Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Was the cult of Great Mother exchanged with Jesus?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 24>
Author
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Was the cult of Great Mother exchanged with Jesus?
    Posted: 14-Dec-2013 at 01:28
Perpetuated&Eternal sky matches also....Zodiac signs are part of Night Sky also.Big smile

Edited by medenaywe - 17-Dec-2013 at 08:29
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2013 at 21:00
Originally posted by medenaywe

INRI means:From the First Her,mother's connection!-in my language.It says different here:http://www.thenazareneway.com/inri_the_inscription_explained.htmand here intrigue grows up:The gospel writers were not concerned with the exact wording, but were concerned with the exact
          meaning.http://www.onenesspentecostal.com/inscription.htm

I can only say that I would translate "I.N.R.I" somewhat differently. I do not accept that IESUS was from any town called Nazareth! In fact there does exist some evidence that he was from a "sect" called the "Nazarenes" , and if so, then the inscription merely means that he was a member of this sect.

In actuality the letters could mean numerous things! No one really knows for sure.

Regards, Ron

Edited by opuslola - 14-Dec-2013 at 21:22
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2013 at 21:09
Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis

Originally posted by Nick1986

Actually INRI is the abbreviation of Jesus of Nazareth King (Rex) of the Jews. The bible itself verifies this

Correct.

Given by the Romans not Jews... as a title of respect and or derision (depends on viewpoint and interpret) at his crucifixion...as a means of identifying what they viewed as a political criminal. This in turn based on his professions and the manipulation of his words by the Elders. Not necessarily as the council id' ...as an apostate-blasphemer etc.

The leap is to far to assume he is related as a mother cult replacement or that his mother was his superior.  For one thing he was male not female consequently an identification of him as a replacement for a maternal figure is an oxymoron at best....revisionist at worst.  As for his mother... Scripture deny's this.

She is not worshipped.. she is venerated. There is a significant difference.

Yes Mary is worshipped! Are you a Roman Catholic? I think not!

So, just how do Roman Catholics say it? I think it goes like this?
"Holy" (venerated) Mary, Mother of God...." HUH? It seems to me that she was a little more than "venerated?" How can the "Mother of God" be less than a "Goddess?" Or do you usually put women in their place?

But this idea presents a conundrum! So whom was the father and mother of Mary?   Smile!

Certainly the word "God" here meant a "god like king", from an esteemed family and nothing more.

Wake up old man! Come and enjoy the fun, again?

Regards, Ron

Edited by opuslola - 14-Dec-2013 at 21:26
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2013 at 02:09
I.N.R.I=The First,Mother&Maternal,are renewed&resurrected by&with&in I.N.R.I.
The First,Mother and Maternal,resurrect&renew I.N.R.I.
NOTE:Is it clear now,Ron?!?Smile

Edited by medenaywe - 20-Dec-2013 at 11:27
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2013 at 08:18
?!?no answer!Just say:
VaISTiNuRi-i=Wrough iron presence&existence is corrected&accured&perfected&gotten innocent by&with&in beginning resurrection.
Wrough iron presence&existence corrects&accures beginning resurrection.It is Vai not Va!
NOTE:It sounds like propaganda slogan for SLAVERY,Ron!Smile

Edited by medenaywe - 24-Dec-2013 at 15:23
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2013 at 22:16
Originally posted by medenaywe

Little copy&paste from historical databases:Originally, it stood in Heliopolis. In the 1st century, Augustus had it
moved to Alexandria, dedicating it to the memory of Julius Caesar, his
stepfather. In <font>AD 37,
emperor Caligula had it taken to Rome as a decoration for the stadium
whose making was in progress by the Vatican Hill. This building became
known as the Circus of Gaius (i.e. Caligula's actual name) and Nero,
having been completed under the latter emperor.
Since no hieroglyphs are inscribed on its shaft, the dating of this obelisk is difficult.And full link about it for you here:http://roma.andreapollett.com/S3/roma-co1.htmGreat Mother cult has been replaced by Jesus since beginning as it looks and St.Mary supported it!In Americas old religious cults have been changed couple of centuries before!(They have practiced them still!)Even Pope needed Mother's blade,did he believe in Her force,we could only ask ourselves!Big smileObelisk presence was elder than Christianity,on Vatican's main Square!If it is,who was before,Goddess in charge?

Perhaps Red Clay, you should read the site above http://roma.andreapollett.com/S3/roma-co1.htm
And reply with those words in your mind?
You will see one good invented representation of St. Peter's" upon the above site.

So, I just await your response, and many thanks to the "medema...!"

Ron

Edited by opuslola - 18-Dec-2013 at 22:18
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Dec-2013 at 06:43

nadenaj(j=y)=Divine original&genuine,as Prometheus made us!Wink

Edited by medenaywe - 20-Dec-2013 at 11:46
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2014 at 16:23
let me explain what do words say:We are living in God&Goddess uterus,which is part of Her&His body.What we are seeing from inside are chests on which stars are standing.During
resting time we see one eye as a Moon.Have you opened someones eye cover till it dreamed?!?
It is white all.Yellow it could be also.You turn over your eyes till sleeping.So moon phases are eye movements in eye orbit of Mother.

Edited by medenaywe - 10-Jan-2014 at 11:05
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2014 at 13:19
Do not forget:God&Goddess never rests with both eyes closed!Wink
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2014 at 04:03
Statue was their concept of wholeness&universe!I have tought a lot about it last summer during my holiday-research travel in Kushadasi-Turkey!Statue is in Selchuk museum that was closed cause of renovation in that moment.Asta la vista...

Edited by medenaywe - 01-Feb-2014 at 00:13
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2014 at 15:25
My keen is truth from words we use today!I dare to ask about it:How did our languages origin?It comes that it was one language in the beginning!More spectacular is that we still speak the same!?
Same syllables,once words,build our words-languages today!(Phonetically speaking of course!)But
i can not solve the problem without religious comment-interpretation of religion before Christ!Smile
Regards Flux!Enjoy the ride.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2014 at 20:36
Has any one here ever explored the mountain of evidence that a lot of old Russian items were written in Arabic or a close relative?

Can any of our Arabic speaking and reading members, examine a small state just North East of Istanbul, was called at one time; "Bessarabia!"

If one reads of the fall of Constantinople to the Turks, cannot one see that it appears that, these people, or so called "Othmans/Ottomans" already controlled all of the lands to the North of Constantinople!

If you say "yes!" then your compass points at Bessarabia!

Regards, Ron
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2014 at 20:40
Moving the centuries around? Could not "paganism" really mean "Arianism?" That could even answer all of the other problems!
Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2014 at 03:57
There is the occasional mention of 'pagan' that make you wonder whether the actual religion was 'heresy' - ie a Christian belief the established Church did not condone. Arianism would fit. But this occurs in later retellings of the history - there is no evidence that I've read from contemporary sources that 'pagan' meant a form of Christianty.

For early Christian writers there were four religious stances - pagan/idol worship, Jewish, Christian and heretic. Everyone fitted into one of those groups. (When Islam arose, Christian commentators were divided as to where to place it - some called it pagan, others viewed it as a form of heretical Christianity.)
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2014 at 11:41
Originally posted by Sidney

There is the occasional mention of 'pagan' that make you wonder whether the actual religion was 'heresy' - ie a Christian belief the established Church did not condone. Arianism would fit. But this occurs in later retellings of the history - there is no evidence that I've read from contemporary sources that 'pagan' meant a form of Christianty.

For early Christian writers there were four religious stances - pagan/idol worship, Jewish, Christian and heretic. Everyone fitted into one of those groups. (When Islam arose, Christian commentators were divided as to where to place it - some called it pagan, others viewed it as a form of heretical Christianity.)

Sidney, actually you may well be looking at the problem incorrectly?

You wrote above; "For early Christian writers there were four religious stances - pagan/idol worship, Jewish, Christian and heretic."

Thus the 1st religious stance was; "pagan/idol worship."
It seems to me somewhat difficult to accept this notion when "idol" worship, which can include "Icon" worship still exists within Christianity today, thus the Western Catholics venerate human representations of saints, etc., as well as Holy Relics, clothes, bones, rings, etc.. Eastern Catholics abhor human idols, but love their precious "Icons!"

The 2nd religious stance was; "Jewish". But the so called Old Testament clearly mentions dozens of Kings, and religious figures fighting with each other over Idol worship, even from the days of Moses and the "Golden calf!" "High places" and "groves" were also alternatively reviled or praised. Religious objects were certainly venerated, statues were probably worshiped, and the great object of the early Jewish society was the veneration of or the fear of the "the Ark of the Covenant" and especially the Holy stone tablets, carried within it!!

The 3rd religious stance was then, the Christians consideration of themselves. Just which early Christian stance is to be considered? We have already seen that the two largest or most successful sects, were the Western and Eastern divisions. Arianism must also be considered, as should various other representations of Christianity such as the Ana-Baptists, etc., most all of which were also considered as Heretical.
Which is, of course, also considered the 4th religious stance. There also probably existed Bacchanalian Christian sects. especially in the West.

Of course no one can mention Islam as existing during this "early Christian" four part division, since this sect seems to have developed centuries afterward. But one thing can be said about Islam, it seems to have almost always(?) been anti to any representations of Allah/God and his followers.

Indeed these followers led by Muhammad PBUH, seem to have spent centuries destroying any and all statues, carvings, paintings, icons, etc. that they could find. These actions would be common in Western Europe during the times of Martin Luther, and later Napoleon, and even later during the French Revolution!

Interestingly the followers of Allah, did venerate a few things. These are eerily seen as "pieces of stone", and are revealed only once a year. You do remember that Moses reportedly broke into pieces the "Original Tablets of the Law of God", and had to go back and get a duplicate!! Smile So, what became of the original shards/sherds? And, in the same vein, it appears those "stones" supposedly residing in the "Ark" were reportedly captured by their enemies and kept by them until they returned them, whereby mention of them seems to have disappeared. So, just what happened to both sets of "stones?"

Just a few things for one to consider. Ron   

Edited by opuslola - 01-Mar-2014 at 11:58
Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2014 at 17:05
The four stances I gave are from a Christian perspective, more particularly post Roman Empire adoption of that religion.

Pagans/idol worshippers did not consider themselves as pagans/idol worshippers. Pagans would have viewed themselves as just plain religious, and some of who we now label pagan would include Jesus or Jehovah within their own pantheon of worship as just another god among many. However some of those 'what we now call pagans' did consider other 'what we now call pagans' as irreligious (eg Roman pagans considered worshippers of Dionysyus and the Magi as dangerous to morals). Pagans/idol worshippers only get the label, and all lumped together without distinction, by the Abrahamic religions. Some 'pagans' were recategorized to be in some way protoChristian - eg Aristotle & Virgil.

The idea of an 'heretic' couldn't exist without Christianity, but the label depended on who was in power (ie your Christian opponents were heretics). When Islam became known many Christian commentators erroneously believed that the followers of Mohammad were worshippers of Mohammad. Therefore they were idol worshippers (Mohammed the man being the idol). Other commentators, aware that Moslems believed in the God of the Jews and in Jesus, felt they were some how altering Jesus' message inorder to allow this newer prophet of God. Therefore they were heretics.

Edited by Sidney - 01-Mar-2014 at 17:13
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2014 at 18:33
Nice response Sidney, but it seems you ignored a lot of my rather long post. Is there a reason why you did so?

Regards as always, Ron
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2014 at 18:49
By the way! Regarding the title of this series of posts, I would like to expose my beliefs.

I do accept whole heartedly the idea that the "female God" preceded the male form. The whole idea of "Mother Earth" and other similar words to the same effect, concur with my beliefs.

It is certain, that before the recent invention of dNa testing and the reliable results obtained, that no MAN could ever be sure of being the father of the child that came from the womb of one of his women! Thus we read that in Crusader days, some maidens or older women, were left at home wearing "Chastity belts!", which were but a way for some men to insure the fidelity of the women left behind. LOL

But even in those relatively recent days, there were men and women breeding dogs, cattle, goats, sheep, camels, pigs, etc., for literally thousands of years, and they (most probably) were the first ones to really understand the passing on of traits, such as "red hair", long noses, black or blonde hair, small ears or large ones, etc., etc. to the prodigy of the elites especially! And it seems for hundreds of years these "breeders" actually worked upon the estates of their royal masters.

Heck, some sources actually mention the at the birthing of the first of the prodigy of a royal family, the birth was done mostly in "Public!"

Even the well known "female Pope" reportedly gave birth in public. LOL
Thus there could not be much chance for a substitution!

Well all of you should get my drift by now!

Regards,
Ron

Edited by opuslola - 01-Mar-2014 at 18:52
Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2014 at 10:53
Iconoclasm - the destruction of Christian icons and statues in certain Christian countries/denominations due to a review of those images as being idols, is a reoccuring event. 8th Century Constantinople was a notable period, as was Reformation Europe, and the English Civil War. Many Protestant based religions consider Catholicism as idolatry due to the veneration of the saints and relics of saints. Other Christian religions even reject the image of the cross or fish as a form of idolatry. I guess this boils down to perspective - my enemy worships idols; my ally venerates icons.

I think it is important to note that having a holy object is not the same as worshipping that object. The Bible is holy, but the book itself as a physical object is not worshipped. It might be respected and given special care (as the Torah is in the synagogue) but that is not worship.

As to idol worship in the Kingdoms of Judah and Israel. Idol worship was condemned in Mosaic law, and the kings who adopted it were continually encouraged to abjure and desist. Kings who came to the throne and threw down the idols were highly praised. Idol worship in Israel was blamed on Canaanite infiltration, due to political marriages or the influence of moral weakness.

As to the tablets of of the law - only the unbroken set are recorded as being in the Ark at the time of King Solomon:
I Kings 8:9 - There was nothing in the ark except the two stone tablets that Moses had placed in it at Horeb, where the Lord made a covenant with the Israelites after they came out of Egypt.

Are you suggesting that the Black Stone at Kaaba is made up of the fragments from the original stone tablets? I think if that were so it would be an important part of Islamic tradition. Is there such a link made within Muslim belief? The Qu'ran itself is silent about the original tablets being broken, and implies that Moses only put them down when he reprimanded Aaron for the Golden Calf, and then picked them up again:
Sura 7:150-154 - When Moses returned to his people, angry and disappointed, he said, "What a terrible thing you have done in my absence! Could you not wait for the commandments of your Lord?" He threw down the tablets, and took hold of his brother's head, pulling him towards himself. Aaron said, "Son of my mother, the people took advantage of my weakness, and almost killed me. Let not my enemies rejoice, and do not count me with the transgressing people." Moses said, "My Lord, forgive me and my brother, and admit us into Your mercy. Of all the merciful ones, You are the Most Merciful. Surely, those who idolized the calf have incurred wrath from their Lord, and humiliation in this life. We thus requite the innovators. As for those who committed sins, then repented thereafter and believed, your Lord is Forgiver, Most Merciful." When Moses' anger subsided, he picked up the tablets, containing guidance and mercy for those who reverence their Lord.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Mar-2014 at 17:42
Thanks Sidney for your great post! I always enjoy reading a well written and though out post.

But! If "holy objects" are not "worshipped" even within the Holy Roman Church, then why does Catholicism recognize the healing powers of Saints bones, toes, nose, ears, toenails, penis, fingers, etc. were recognized to perform miracle cures over the centuries? Especially after praying to them!!

And from what source does the Book of Muhammad say concerning the origin of their only major religious items? Just why are these stones venerated?

Regards, Ron
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 24>