Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why should Turrkey join the EU?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why should Turrkey join the EU?
    Posted: 28-Apr-2005 at 12:11
Originally posted by aknc

It's like a joke.People should not belive this stuff.Impossible

If the Eu demands much yes,we need not join for we will lose more that we take

Therefore it depends.

http://www.sabah.com.tr/2004/10/30/siy103.html

Have a look at this link and see if this is a joke or not. If you watched the news, you could know this. This photo is memorable in every Turk's mind. I couldnt find a bigger version of this photo, if I can, I'll post it here.

Gazi View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Gazi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2005 at 14:34

I think if we could just get our economy better (some dream) then we woulnt need to join the EU.

On Kokore ;I could easily do without eating sheeps guts.(so long as they dont bother my sucuk, pastrma or Kavurma)

Edited by Gazi
Freedom is the recognition of necessity.-Friedrich Engels
Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2005 at 15:10
I don't know about that, here in America, atleast where I'm located, it's very very hard to find a place that serves kokorec.  I've only eaten it once in my life and I loved it.  If I lived in Turkey, I'd be damned if the Europeans take away my kokorec.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2005 at 22:30
kokorec???? what is Kkorec?
Am I missing out??

Feramez View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Feramez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2005 at 23:04
It's a Turkish food.  Stuffed sheeps intestines, mmmmmmmmmm  .
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 11:24

Originally posted by eaglecap

kokorec???? what is Kkorec?
Am I missing out??

Kokorech is a Turkish food, made from the guts of sheeps, but you should eat it only when it is prepared clearly. I have eaten the most delicious kokorech in front of a small portative street restaurant (it is funny to call these even restaurants) in Kizilay, Ankara.

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-May-2005 at 14:04
kokorec sucks
"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 21:45
Kokorech is a Turkish food, made from the guts of sheeps, but you should eat it only when it is prepared clearly. I have eaten the most delicious kokorech in front of a small portative street restaurant (it is funny to call these even restaurants) in Kizilay, Ankara.

Actually the kokoretsi name derives from the Hellinic "adrachti"= spindle, that in the Arvanitic dialect (a mixture of Albanic-Slavic and Hellinic language) was named "koukouretzou". From that, we find the Slavs borrow it and name corn="koukourouza" due to its shape that is very similar to a spindle.
So today we name kokoretsi parts of lamb lungs, heart, liver, kidney all "passed" on a stake and rapped(weaved) with the lamb's guts, barbecude over a calm fire untill it's all crispy.

Damn delicious.

eaglecap you should know this stuff.
To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 04:00
 kokoretsi is pretty good. i made my bro try it this easter...he liked it a lot...i told him next year he had to try the lamb brains 
aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 09:18

Originally posted by Phallanx

Actually the kokoretsi name derives from the Hellinic "adrachti"= spindle, that in the Arvanitic dialect (a mixture of Albanic-Slavic and Hellinic language) was named "koukouretzou". From that, we find the Slavs borrow it and name corn="koukourouza" due to its shape that is very similar to a spindle.
So today we name kokoretsi parts of lamb lungs, heart, liver, kidney all "passed" on a stake and rapped(weaved) with the lamb's guts, barbecude over a calm fire untill it's all crispy.

Damn delicious.

eaglecap you should know this stuff.

do you recommend it to others?I might as well try it and not pass it saying "guts!wheh....."

"I am the scourage of god appointed to chastise you,since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity exept me.You are wicked,but I am more wicked than you,so be silent!"

tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 11:12

Hmmm we have the same, but we call it Kurban.  According to EU health services we must stop eating it. So you must expect the same! 

I prefer drob - sarma! Do you know what it is?

Everybody listen only this which understands.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 11:17

Damn delicious.

I know it as being a Slavo-Albanian originated food. The Byzanthines learned it from them and then Ottomans derived lots of other foods from it. But doesnt matter, it is damn delicious as you said...

Edited by Oguzoglu
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 11:24
Originally posted by tzar

Hmmm we have the same, but we call it Kurban.  According to EU health services we must stop eating it. So you must expect the same! 

Kurban means sacrifice in Turkish. It is mostly used for the animals sacrificed in religious ways.

Actually, we really know what sarma is. It is derived from the verb "sarmak" in Turkish with the addition of "-ma" (sar+ma= sarma) and this means something which is covered, rulo shaped etc. I love it especially with yoghurt with garlic.

aknc View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote aknc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 15:49

"-ma" (sar+ma= sarma) the addition of -"ma" makes it a name

Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 18:12

Yeah, I heard all about this BS. I think it was 2yrs ago when this joke was on the news here.

Nothing has changed, (don't worry about it) we have NO intentions of changing our traditions because some   considers "Kokoresti", "Patsas" (a soup that made of a lamb's or cow's stomach, some eat it (I don't) after a looong night out drinking) or "Moscharokefali" (soup from the meat of a cow's head same use as "Patsas")

I guess 99.9% of Hellas is considered illegal under this stupid law, since this weekend during easter every single one of us had our traditional "kokoretsi".

To the gods we mortals are all ignorant.Those old traditions from our ancestors, the ones we've had as long as time itself, no argument will ever overthrow, in spite of subtleties sharp minds invent.
tzar View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote tzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 18:50

Yes I know that "kurban" and "sarma" are turkish word, but don't what they mean. I too love sarmi /pl.n. sarma/, but drop sarma is preatty different .

Yeah, I heard all about this BS. I think it was 2yrs ago when this joke was on the news here.

Nothing has changed, (don't worry about it) we have NO intentions of changing our traditions because some   considers "Kokoresti", "Patsas" (a soup that made of a lamb's or cow's stomach, some eat it (I don't) after a looong night out drinking) or "Moscharokefali" (soup from the meat of a cow's head same use as "Patsas")

I guess 99.9% of Hellas is considered illegal under this stupid law, since this weekend during easter every single one of us had our traditional "kokoretsi".

We hear about you at the news! I think that with Bulgaria will be the same. We also won't be agreed to change our rituals and tradition because somebody decided that it's not healthy. We eat it from so long and still are alive....

Everybody listen only this which understands.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 02:28
how is it considered unhealthy???  everything is cleaned (in my experiences here in canada)  and no one i've ever known has gotten sick from that.......just the lamb because its so rich, and when you've been fasting for the 40 days, it kinda upsets the stomach (but its well worth it!!)
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 02:48
I think it was the whole "crazy cows" thing that knocked them over the head or they just consider it barbaric and disgusting. (they should know)

As if "Frog legs" or a simple "hamburger" is healtier than a 20day old lamb that has fed on nothing more than it's mama's tit....(that's why we call them "galaktos"= milky
There have been literally thousands of studies on what Mc Donalds, Wendy's and all that junk food does to you but we don't see them trying to close down the muti-million $ crap food string.

They try to attack hundreds of years of tradition in the name of "civilization".
When we were eating this stuff in the 12th cent.(to use a much later date) we knew all about civilization they didn't untill 2-300yrs ago.
A good example would be the "palace" (so they call it) of Versailles.

A question for anyone that has been there:

WHERE THE HELL ARE THE TOILETTES???
WHERE DID THE KING TAKE HIS "DUMP"?????
(I'll tell the disgusting story under request)

Edited by Phallanx
Yiannis View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Quote Yiannis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 03:04

Originally posted by Phallanx

WHERE THE HELL ARE THE TOILETTES???
WHERE DID THE KING TAKE HIS "DUMP"?????
(I'll tell the disgusting story under request)

There're aren't any! The king would stick his as* out of the window and "dump" on the garden below (that's how the roses got to grow so big

The basis of a democratic state is liberty. Aristotle, Politics

Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Phallanx View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Phallanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2005 at 03:07
There're aren't any! The king would stick his as* out of the window and "dump" on the garden below (that's how the roses got to grow so big

I heard a different story but I like yours better.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>