Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mighty Asian Navies!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
King Chulalongkorn View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote King Chulalongkorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mighty Asian Navies!
    Posted: 25-Apr-2005 at 13:51
The Mighty Navies of Asia!!

Japanese Self Defense Maritime Forces

Peoples Liberation Army Navy-CHINA

ROYAL THAI NAVY

INDIAN NAVY

Kha Wora Phutthachao Nop Phra Phumiban Bunya Direk
hansioux View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote hansioux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2005 at 18:00

I am amazed to see how fast the "stealthy" boat design is picking up in all of Asia already!!!

The leaned back angles on all the boats, minimizing right angles and curves, wow.... I thought it's a new developement, I guess Asian navy are not slow to pick up new hardware.

Begging plea of the weak can only receive disrespect, violence and oppression as bestowments. Blood and sweat of the weak can only receive insult, blame and abuse as rewards.

Lai Ho, Formosan Poet
Samurai
Samurai

Quote King Chulalongkorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 09:25
Yes, we're pretty fast in developing and utilizing western style naval designs. Personally, I really dont care for destroyer ships, my country needs to invest in another carrier. We're already a light blue navy, but another carrier would allow Thailand to have a complete deep blue water navy.

So tell us more about the Taiwanese naval fleet HanSouix.
demon View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote demon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 17:21
I didn't know the Japanese navy was limited to Cruisers...
Grrr..
Samurai
Samurai

Quote King Chulalongkorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2005 at 19:09
Yea, considering the Japanese dont have a 'navy' but have a 'Self defense maritime force'. Anything else beyond destroyers and cruizers would be of offensive factor, which Japan is forbidden to commit under her constitution.

JSDFMF may be defensive, but its quite lethal..
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 08:36
    japan dun have cruisers period.
Samurai
Samurai

Quote King Chulalongkorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 12:47

Wrong. The Japanese have a large procurment of cruizers and destroyers, which they use as the primary naval vessel in their JSDFMF arch. JSDFMF ships have excellent durability and firepower compared to PLAN's unstable fleet.

The Japanese Cruizer Katori on a diplomatic mission to Malta

Japanese cruizer Yamayuki..look at those guns

Hatsuyuki in Malta...Nice armament..

So..you said Japan doesnt have cruizers? lol. Guess you dont know anything about the navy! LOL!!

Edited by King Chulalongkorn
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 12:58
The Katori is a small training ship, not a cruiser, while the Hatsuyuki class is destroyers. Japan hasn't had any cruisers since the Second World War.

This is a cruiser, nuclear powered Peter the Great (which BTW, presumably shot down a Swedish Viggen photographing her back in 1996), about ten times the tonnage and twice the length of the Hatsuyuki.

Edited by Styrbiorn
Samurai
Samurai

Quote King Chulalongkorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 13:34

St Peter the great may have a huge tonnage and armament but without Air superiority it will be a sitting duck, as was the Japanese super battleships Yamato and the Musashi. May I remind you JSDFAF has quite the array of F-16, F-15 and F-18. LOL, you forget Japan has an American nuclear umbrella.with over 40,000 US Marines in Okinawa..you try attacking a japanese ship and watch how you will be destroyed.

Plus..remember the Tsushima straits.. Russian baltic fleet... booom LOL!

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 13:37
Err, so what?
The issue was about Japan not having any cruisers, and I showed one to compare with the destroyers you called cruisers.
Samurai
Samurai

Quote King Chulalongkorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 13:40

http://www.defencejournal.com/dec98/russian-navy.htm

After the disintegration of the Soviet Union, the Russian Navy has been reduced by half. Russia retained only 66 percent (113) of the 170 factories and enterprises directly supporting naval shipbuilding6. A prime example was the loss of the Ukraine shipbuilding yards, as a consequence of which only one aircraft carrier, the new Admiral Kuznetsov, remains in service and the navy cannot refit most of its remaining cruisers. Similarly six of the Baltic Fleet's seven ship repair yards are now inaccessible. Such is the problem that the navy now claims to retain only 34 percent of the ship repair capacity which it requires. The supply of spares has also been disrupted by the fact that many factories which were traditionally monopoly suppliers are now abroad. Further blows to the navy's infrastructure were dealt with the loss of bases and training establishments which have proved difficult or impossible to replace7. The current state of the Russian Navy and the outlook for its future development are the cause of some concern to her sailors, due to, firstly, Russia's Naval power is diminishing, the shipbuilding industry will be incapable of turning out nuclear submarines and ocean going vessels. Secondly, since 1992, the inventory of vessels has shrunk by a half and naval aviation by 60 percent; ageing of vessels and armament varies from 70 percent to 30 percent according to the type. By the 21st century a mere 10 percent of all vessels will comprise new models8.

In order to deal with this, the Russian Navy has further reduced operations and removed from operational status those ships and submarines with less than half of their planned service remaining. This has resulted in the complete elimination of several classes of ships and submarines, remaining the need for many costly overhauls, nuclear refuelling, and a reduction in the navy's manpower requirements, allowing for the elimination and consolidation of some navy formations. No part of the Navy was spared9. It remains tasked with defensive operations.

So.......LOL!!

Samurai
Samurai

Quote King Chulalongkorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 13:42

Originally posted by Styrbiorn

Err, so what?
The issue was about Japan not having any cruisers, and I showed one to compare with the destroyers you called cruisers.

And I stand corrected, but your showing of of the Peter the Great has no basis since Russia's 'Navy' is in a pragmatic state and unable to stop the rampant piracy in her shores (largest in the world). How in the name of Buddha can she even go against JSDFMF (largest and most expensive in Asia second to USA) LOL!!!

Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 13:48
What are you on? I didn't "show off" anything, I merely posted the first pic of a modern cruiser I could find to demonstrate the difference in size between a destroyer and a cruiser.

Edited by Styrbiorn
Samurai
Samurai

Quote King Chulalongkorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 13:53

Lol!! Dont get offended because I proved you wrong and revealed the flaws of the 'Russian Mighty Fleet and Navy'.

To correct you the 'St Peter the Great' has been inactive for a while due to the 'lack of funds' from Russia's defense budget.

Edited by King Chulalongkorn
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 13:58
"Prove me wrong"? What did I state that was wrong? I made three and only three statements:

1. Katori is a training vessel
2. Hatsuyuki class is destroyers
3. Peter the Great is a cruiser, and as such much larger in size than a destroyer

Now, which of these - which are all true - are you refering to?

Edited by Styrbiorn
I/eye View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote I/eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 21:40

this is funny..

i'm sure it is confusing or frustrating or both for a certain person, but for me, it's just amusing kekeke

[URL=http://imageshack.us]
I/eye View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote I/eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 22:20

while i'm here...

that's a Korean destroyer Kwanggaeto, 4000 ton KD-1

this is 5000 ton KD-2, the Moonmoo

first of KDX-3 (9000 ton) is currently being built, and Korea also has LPX (20,000 ton landing platform), KSSX (3000 ton submarine), KCVX (at least 40,000 ton carrier) planned.. LPX is in progress

Korea already has hella good marines.. LPX will make them unquestioned #2 in the world

Korean submarine force has caused stirs everytime they participated in a training war game (other Korean ships have, too, but korean subs have 'sank' American carriers).. KSSX will take it to the next level..

KCVX right now isn't a set plan, but if it did come.. now THAT would be a deep blue navy..

what the LPX will look like:

Edited by I/eye
[URL=http://imageshack.us]
TheOrcRemix View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote TheOrcRemix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2005 at 23:23

You call THAT a battleship? here is a huge example of the AMERICAN NAVY!

This is What real men use.

True peace is not the absence of tension, but the presence of justice.
Sir Francis Drake is the REAL Pirate of the Caribbean
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 12:19
lol...this is soooooo funny....we got another coolstorm with us...
babyblue View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2005 at 12:25
yeah orcremix....keep tugging...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>