Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why am I blocked ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why am I blocked ?
    Posted: 28-May-2013 at 12:17
As has happened twice recently I find myself in receipt of a number of simultaneous replies to posts submitted to your forum. Yet when I attempt to respond to them simultaneously I find my response treated as spam and therefore blocked. This is most irritating, especially since my response is lost forever, and is no incentive to continue participating. Kindly explain why this happens.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2013 at 12:37
There is no reason for this that I can find.  I have checked your profile, your listed as active.  We do not have a "spam blocker".
Could you explain the circumstance this happens under, and what error message you see.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
yomud View Drop Down
Baron
Baron
Inactive

Quote yomud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2013 at 12:39
log out and log in than try again 
yomud are free people
TheAlaniDragonRising View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Spam Fighter

Quote TheAlaniDragonRising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2013 at 12:56
Marlin47, I often get a notification about spamming suggesting my post hasn't gone through, but when returning back to the subject I find my post, as if nothing was wrong.
What a handsome figure of a dragon. No wonder I fall madly in love with the Alani Dragon now, the avatar, it's a gorgeous dragon picture.
Marlin47 View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Marlin47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2013 at 01:16
I suspect that one obvious solution to my problem would be to allow a period of time to elapse between postings. This is inconvenient but I will try. I will also follow the suggestions detailed above. Thank you.
Mountain Man View Drop Down
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2013 at 11:47
It happens to all of us because the forum software is set to interpret multiple rapid posts as "spamming". You have to wait a specified period of time before you can post again.

You're right; it's a pain, but then so is being unable to select or post an avatar or a signature because "you do not have authority to perform this action.".  Disapprove

Edited by Mountain Man - 29-May-2013 at 11:48
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2013 at 13:43
MM, I was just on your profile.  I don't know why the avatar function doesn't work for you, but I'll look into it.  Have you tried submitting an avatar not in the program?
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2013 at 17:04
You might recall that when I first joined, I tried everything, including asking for help.  As you can clearly see for yourself, still no avatar and still no signature, and I still "do not have the authority to perform this action."  I gave up asking months ago.

We seem to have a perceptual dichotomy here as to what is and what isn't available to members.

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2013 at 09:09
Originally posted by Mountain Man

You might recall that when I first joined, I tried everything, including asking for help.  As you can clearly see for yourself, still no avatar and still no signature, and I still "do not have the authority to perform this action."  I gave up asking months ago.

We seem to have a perceptual dichotomy here as to what is and what isn't available to members.

No!  What we have is an aging forum software that Cyrus, a software engineer, has customized.  If you continue to internalize and take glitches personally, I'll have to change your Nick to-"Mountain out of Molehill Man".

I went to your profile and tried using those avatars that are in the system.  The program wouldn't accept them.  This tells me there is a basic problem in the D Base.  Cyrus and I have an agreement, he doesn't dabble in US history, and I don't mess with the Data Base. 
I'll PM Cyrus and see what he can do.  I apologize for the time span, I actually thought this had been resolved.

Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2013 at 09:22

MM, your signature functions fine,

This is your sig.  I'll work on the avatar next.

Unknown.
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2013 at 09:36
I identified a problem that you admit not knowing about and your response is to accuse me of making a "mountain out of a molehill"?

I just tested your statement and attempted to edit my own signature on my own profile page, and this is what I got:

Error Only members with sufficient permission can access this page.

A security error has occurred with authentication.

I still do not have "sufficient permission" to access my own profile page, so obviously nothing has been "fixed".

Please just leave everything the way it is, RC.  I appreciate your efforts and concerns, but that way I won't be falsely accused of causing you "problems".

Edited by Mountain Man - 30-May-2013 at 09:41
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2013 at 09:55
I wasn't accusing you of anything, falsely or otherwise.  I was merely making light of something that occurs frequently, even to me.

And thanks for giving me a whole 15 minutes to fix the problem, that was extremely gracious of you.
Unknown.
General
General

Quote Mountain Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2013 at 13:12
I didn't "give you a whole 15 minutes" - I told you that you didn't have to spend any time at all on it.  My purpose is not to put you to work, but to inform you that problems remain unsolved.

BTW - I just went to my MCP and found that almost all of the options I am supposed to have on the page are blocked for the same reason:

"You do not have the necessary authority to perform this action."

I think this goes way beyond mere "outdated software", because these are admin settings made by someone, right?
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2013 at 13:48
I am sick and tired of your paranoid delusions.  Your badly disguised accusations have hit at exactly the wrong time for you.

Take your "I'm so much better than you" attitude somewhere else.  Suspended.
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply