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2013 at 11:12
A quote from Mr. Morales-
"We have dignity, sovereignty. Without America, we are better off politically and democratically."
Good for them. 
So right off, terminate any and all aid to them if we still do that, and close the Boarders to any citizen of Bolivia.  We don't need them either.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jul-2013 at 15:55
Originally posted by red clay

A quote from Mr. Morales-
"We have dignity, sovereignty. Without America, we are better off politically and democratically."
Good for them. 
So right off, terminate any and all aid to them if we still do that, and close the Boarders to any citizen of Bolivia.  We don't need them either.

LOLLOLLOL  mind runs away and self-defence system comes around. There is a idiom in Turkey: "guilty and also mighty"

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2013 at 11:59
Yep well seeing how there Pres is a big proponent of sales of coca plants no big loss. USAID already got the boot so.....as did the DEA so no loss.

S. T. Friedman

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2013 at 14:52
Bolivia Becomes Third Country Saying It Would Grant Snowden Asylum

http://www.rferl.org/content/snowden-bolivia-asylum/25038630.html

S. T. Friedman

Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jul-2013 at 16:36
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

...no big loss.

LOLLOLLOL  It is real funny to see you in not able to see what is wrong and what is true condition.

Let me help you bro Wink
*Wrong: Selling information about your national weapons and military plants 
*True: Selling information about unillegal or unethical acts of your govertment

It is actually quite simple. I am under the shock now and sad to see you guys under the big pressure of your goverment. They have done well the brand-wash. Don't be fanatic and be brave as a man who says wrong when sees wrong things.

For me, he is an international hero.

There is another Middle East expression which is suitable for USA:
 "Arrogance of Pharaoh" or "Arrogance of Nimrod

Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2013 at 11:41
What is wrong is the loss of classified information reference national security issues, procedures and techniques. What is wrong is the guy fled to and probably has given the information to states not interested in securing the same but rather disruption of the same.

What's wrong is the phenomena currently in vogue; that only the 'great satan' does this. Which is bullshit. It's done by all. Most recently as revealed by the French also mega data mining.

What's wrong is the attitude that it's ok to single out only the great satan for alleged civil rights violations. When many other states to include those the information was given to ...not only commit even greater civil rights violations, if they even promote civil liberty in the first place, but promote and support terrorism, nuclear blackmail and extortion and drug trafficking.

This guy is no hero. He's a nerd looking for fame; that is delusional based, if he actually believed this didn't occur and hasn't occurred as a routine matter of collecting information to be possibly be used in the intelligence collection process.

And that friend Ollios has been going on for centuries.

Whether greater oversight is required is moot.

He committed a exstant criminal violation of the US
Criminal Code. There are many ways to whistle blow and gain attention. Releasing the information ala Assange style, to a foreign rag know for it's occasional anti American rants is not one of them.

S. T. Friedman

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2013 at 11:59
Much adoo about very little.  These programs Snowden blew thw whistle on,  I thought they were common knowledge.  A little clear thought about "Intercepts" and "Chatter", and you have to know this intell is coming from some where. 
And most of the Moral Outrage coming from abroad, is coming from Governments who are doing the same type of "listening".   But they weren't "outed" so they are keeping quiet about it but throwing a lot of attention to the US programs.

Snowden is a sad case.  He thinks he's done something good.  He hasn't, he's exposed an important defensive program, provided comfort to the opposition and in less than a year, no one will remember his name, and nothing will have changed.  The listening program will have just changed names and most everything else will go on.

This isn't the first time this has happened, the Berrigans, the Pentagon Papers etc.  Big media blowup, moral outrage spilling from every blubbery mouthed anti American politician, and what happened?
Zilch, bupkis, nothing.   The programs they exposed were just reorganized and went deeper.

Snowden's motivation may have been morally right, but I happen to think there were others involved who used him.
In the end, when all of the tut- tuting is done, all he will have accomplished is international embarrasment of the US government.  Something the government is capable of all by themselves.

In todays environment, if any government has the ability to listen for signs of terrorist activity and doesn't use it, that's immoral.  And downright stupid.

Ollios, my anti American friend, if you think the US is the only government that does this, I have some swamp land in Florida you might be interested in.TongueWink

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2013 at 19:02
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

...It's done by all. Most recently as revealed by the French also mega data mining.

Yes, I have read news about French, so what? Two wrongs, doesn't make one true. That's is France shame. 

I don't want to live in a world which will be controled by BİG BROTHERS. I still remember spying case of muslims students in New York so there should be some rules in this case. It is bad wherever or whoever is doing 

Main problem is not Snowden. It is your attitude like who care's Bolivia.

Your goverment is quite know to welcome dictators who listen US, but you don't have respect against lawful peaceful preminister of Latin America.

Originally posted by red clay

Ollios, my anti American friend, if you think the US is the only government that does this, I have some swamp land in Florida you might be interested in.TongueWink

What you are doing for your national security, also puts you in a condition which you need more security(it is increasing hate against you). You haven't realized that and you don't have border between national security and American facism. 

Ex: You need Guantomano based for your national security
Ex: You and your allies need to use chemical weapons to protect own national securities but it is your red line for others. They can't use it.
Ex: All countries on world just your cows and you are cowboy so they can't stop production, you can occupay them (invasion plan of Saudi Arabia) 

I want to be tranparency in politics, not spying(For USA, for Russia-Red spy). Do I want a lot?

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2013 at 00:54
Kid has to fix "painful" coming in USA.Otherway His life will look miserable no matter where he goes,
Security agencies never forget.Obama could promise him fer trial&parole after coming.Big Brother watches us,be awared!Wink
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2013 at 12:51
blog sites forums and chat rooms have been monitored for years now Meden.

What ya need to know are the 'keywords' they look for.

Even then the volume is immense actually enormous. Requires lots of time to analyze raw data even with top line encryption and tracking software.

Here is an example.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2013/06/you-wont-believe-how-many-keywords-the-nsa-is-tracking/

Bl. Make no threats and don't say the wrong thing.

S. T. Friedman

TITAN_ View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote TITAN_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2013 at 05:33
"Bl. Make no threats and don't say the wrong thing"

What is the wrong thing? How can anyone tell if "the wrong thing" was said seriously or as a joke?

Ok, let's do a test: Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb.

(counting seconds before someone comes crashing through my door: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.....50... still nothing).
αἰὲν ἀριστεύειν
Een aristevin
“Ever to Excel“
From Homer's Iliad (8th century BC).
Motto of the University of St Andrews (founded 1410), the Edinburgh Academy (founded 1824) and others.
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jul-2013 at 11:54
A fair point.

They can't necessarily make a single determination on a single event useage. They can however determine 'patterns of usage', based on words and phrases being monitored. And this linked with other evidence; to include profiling of a known suspect's conduct or known associations, travel history and financial history, and communications history to name but a couple, can reveal much.

Now if ya believe the wizards at NSA; are not currently doing this.... to any individual Americans. Well...... But my old friend; the bullshirt bird is crying out over that one. Because the rub is not whether it's applicable or even legal, and currently it is..for use in counter terrorism. But whether it's a violation of civil liberties when used in a mega mining data context en mass.

It is axiomatic that if the tech is available the probability of useage is there.

And I wouldn't push the issue by believing they are not listening and not monitoring. Because they don't think it's a joke.

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 09-Jul-2013 at 11:55

S. T. Friedman

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2013 at 00:42

Snowden try to be decent citizen where it is not allowed.When you join agency main rule is:What comes here stays here no matter of content in it.SmileEven Fifth amandment can not help here:He brakes rule of secrecy so he is trairor.

Edited by medenaywe - 10-Jul-2013 at 00:42
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2013 at 11:31
If it appears I'm taking this lightly, it may be that having grown up during the peak of the Cold War, I'm more aware, if not accepting, of the fact that "someone's listening".   My father's work was "hyper-secret", as was the work of many who lived around us.  It wasn't lost on anyone that we all lived in the same town.  Made it easier to watch everyone.  We were used to "the black cars" that were always around and we were very careful of what was said on the phone. 
There were however, incidents that made us realize that the folks following us weren't always "our guys".
Paranoia?, maybe, but remember, just because your paranoid, don't mean their not out to get ya.Big smile

Unknown.
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jul-2013 at 12:30
If it appears I'm taking this lightly, it may be that having grown up during the peak of the Cold War,

nah. Realistically perhaps with a touch of the 'Joisey' cynic. Not unlike those on the Llano.

Nor do I dispute previous occurrences and or previous typical native reaction. The American sheeple can't remember shit past 48 hours except whether they're going to get a welfare check on time.

What gnaws the bone... is the typical reaction of the anarchists and anti-American bashers who believe their moral outrage is new, refreshing and of superior importance. As if this outrage is or has not been occurring for the first time, reference nation x spying on nation y.

Not only shows their lack of knowledge of the historiography of intelligence gathering. But their delusional acceptance it should not be done....by anyone.....let alone the great satan. Or their vapid denial that it's being done by their own state.

Or even when they do that; they adopt the Rodney King mantra of ''why can't we just all get along''. While mouthing platitudes of meaningless speech that neither are relevant given the current context of the subject matter or that versus the concerns of a democratic free state's liberties.

As usual, they will be the first to disappear into the death camps. And somebody else will be required to spend blood and treasure to ensure the memory of their vacuous rhetoric is acknowledged and that they existed at all.

Treal truth afaic, in the recent American experience, is that the creation of the FISA courts while nominally an excellent idea to expedite the collection and analysation process....were not adequately provided with follow on congressional oversight.

What in fact occurred; is that congress and the various administrations have ducked the issue for political expediency's sake. And allowed an erosion of the Constitution; in favor of courts of jurisdiction, that essentially have no oversight.

FISA courts were not designed nor intended to replace the executive and congressional duties required and mandated by those branches of government. To ensure a balance between national security issues and policy and civil liberties.

But the gutless frackers have done it anyway.

S. T. Friedman

yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2013 at 04:21
i agree with Olliosi don't like some guys watching me it's give me bad feeling ConfusedThumbs Down but as long as they don't use this for cut the freedom of people i wont take it so harsh 

there is a one question will remain what if these agencies get corrupted with this view the story goes quite different way we must watch up for illegal actions Big smile
yomud are free people
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2013 at 15:24
Fugitive Snowden to Seek Temporary Asylum in Russia

That headline says it all.
A newborn commie...deluded into thinking civil rights in Russia or socialist states in S. America are better then at home.
Broke the law. Suffer the consequences.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat a fracking idiot.

http://www.voanews.com/content/reu-snowden-to-seek-temporary-asylum-in-russia/1700503.html

S. T. Friedman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>