Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Was the cult of Great Mother exchanged with Jesus?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 24>
Author
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Was the cult of Great Mother exchanged with Jesus?
    Posted: 05-Feb-2012 at 15:31
But Egyptians were true believers they did not insult "third commandment" and not make statues with face of Goddess!They had put blade in Her arms beneath the Earth.Look at it on this way.
Hail to thee, great God, Lord of the Two Truths. I have come unto thee, my Lord, that thou mayest bring me to see thy beauty. I know thee, I know thy name, I know the names of the 42 Gods who are with thee in this broad hall of the Two Truths . . . Behold, I am come unto thee. I have brought thee truth; I have done away with sin for thee. I have not sinned against anyone. I have not mistreated people. I have not done evil instead of righteousness . . . I have not reviled the God. I have not laid violent hands on an orphan. I have not done what the God abominates . . . I have not killed; I have not turned anyone over to a killer. I have not caused anyone’s suffering . . . I have not copulated (illicitly); I have not been unchaste. I have not increased nor diminished the measure, I have not diminished the palm; I have not encroached upon the fields. I have not added to the balance weights; I have not tempered with the plumb bob of the balance. I have not taken milk from a child’s mouth; I have not driven small cattle from their herbage… I have not stopped (the flow of) water in its seasons; I have not built a dam against flowing water. I have not quenched a fire in its time . . . I have not kept cattle away from the God’s property. I have not blocked the God at his processions. “
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2012 at 15:33
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2012 at 15:45
I agree but Egypt was multicultural&multi religious society where Goddess cult dominated!Is it OK now.Look around you,most of the countries are not secular with dominant Christian&Islam religions but others always have existed around there.

Edited by medenaywe - 06-Feb-2012 at 05:03
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2012 at 16:01
Goddess religion had no statues if we have excluded the biggest one yet,Earth itself,so artifacts do not exist as for the rest of religious cults!UnhappyBut written scripts speak about it if you carefully read them!I stress here there is one syllable for Deity with no differences about sex in my language!I have not reviled the God,
belongs to Her!

Edited by medenaywe - 05-Feb-2012 at 16:02
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2012 at 16:20
Pharaohs put their inscriptions as spells for control of Mother's will!They have tried to please Her for their people!After long period of prosperity in Egypt people had believed this and for their pharaoh built the blade buried deep in earth's surface:Pyramids,where only top of the blade would have reminded them about that ,their All Mighty Pharaoh prevented Mother's anger against them!But Minoan eruption stopped this illusion:pyramids were not enough for their safety!New Kingdom pharaohs had been buried in tombs beneath the surface of the Earth in the Valley of the Kings.

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2012 at 17:05
Try,Only Mother's part above Her body,sounds better!Smile Egyptians had met destructive force of Earth many times in their civilization as it looks here!Blade was under before Minoan eruption.Who did it before?Pillar of ash&lava&stones from Volcano looks similar with blade even if it is stylized as blade for punishment.Read
commandments above and will see they were very rightness people.
Sidney View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2012 at 18:21
Originally posted by medenaywe

What does it means Punt,Sidney?SmileLand or ancient terminology word? 

Land of Punt was country South and East of Egypt, from where frankincense was imported.
How do you interprete 'Punt', medenaywe?
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2012 at 19:34
I don't see any problem with the obelisk being a 4-dimentional blade representation. It's not a representation of the tree of life, because all representations of the tree of life have crown, even when the Mother-Goddess is represented in w shape that looks like a tree, I posted a picture that shows that. The obelisk sharpens ate the end, which is the opposite of having a crown, hence it cannot be the Tree of Life and as such representing the Mother-Goddess.

Talking of stones as the "bones of our Mother" is a typical expression of people how live in the Neolithic age, in fact this was exactly what one Nez Perce chief sad to white people who were trying to talk his tribe into agriculture :
"...You ask me to plow the ground. Shouls I take a knife and tear my mother-s bosom? You ask me to dig for stone. Shall I dig under skin for her bones..." pg. 32 "I'll Fight No More Forever - Chief Josepf and the Nez Perce War" Merril D. Beal, /1963, University of WA state/.

In Mesopotamia, obelisks were made in the Assyrian period, the earliest one on 9 cent BC, in other words, later that the obelisks in Egypt. This is the Black Obelisk, made in the time of Shalmaneser I:

And it's nothing like the Egyptian obelisks, it's more like a stela than a Egyptian obelisk, here to compare the obelisk of Senusret I:

Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2012 at 19:54
Originally posted by Sidney

What does it means Punt,Sidney?SmileLand or ancient terminology word? 

Land of Punt was country South and East of Egypt, from where frankincense was imported.

Or on the both sides of the Red Sea, Arabia and Somalia. Anyway Sumerians imported incense from Arabia in 3rd milllenium BC,  before it's use in Egypt; the oldest use in Egypt was from the 5th dynasty, 2492-2345. Frankinsence and myrrh trade was crucial for the economy of ancient Yemen in 3OOO BC.
Btw, there is a thread about Punt, and since this is a controvercial topic if any discussions where punt was and where wasn't it's better to be done in that thread than here.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2012 at 01:11
Sign of mother/mother's today looks as position of your right arm over your bodies where hearth position is.
We still use it for:I swear indeed!!Whom did they swear to?

Edited by medenaywe - 07-Feb-2012 at 01:12
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2012 at 01:25
Was the position of togas,religious mark for Ancient Greek&Roman citizens?

Edited by medenaywe - 07-Feb-2012 at 01:30
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2012 at 01:31
Roman's toga:

Edited by medenaywe - 07-Feb-2012 at 01:34
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2012 at 01:58

Sign of mother/mother's today looks as position of your right arm over your bodies where hearth position is.
We still use it for:I swear indeed!!Whom did they swear to?

This is how the salute to the flag of the US is made hand on one's heart, so I suppose this symbol sunk in the cultural memory as something important. The salute to the flag is actually pledging allegiance to the US as a nation:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag on the United States of America and the republic for which it stand - one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all" /I have to know it by heart because in many schools the kids say it every morning, in front of a flag that stays in every room/.

Anyway, the republic, or nation, or motherland - they are all modern representations of the Mother-Goddess. The country one lives in seen in many cultures, /like the Bulgarian one/ as a literal mother, and many a Bulgarian poems are dedicated to the "Mati Bolgaria" /Mother Bulgaria/. Many countries have female images as symbols for their nations.

So, I suppose the Pharaoh and his wife swore/pledged to the Mother-Goddess, just like today American kids pledge to the American-Land-in-its-female-image and sing "My country,  this of thee, sweet land of liberty..." etc. In other words, the Mother-Goddess, one's land, is a very alive image now, no matter if we realize it or not.
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2012 at 02:06
OTOH, the Mother-Goddessed themselves seem to have been represented holding their own breasts - I suppose in a jesture  of giving whoever is looking at them to drink life from them:
Elam:
http://www.mesacc.edu/dept/d10/asb/anthro2003/legacy/goddess/innana.jpg

Gobekli Tepe
http://mathildasanthropologyblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/gobekli-tepe-lady.jpg
Inanna
http://inanna.virtualave.net/BLR82.jpg

http://inanna.virtualave.net/inanna567.jpg

http://www.goddessgift.net/images/Goddess%20Ishtar-Inanna%20AT-D-86.jpg

http://academic.brooklyn.cuny.edu/classics/jvsickle/p0-ishtar.jpg

Edited by Don Quixote - 07-Feb-2012 at 02:16
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2012 at 02:20
They spoke with hands.They had used hands,short word's forms could be understood."Egyptian&Greek" in
ancient time had been spoken parallel with voices and hands!Hand's signs helps for spoken word's errors, could be detected&corrected.Big smileFirst language for deaf&dummies this was.But others also use it,their hands as support for fast speaking.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2012 at 02:24
/=Mother's as one that belongs to Her,believer!V=womb is mother Herself!But They use different hand position for it.Smile
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2012 at 02:33

/=Mother's as one that belongs to Her,believer!V=womb is mother Herself!But They use different hand position for it.Smile

You know that it just hit me - the sign "/" looks exactly like an arm when the hand is put on the heart, from the elbow up. Actually this looks like a quite convincing interpretation of how the sign may have come around and it's connection to the Mother-Goddess.

Edited by Don Quixote - 07-Feb-2012 at 02:36
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2012 at 02:52
There are no Egyptian presentations of pregnant women, AFAIK, and I doubt that this statue has anything to do with sexuality - statue of tis size and in such a place would have religious meaning, or a state-political meaning.
His hand  is folded for holding a staff, like here
http://euler.slu.edu/~bart/egyptfoto/Ramses_II_-_granite_statue.png

http://www.livius.org/a/1/egypt/ramses_iii.jpg
http://mv.vatican.va/1_CommonFiles/media/photographs/MEZ/024_MEZ_22678_go.jpg
The staff is a sign of the Mother-Goddess, Inanna had one and it was the fost thing taken from her when she crossed the first door to the Underworld, and she lost her power.
Demeter, one of the Greek aspects of mother Goddesses,  with staff
http://www.sofiaecho.com/shimg/zx500y290_1091643.jpg
Hera, another Greek mother goddess, with staff
http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/1400/1462/hera_2_md.gif
Sekhmet, the Egyptian split in two Mother-Goddess, with staff
http://www.goddessgift.net/images/sehkmet-seated-black-staff-YT-7291.jpg
Juno, the roman Hera, with a staff

Julia Maesa
denarius

Juno, queen of

Minerva, the Roman Athens, an aspect of the mother Goddess, with a staff

Septimius Severus
denarius

There are many statues of Ramses with both hands crossed, like that
http://www.africa.upenn.edu/Egypt_GIFS//ES23_Statue_12495.gif

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_jzOLtCnfZ2w/SwXcW9bawsI/AAAAAAAAA9k/S-OYa9GEOyo/s1600/Karnak+-+Jamie+with+Ramses+III.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Jr6c0T_AGmI/TlVNsl348qI/AAAAAAAABcI/OTnEuyXBFhE/s1600/Abu_Simbel%252C_Ramesses_Temple%252C_corridor_statue%252C_Egypt%252C_Oct_2004.jpg
What does that mean?

Edited by Don Quixote - 07-Feb-2012 at 03:04
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2012 at 03:42
In one hand Pharaoh carries Rattle,in other shepherd stick!With Rattle He awakes Mother to cares about land with stick He claims,He(with Mother's power????,right hand with flail is Sun!!!) is shepherd of Egypt!Shepherd's stick sign means border in my language.We use this syllable in "VeGje"(Eyebrow,it is borderer,that means the word!)MeGjeVe(Borders) also many others.Most of those will be analyze inside Origins!

Edited by medenaywe - 07-Feb-2012 at 14:52
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Feb-2012 at 03:51
In fact His Title had been given from His people is Title of respect today on Balkans and everywhere:House Keeper or Host!(Domakine=Economos?)He is the one that Nests the nest but also one that says:You nest here!(Imperative plural in my language!)Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 24>