Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedForgotten craftsmen who built Taj Mahal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forgotten craftsmen who built Taj Mahal
    Posted: 11-Jul-2010 at 13:04
^ it has some fusion from local indian architecture too, espeically inside, but it was by made by the mughals like that. It wasn't some ancient hindu temple that nationalistic claim.

If you look at all mughal buildings, roughly 80% is persian/islamic architecture but around 20% is local indian fusion aswell. Mughals were definatly influenced by local indian architecture too some degree.

Edited by balochii - 11-Jul-2010 at 13:05
Miller View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2010 at 16:25
Originally posted by red clay

Certain sections of the Exterior "sing". The Marble filigree work allows the wind to pass through, but when the wind is stronger it makes soft whistling sound.  When the wind changes, the sound does also.  The legend is that the marbles were chosen for the pitch they had when the wind blew through.  Which sort of throws out the idea that any marble would do.

In undergrad. [a few years backWink] A course I had spent some time on Islamic Architecture. The documentation available for the TM is amazingly complete, and cancels the Idea that it was "recycled".
The TM has more than one influence, it's a fusion of several cultures.  When I think of Persian-Islamic only, I am more inclined to look at something like "the Alhambra". 

The signature of Persian-Islamic architecture is the pointed arches which orginates from Sassanid architecture and became dominate in the eastern part of the muslim world and is also present in Taj Mahal. I tend to agree with balochi that Taj Mahal is mostly Persian-Islamic architecture with minor local south Aisan influences.
If I remeber correctly Alhambra uses circular acrhes that were used in north Africa and western part of the Muslim areas

ranjithvnambiar View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2010 at 02:47
Originally posted by balochii

^ yes some thing like that is possible, however many hindu nationtionalistic claim that all beautiful things in the Taj Mahal like the "marble" were part of the temple, that some how Mughals remade/carved the whole top side of the temple to make taj mahal (just look at the pics the guy posted above). Architecturally it does not make sense, we have well documented accounts of the where the marble and the people who designed the Taj Mahal came from. I mean it took 20 years to make the building and the whole surrounding palace/garden area. Almost everything about the Taj Mahal is "persian-islamic" architecture, yet many hindu nationalistic turn a blind eye on this. Luckily most hindus today are secular, so they dont believe their right wing nationalistics.

Balochi.. dont get nervous when you hear or see something that you dont want to hear or see
Even the autobiography of Shahjahan is not speaking abput such a large scale construction and the photos & details that i posted here are from a site by stephen knapp you can visit it if you want to know more the site is "www.stephen-knapp.com"
Or do you think Stephen knapp also is a Hindu nationalist....?LOL
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2010 at 04:19

^ it has some fusion from local indian architecture too, espeically inside, but it was by made by the mughals like that. It wasn't some ancient hindu temple that nationalistic claim.

If you look at all mughal buildings, roughly 80% is persian/islamic architecture but around 20% is local indian fusion aswell. Mughals were definatly influenced by local indian architecture too some degree.

That's what I wanted to hear or readThumbs Up The Taj is a one time only structure, it's unique in almost every way.  Part of the charm of the structure comes from the stories recorded at the time of the great care given by all involved, on almost every aspect of it's construction.  Something great and beautiful that was created through an alliance of cultures has to become a target of Nationalist extremists.  If for no other reason than having an example of cooperation existing in front of them to piss them off everyday.

You are referring to a Hominid group known as "Knotheads". Big smile They come in all shapes sizes, creed, color and nationality.  You have already found their bane and used it, truth, facts.  You find and isolate a truth, print it and they scatter like roaches when the lights go on.    
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2010 at 05:07

^ lol what garabage pics collection, they show nothing "hindu" in them. All this bullshit coming from hindus is so stupid, Just because you guys couldn't build a such a beautiful building doesn't mean you take credit for other people's work. There is no proof of that temple, because if it exisited surely some one would have documented it. Keep living in your fantasy world dumbasses

Moderator Edit:

Post contains several code of conduct violations and the poster has been warned.

The above sentence is a direct attack on religion.Who are the Hindus being mentioned here.
the above post about Tajmahal is given on Stephen Knapp's site.You can visit the same at"www,stephen_knapp.com".
Why areyou being so vocal about hindus and India whenever I am posting some replies and information I have.
I am providing links and proofs for all my claims.Why you are abusing hindus for my actions..?
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2010 at 06:14
Okay, My smoke detector just went off.  Who's playing with matches?

Let's keep this civil guys.  Flaming won't do anything except get this thread closed.

And BTW,  The Forgotten Craftsmen who built the Taj Is the topic let's get back to it.  A project of that magnitude would have attracted craftsmen of all disciplines from all over the East.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2010 at 07:18
Originally posted by ranjithvnambiar

^ yes some thing like that is possible, however many hindu nationtionalistic claim that all beautiful things in the Taj Mahal like the "marble" were part of the temple, that some how Mughals remade/carved the whole top side of the temple to make taj mahal (just look at the pics the guy posted above). Architecturally it does not make sense, we have well documented accounts of the where the marble and the people who designed the Taj Mahal came from. I mean it took 20 years to make the building and the whole surrounding palace/garden area. Almost everything about the Taj Mahal is "persian-islamic" architecture, yet many hindu nationalistic turn a blind eye on this. Luckily most hindus today are secular, so they dont believe their right wing nationalistics.

Balochi.. dont get nervous when you hear or see something that you dont want to hear or see
Even the autobiography of Shahjahan is not speaking abput such a large scale construction and the photos & details that i posted here are from a site by stephen knapp you can visit it if you want to know more the site is "www.stephen-knapp.com"
Or do you think Stephen knapp also is a Hindu nationalist....?LOL

Lets assume for argument that before there was a hindu temple there, my question to you is what is so hindu about the Taj Mahal? The structure, the gardens and whole area is persian/islamic, Just go to iran or central asia and see the similar buildings they have there. My problem with hindu nationalistics is that they claim everything belongs to them, to take credit for the whole building is nothing but absurd. I am willing to accept  that something might have been there before, but to say that whole of Taj Mahal is hindu is insane.

And I have seen all of your posts on this site, believe me, i know who you are and what your agenda is.
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2010 at 07:46
Dear Balochi,
I have already given you the link to the site.You can visit and check yourself
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2010 at 08:29
^ just because one guy is talking about it, doesn't make it a fact. Again i ask you, what is so hindu about the structure of Taj Mahal as a whole? almost nothing. no record of a hindu temple exists, why dont you bring proof of that first, then we will argue

Edited by balochii - 12-Jul-2010 at 08:35
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2010 at 08:53
also i urge people to do more research on this  Stephan-Knapp character, his whole website is dedicated to hinduisim and praising hinduism. its very very suspicious. 

look at his website: http://www.stephen-knapp.com/ LOL

Edited by balochii - 12-Jul-2010 at 09:00
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2010 at 09:03
also this is the real Stephen knapp, http://www.stephenknapp.com/
who knows a lot about art and architecture, and he talks nothing about Taj Mahal anywhere.

nice try ranjithvnambiar LOL

Edited by balochii - 12-Jul-2010 at 09:06
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2010 at 22:07
it is www.stephen-knapp.com
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2010 at 23:01

also i urge people to do more research on this  Stephan-Knapp character, his whole website is dedicated to hinduisim and praising hinduism. its very very suspicious. 

look at his website: http://www.stephen-knapp.com/ LOL

What is wrong if some body is praising or finding facts to support a religion or faith..?
Why should one be suspicious of a person who in his personal interest had done some research and published his finding..? In what way it is going to affect others../
He is only sharing his view....
Copernicus,Keplr  & Glileo were too thinking different from others or mainstream thoughts but later proved true..
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2010 at 00:18

Stephen Knapp is a well known speaker, writer, author, philosopher, spiritual practitioner, traveler and photographer. For years now he has been an independent researcher and an honest and bold writer of spiritual truth as he has discovered it. The main purpose of Stephen’s work is to offer simple ways and explanations to comprehend the lofty insights found within the spiritual philosophy and Vedic culture of India.

Stephen Knapp has dedicated himself to spreading the deepest and most practical levels of spiritual knowledge of the soul–our real identity. It is his strongest realization that our existence on this earthly plane becomes much easier and more vibrant the more we expand our spiritual awareness to perceive the higher dimensions and purpose of things around us.

Stephen Knapp grew up in a Christian family, during which time he seriously studied the Bible to understand its teachings. In his late teenage years, however, he sought solutions to many unanswered questions for which he read through many philosophies from around the world, studied a variety of occult sciences, ancient mythology, mysticism, yoga, and the spiritual teachings of the East. The reading of the Bhagavad-gita increased his understanding of everything else he had been studying. Therefore, he continued to research all of the major Vedic texts of India to gain a better understanding of the Vedic science. Now he also tirelessly works to protect, preserve and promote the deep spiritual knowledge of Vedic philosophy and its traditions. An introduction to his research, writing, and projects can be found at his website.

Stephen has been to India numerous times and traveled extensively throughout the country gaining a wide variety of spiritual experiences. His knowledge of India and familiarity with traveling in such a diverse country has made him an advisor for those who would like information concerning their own journeys to India. Stephen is also a free-lance photographer and does what he calls cultural photojournalism, capturing the essence of India and spiritual life in practice, which can help explain and show the depth of the culture. You can see samples of his photography on his website.

Stephen continues to travel to India on a regular basis, giving lectures on the benefits and glories of the Vedic tradition. He has traveled on lecture tours through Northeast India a few times to enthuse people to follow their indigenous traditions. He has also traveled a few times through Central India to lecture at schools and colleges, and intellectual groups about the profound nature of the Vedic culture. He has also spoken by invitation in front of 25,000 people at Madison Square Garden in New York City at a gathering of the Swadyaya Movement, and at numerous other events. He continues to speak, on television and radio shows, and give presentations at conferences where invited.

Stephen is also the founder of the World Relief Network. Its goal is to help relieve the sorrow, suffering and confusion on the planet by the dissemination of genuine spiritual knowledge and the means for individual and social enlightenment, and to work with others who feel the same. Many of his books are published through the World Relief Network.

balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2010 at 06:52

Who ever he is, i wont take his word for anything regarding Taj Mahal, he is no expert in art and architecture. He is only an expert in hinduism, so he will have an obvious bious to say that Taj mahal is a hindu temple.

Edited by balochii - 13-Jul-2010 at 06:53
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jul-2010 at 11:27
I don't like being ignored.  When you folks decide to return to topic, let me know.  Until then, thread closed.
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234