Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

situation in Iraq

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: situation in Iraq
    Posted: 06-Jun-2013 at 14:56
As I didnt want to hijack the discussion about Turkey, I moved it here.

What is the situation in Iraq today?
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2013 at 15:11
Probably the same as Syria: a weak, divided country at risk from both anarchy and Islamist dictatorship.
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2013 at 15:25
Originally posted by TheAlaniDragonRising

Although not getting money doesn't preclude an intention for it, Mosquito, involvement doesn't automatically signify an intention for it either. As I have already said, self interest tends to be the overwhelming factor, be it political or economic. For instance, the Germans. They have strong ties with the French. The French were well publicized as doing massive deals with Saddam Hussein for the rights to Iraqi oil, putting France in a very very strong position on the world stage. The deal was the reason the French tried to stop the Iraq war, and with their close alliance with the Germans they have been notorious over a number of years for political bullying. As for Who makes decisions over Iraqi contracts, who do yo think should be making the decisions, Iraqis, or those outside of Iraq? As for American politicians, who knows? Have there been many caught in any illegal acts involved in any contracts? If the Iraqis are making decisions on contracts, are we not talking about subcontracts in regards to how American firms are operating?    

Iraq has become new colony of the USA. One can even find it strange that so far the president of USA didnt nominate anyone for official viceroy.
Another strange thing is that American corporations didnt make new firm modeled after old good english East Indian Company. Maybe just both those things would sound bad and it is better to pretend that Iraq is a foreign country governed by its people, such fiction sureally makes US citisens feel better.

Starting from the begining - local politicians in Iraq dont do anything what is against the wishes of their american masters. The roles of american masters are played by two different kinds of people. First are the official American diplomats. The second are the men working for big American corporations. Usually both diplomats and people sent to Iraq to play the roles of bosses of corporations there, are connected, often spent time together and even live in the same places. They both are also guarded by mercenaries who are working for American corporations or American goverment.
Those American corporations gets most of the contracts for rebuilding Iraq and they recive them by bribering local politicians and American diplomats who are recomending this or other corporation.
Locals dont dare to say "no" to Americans. Its easy do get killed in Iraq especially if the bullets shot by rebels looks same as those shot by "private contractors" hired by American companies and goverment.
What is uniqe is probably the fact that never in the history were everywhere hired so many mercenaries (usually called in massmedia "private contractors" as in Iraq.
For the US army it was also a special situation, when the first time in the history of USA, regular units of American soldiers served under command of private company, fulfilling the orders of mercenary (upps sorry - of private contractor), instead of Amercian oficer.

Companies such as Halliburton, Blackwater, Dyncorp, Vinell or MPRI very often hire even retired american generals who have conections and relations with the people currently working in PENTAGON.

The oil industries in Iraq are also in the hands of American corporations. And the money from oil pay for everything.

civilian contractors
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2013 at 15:36
I think that most of Americans should also see this documentary avaible on You Tube, titled

NO END IN SIGHT

Edited by Mosquito - 06-Jun-2013 at 15:39
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2013 at 16:56
Iraq is going to be division. North Iraq/Kurdustian/Soranistan goverment and Baghdat couldn't make a deal about petroleum. North Iraq has own army. Turkey is making agreement with N.Iraq that's why Turkey and Iraq goverment don't have good relationship now. Barzani threatened Baghdat to declare independence in this April. 

yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2013 at 07:34
you have no idea what's going on here do u ? iraq right now is second oil producer and recently get iran rank in opec as second producer . producing oil need alot of money which american have given them and yes they will get thier share form this fruitful business i ill call it . plz dont see every usa action for money saddam was ally of usa in 8 year iran iraq war but after war he turn from usa to russia . after usa attacks we see iraq divided in to 3 pice 1 is shia arab they are greatest group in iraq and ofc they are friend of iran and russia 2 kurds since usa could win supports of shias they take their chance with kurd they give weapons and money to them but kurds use those weapons against the turk this make large unhappiness among people and yes kurds almost get what they want from turkey 3 is sunni arabs they are small group so they are not important

your asking me What is the situation in Iraq ?? well shia arabs waiting for the weapons and aircrafts they have ordered from russians after they get their weapon they will crush those kurds and make it so bloody as much as the kurds NEVER  ask their rights from iraqi gov and yes they will have iranian on their back and since russia has 20.000 men in armenian and georgia and 15.000 in ukraine i dont think turkey will enter the war in behalf of kurd . kurd who kill  so many turkish guards  after assad have done  with it's people and nouri al maliki  crush the kurds they will make defence pact with russia and they will beyond grasp of west  

Edited by yomud - 07-Jun-2013 at 12:40
yomud are free people
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jun-2013 at 13:20
Originally posted by yomud

you have no idea what's going on here do u ? iraq right now is second oil producer and recently get iran rank in opec as second producer . producing oil need alot of money which american have given them and yes they will get thier share form this fruitful business i ill call it .

So far I know Iraq is at the moment not a state but country, ruled by the big American corporations like in some weird SF movie...
Ollios View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Ollios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2013 at 16:24
Originally posted by yomud

You are right about arming race in Iraq. Iraq is like Iran (Russian and British) or Germany (American-West and Russian-East). There is two pole now; Kurds(American side) and Shia-Sunni Arabs (Russian side). However Kurd-Arab conflict didn't create by USA and Russia. It has already existed. They were biggest ethnic group in Iraq and also the most downtrodden one. The conflict is about petroluem in North Iraq. During the choas times, Kurds made own agrements and fellow own politics. That's why, Iraq feels that he is geeting lose the control of this rich area 

I don't know much about Arabization period under the Saddam rule, but now Kurds seem to change demographic structure of Musul and Kerkuk. They are border city of Kurdish majority zone but also they are out of Kurdish authority.

Kurds made massive construction movement in North Iraq, but especialy Turkmens in Iraq who they are living in Nort Iraq but not under the Kurdish authority, are worried

Originally posted by Mosquito

So far I know Iraq is at the moment not a state but country, ruled by the big American corporations like in some weird SF movie...

Big smile

yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2013 at 19:36
what must be done in iraq  for keeping peace and stability
yomud are free people
 Post Reply Post Reply