Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

If Iran today was still Zoroastrian religion?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
heyamigos View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote heyamigos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If Iran today was still Zoroastrian religion?
    Posted: 17-Sep-2012 at 05:55
If the Persians were still Zoroastrianist religion today, would they possibly have been just as developed as Europe?  A good proof is the Zoroastrians in China.  They have largely assimilated and disappeared into the Chinese population.  This is proof that Zoroastrianism was not a religion that was closed off to modernity or separated from others
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Sep-2012 at 10:42
I think the situation would be worse than today, of course the Persian nationalism would be certainly more powerful in Iran but by considering the current ethnic diversity of Iran, a more powerful Persian nationalism could make more problems in this country, other than it this thing could make Iran more isolated than before, however if Iranians did not convert to Islam, the situation of other countries of the region would be also different, I believe instead of Zoroastrianism, some newer Iranian religions, like Mazdakism and Manichaeism, would become popular.
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2012 at 19:13
It's more likely Persian culture would have been wiped out by Iran's Islamist neighbors. The people would be massacred and the land populated by Arabs
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2012 at 19:58
I think Iran would of been better if it had adopted Alevism rather then the current Shia belief.  Alevis are more secular and less religous.  Alevism has it's roots in Iran with the early Safavids as Sha Ismail is a important figure in Alevism. 

My family are Alevis and so are their many friends and honestly I see Alevis as the least Islamic out of all the Islamic sects.   Some even believe that Ataturk was a Alevi, but I am not sure if it is true.  I would not be surprised if he was as his beliefs seem very Alevi like.

Edited by Ince - 18-Sep-2012 at 20:02
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2012 at 19:58
Weren't the Iranians quite secular under the Shah? When the Islamists seized power they imposed their views on everyone else
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
heyamigos View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote heyamigos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2012 at 03:23
To the Arabs, all the other non-Arab Muslims are still viewed as 'ajami'?'  Persians, Turks and Pakis feel this need to outperfom Arabs in
oxydracae View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote oxydracae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2012 at 04:15
In My Opinion, if Arab armies were not successful against the Sassanids and Byzantines way back in 7th Century. Then Huge portion of Middle East and Central Asia population was following Christian Faith.
Zoroastrianism (or related faiths) would have been in majority in Southern Iran, whereas Christianity was dominating in Northern and Western Iran. 
 Post Reply Post Reply