Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

america has to invade Iran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: america has to invade Iran
    Posted: 09-May-2005 at 10:50
Originally posted by YAFES

NUKE, NUKE, NUKE........ SO WHAT?

Who died of nukes so far?

Let me tell you, Catt; Nukes are not to detonate, they're to threaten, ok?

You wanna kill someone innocent, just invade Iraq, that's all. You know, pen is not stronger than sword evertime. Look at Iraq: Your international contracts gave way to your immoral army. And kept going on with the new Iraqi(!) government.

Yeah, and look at Israel, having a huge wall seperating Palestinian lands, and civilians from their houses. There have been debated millions of resolutions about it, but sometimes, the pen is unable to deal with the sword. Or maybe the pen serves the sword, who knows??

white dragon View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote white dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 13:25
i say, if somebody wants to invade iran, let th EU do it. most people seem to think they are almost as strong if not stronger than america. let them invade iran. they are plenty strong enough and im sick of america being the world's police
Pray as if everything depended upon God and work as if everything depended upon man.
-Francis Cardinal Spellman
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 13:29
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

Originally posted by YAFES

NUKE, NUKE, NUKE........ SO WHAT?

Who died of nukes so far?

Let me tell you, Catt; Nukes are not to detonate, they're to threaten, ok?

You wanna kill someone innocent, just invade Iraq, that's all. You know, pen is not stronger than sword evertime. Look at Iraq: Your international contracts gave way to your immoral army. And kept going on with the new Iraqi(!) government.

Yeah, and look at Israel, having a huge wall seperating Palestinian lands, and civilians from their houses. Therehavebeen debatedmillions of resolutions about it, but sometimes, the pen is unable to deal with the sword. Or maybe the pen serves the sword, who knows??

YAFES, you can ramble like the Cookie Monster with back to back posts but I was just giving you reason.

Oguzoglu, the difference with those resolutions is that they are 'Chapter 6' resolutions and not 7 which are enforceble.

Agree white dragon but dont hold your breath.

Consul
Consul

Quote white dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 13:37
dont worry im not
Pray as if everything depended upon God and work as if everything depended upon man.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2005 at 14:20

Originally posted by white dragon

i say, if somebody wants to invade iran, let th EU do it. most people seem to think they are almost as strong if not stronger than america. let them invade iran. they are plenty strong enough and im sick of america being the world's police

I dont think to invade Iran is such easy. Iraq was in a totally different situation, but Iran is a much more bigger, stronger and powerful country. To invade Iran by army isnt so possible for even US, because it is too mountainous, doesnt have available conditions for any invasions and Iran produces its own weaponary, armes and warmachines, so the army is very powerful.

So the EU can do nothing but use sanctions, ambargos and maybe airforces against Iran, but invading it, is a wet dream...

hugoestr View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote hugoestr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 09:49
For those who want/believe that the U.S. will attack Iran, here is a glimmer of hope.

This story is about how now the U.S. has evidence that the recent suicide bombing in Iraq has been executed by non-Iraqi terrorists.

Iran does not appear at all in the story, but if this leads further develops, the "culprit" nation may end up bombed or invaded. It all depends on who does the White House wants to put the blame on.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7784090/
Consul
Consul

Quote white dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 09:55
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

I dont think to invade Iran is such easy. Iraq was ina totally different situation, but Iran is a much more bigger, stronger and powerful country. To invade Iran by army isnt so possible for even US, because it is too mountainous, doesnt have available conditions for any invasions and Iran produces its own weaponary, armesand warmachines, so the armyisvery powerful.

So the EU can do nothing but use sanctions, ambargos and maybe airforces against Iran, but invading it, is a wet dream...

im not saying it wouldn't be difficult, but the EU could do it. one middle eastern nation against the EU, with some 25 countries, several of which are fairly powerful. id go with the EU winning that war.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 11:47

im not saying it wouldn't be difficult, but the EU could do it. one middle eastern nation against the EU, with some 25 countries, several of which are fairly powerful. id go with the EU winning that war.

It doesnt matter how much powerful can EU be against Iran, because any technology to move an EU army into the mountainous central Iran and Tehran doesnt exist. The defending nation is always more adventageous than the invaders.

Because Turkey wouldnt let the American or any other armies to use any military bases in Turkey for any attack to Iran, USA would need Iraq for that and Germany, France wouldnt accept this.

And I think Iran wouldnt be left alone in such a war against EU or USA, because it would change the power balances and some countries like Russia or China wouldt be just watching all these conflicts in Iran, which would affect their national benefits heavily.

Justice View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 17:15

America threatens the world with democracy.
THEY WILL NOT PASS
Vamun Tianshu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 22:22

"America threatens the world with democracy."

Oh please,give me a break,and get a Kit-Kat Bar along with it.

In Honor
Le Renard View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Le Renard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2005 at 14:03
"History repeats itself because nobody listened the first time."
Genghis View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Genghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2005 at 16:25

EU?  Strong as US?  Did I read that correctly?  They can't even agree on whether they want to support America invading Iraq, and their average GDP per capita and GDP growth rates across the board are much less than the United States. 

But if you want them to invade, then go for it.

Member of IAEA
Thegeneral View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Thegeneral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2005 at 17:02
The EU is not a military force that can do much of anything.  There are just too many different countries in the EU that have different ideas, militarys, governments, and people.
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2005 at 13:27
Originally posted by Zagros Purya

As long as those groups are not MEK or Royalist fascists.
MEK?? Never in my life! I rather live with Mullas than with MEKs!!

Funny, you want America to come, have thousands of its troops killed, billions of US tax dollars wasted. and then after the collapse of the Iranian governement you and your people would demand them to leave, and when they would not leave right away more "Jihads/Islamic Terrorists" would pop up, causing more unstibility in the region.
Unofrtunately, you haven't met any Iranian (yet). Iranians don't do Jihad/suicide bombing.

And Yes, Of course people want Americans out after this regime is collapsed. America "brought up" the solution, some people like it, many don't, but NOBODY wants to experience a foreign power controling the country and deciding for them. This is an obvious behavior and we could even say an Instinct, it's not about only Iranians or Muslims, but about everyone in the world. nobody wants to have a "foreigner" deciding for them. It's called National Pride.

Originally posted by magavan

OF COURSE this is better if Iranians make the revolution by themselves, But Bush will never let Iran  gets the nuclear weapons. Can you imagine if this  this fanatic government obtains this kind of weapon?  This is the same case if Hitler had the nuclear weapons.
Magavan, dear Hitler was invading the world, Mullas are invading no one. And who knows, maybe they already have it.

Edited by ramin
"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2005 at 16:07

Originally posted by ramin

Magavan, dear Hitler was invading the world, Mullas are invading no one. And who knows, maybe they already have it.

Hahaha; see ramin, nowadays everyone uses Hitler's name to accuse.

baracuda View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote baracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2005 at 19:09
Neither the US nor the EU, can not invade Iran even if they wish it. (not that EU can do anything at all apart from toss around questions.. on who and what and when)

simple reasons;

1. They all saw what happened to Irak. Iran has much more a significant military power than Irak even without nuke's, the Iranians will fight.
2. Iran although seems isolated it has allies that will make it impossible, in the event of an attack the US will completely loose any hold on the region. Why, well because after the 2nd irak'i war iran and syria wanted to sign a treaty with the turks, of course being good NATO people the turks didn't sign anything, but they did leave an open door which later led to talks with iran on a level that hasnt been done before..so in an event of an attack on Iran god knows who will end up on which side..
The american strategy will be not to enter Iran at all and to bomb the country to bits ( of course. oh sorry was that a civilian building? ) to do this it will use bases of Romania.. Ukraine maybe.. (of course russia will be so glad to let them.. as they have no choice..)
Actually I don't know but I think the old generation of good strategists just died or some monkey revolt/take over in the pentagon or something took over the strategic planning departments. Its a dangerous game, and the end is WWIII.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2005 at 05:19

Whatever happens-but Iran invasion impossible-WWIII or anything, but the trend is going with the multi-pole balance. Even, a one-pole(usa) system never existed. But if you take 10-15 years of partial leadership as an era......

There are China, India, Japan, Russia, Iran...while EU and USA are silently fighting against on N.Africa, Middle East, Eastern Europe and Eurasia and slowly now in Western Turkistan.

Even if these countries wont work out to erase the Cold Wars' remains in against-attitudes, IT IS GOING TO BE A MULTI-POLE BALANCED SYSTEM. NO WAY, VICE VERSA.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234