Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Was the cult of Great Mother exchanged with Jesus?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 24>
Author
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Was the cult of Great Mother exchanged with Jesus?
    Posted: 01-Feb-2012 at 08:46
As for 7 vowels that are here written,I claim about 8th one:(b)=(') voiceless vowel when you push air trough your nose.Let us see what did Egyptian priests pray to here:(I believe it was Egyptian main official religion!)
""in Egypt the priests, when singing hymns in praise of the gods, employ the 7 vowels which they utter in due succession and the sound of these letters is so euphonious that men listen to it in place of the flute and lyre" [20]"
http://hermetic.com/pgm/self-identify.html

Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 00:23
Originally posted by medenaywe

Yes very convincing presentation of Divine features of new born God:Inside Mother's womb or cave!He is mother's child.People in my translation had called themselves mother's Don,cause of religious reasons and
they ruled Egypt during Ptolemy the Fifth(also before!).I suppose it was religious sign more than ethnicity.Ethnicity of Ptolemy's people was avatar of mine in singular,NaDeNaJVe.Their sign inside DeMoTiCo
is front slash part of this cross:SmilePlank that destroys symmetrical structure of cross.(Now days it is back slash those days was front slash,first sound every mother gives to her child making it not cries&dreams.)It is inside Cyrillic letter "I" that once sounded,The First Her!Smile

Was the plank something like that
http://sinaiticus.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/orthodox-cross1.png

This plank is inside the Slavic "И",  but the other way around; it's supposed to represent the foot brace that Jesus put his feet on, but it's kinda too long for only putting feet on it, so I'm looking at some possible other symbolic meaning to it. I was wondering form where that tradition came, and if it has something to do with the Gnostics; because Gnoctis ideas penetrated the Orthodox Christian church in what is now Bulgaria and created the alternative Christianity of the "Bogomils" /beloved of god/ , who are known in the West as the Cathars. Gnosticism started in Egypt with the "Corpus Hermeticus", AFAIK, combining different ideas, from  the Greek philosophy, Orphism, Egyptian unofficial-religious ideas. The Gnostics had retained much of the Mother-Goddess in their writings, I think I posted from "Thunder Perfect Mind" somewhere here; they saw the soul and wisdom as females, and in Bulgarian, Russian, Serbian languages those words have female gender; the Gnostic Christians considered Mary of Magdala as equal of the other apostles, and an apostle in her own right. The Bogomils/Cathars had gender equality, women were allowed to be teachers, I connect that with the Gnostic influence and the Mother-Goddess.

Bishop Hippolytus of Rome in his "Sintagma" written in 220 says that the Orphites, a group of Gnostic Christians, considered the snake as sacred, the same snake that was the symbol of Mother-Goddess, here he connects the snake directly with Eve, who was a mother-goddess:
"...Christ did not exist in the flesh (Christum autem non in substantia carnis fuisse; 2.4); that they extolled the serpent and preferred it to Christ (serpentem magnificant in tantum, ut ilium etiam ipsi Christo praeferant; 2.1); and that Christ imitated (imitor) Moses' serpent's sacred power (Num 21:6-9) saying, "And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up (John 3:14)" (Haer. 2:1). In addition, Eve is said to have believed the serpent, as if it had been God the Son (Eua quasi filio deo crediredat; 2.4). The name, Jesus, is not mentioned in the account. Epiphanius' account differs from that of Pseudo-Tertullian only in a few places. According to the former, the Ophites did not actually prefer the snake to Christ, but thought them identical (Pan. 37.1.2; 2.6; 6.5-6; 8.1).[2]..."  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophites

Those people who called themselves "mother's", do they happen to be connected with the Hermetic corpus in any way? Ptolemy V ruled 204-181, and the Hermetic Corpus was written in 1-2 century BC, the same time.

"...According to Gnostic mythology (in general) We, humanity, are existing in this realm because a member of the transcendent godhead, Sophia (Wisdom), desired to actualize her innate potential for creativity without the approval of her partner or divine consort...."http://www.iep.utm.edu/gnostic/#SH2a
Sophia, "wisdom" is another name for the Great Mother, and everyone is her son, hence Gnostics could be calking themselves "mother's people".
Btw, in Orthodox Christianity there is a female saint, Sophia, who is sometimes represented by herself, and somethins with her daughers Viara, Nadejda a Lubov - Faith, Hope and Love respectively.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/Ikona_SofiyaPremBozhiyaGRM.jpg
This is an orthodox icon of the Virgin Mary, but she is called "Sofia" /not Mary/, even though she has the baby Jesus with her; and the first 3 steps leading to her have written on them "Viara, Nadejda, Lubov" - Faith, Hope, Love respectively. So, for me this is the Great Mother, through her Gnostic image as Sofia, turning herself into the Virgin Mary.

This is another Gnostic Sofia, I have no idea from what time, I suppose German Hermetism - anyway she is carrying the blade of the Mother-Goddess, and it looks exactly like the face of an Egyptian obelisc.

The Gnostic Sophia gave birth to the Demiurge, who rules the word; the Freemasons call him "The Great Architect", since the Masons are a development of the Gnostics. So, Sophia is the Great Mother.

Here is the Gnostic Sophia on the Tree of Life - the tree of life being Mother-Goddess symbol
http://biblequestion.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/1-sophia-tree-gnostic.jpg

Those 2 pictures are from a medieval Troubadour lore - notice the woman among animals and trees /Great Mother Goddess who-created-wild-animals, trees as the trees on life/ the banner has the same line diagonal line like the Crthodox cross.

http://www.artship.org/images/inquiry/research/transmigration/image032.jpg
On this picture the woman is holding the horn of the unicorn with one hand, /just like the blade of the German Gnostic Sophia/, and with the other the post of the banner - so, she has 2 blades of the Great Mother. Also the lying down lion and the unicorn both have the same diagonal stripe on them like the banner and the Orthodox cross. All those stripes also look like snakes.

Tapestry of a maiden and a unicorn
So, for me, this is another Great Mother - with the trees of life, animals, snake-stripe-plank, and blade.

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 00:50
It is inside "sinove"/sinve(this is start form i believe!) that we use today for sons.N between si and ve.
Yes Don plank was once with opposite inclination as front slash,/,that's their sign!
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 01:18
Is it possible the plank/sound/inside the Slavic "I", that means "The First Her" to have come as a symbol for the Mother Goddess and to have the same meaning on the Orthodox cross and the above last 2 picture,  turned around?
This would make sense why it ended up on the Orthodox cross - since the cross is the Tree on Life, and the Tree of Life is the Sign of the Mother Goddess, then you have two Great Mother symbols at once - the tree and the slash.
Considering that Jesus was born from a woman, who became a manifestation of the Mother Goddess, and died on a cross that is the Tree of Life and a symbol for the same Mother Goddess, then he was born and died in the hands of the same Mother Goddess who is responsible for both life and death. Jesus being hugged by the Virgin Mary and crucified on the hands of the cross is the same symbology - the same like the jar of Inanna; he came to life and died in the hands of the Mother Goddess.

This is Inanna with the king of Nippur. There is a tree besides her and her outline shape is like one of a tree. And there is diagonal stick in her hand, like the plank on the orthodox cross.

Isis in a form of a tree, with the Pharaoh Tuthmoses sucking from her, I suppose in order to become officially her child and be accepted in the "sacred space".

Eve, the Mother Goddess, holding herself on the tree like being a part of it, giving the apple to Adam, with the snake above in the tree; animals are around since she is mother0nature who created them and takes care of them

The gob Geb being fed by the Lord of Food, who is a snake. In Egyptian mythology the primordial state of the world was  Amduat, a snake from which the sun and everything else came; so the snake as one that is pregnant with, therefore gives, whether physical life, which is impossible without food, or wisdom - spiritual life, food for the spirit is a very fitting companion.symbol for Mother-Goddess.

Christ hanging on the hands on the cross-tree, the symbol of the Great Mother Goddess - Crucifixion by Fra Angelico

In this Crucifixion of St. Andrew by Carlo Braccesco St. Andrew is crucified directly onto a tree, confirming that the symbol of a  cross is nothing but a tree, the tree of life.

Ecclesia, Church, potrayed as Mother-Goddess - she has staff-blade in her right hand, and water in streams coming out of her to those who are thirsty; so she is Sophia too, life-giving wisdom.

medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 01:30
/,sign more than obvious,symbolize mother's embrace for his child!She embraces us all,our mother.SmileAs for
Her blade,I believe obelisks and pyramids(top of the obelisk buried deep under ground),had been symbols of Goddess.Her hands are beneath the ground but peak of the blade rises above and reminds us about her power.
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 02:36

It is inside "sinove"/sinve(this is start form i believe!) that we use today for sons.N between si and ve.
Yes Don plank was once with opposite inclination as front slash,/,that's their sign!

In Bulgarian "sin" is "son", with "sinove" as the plural. And "V" is the sign for the Great Feminine /Mother-Goddess again/, "V" also is embroidered on the left side of the sacred Mormon underwear /don't laugh hereDead/, the Mormons are a branch of the Gnostics, since they came from the Freemasons, Joseph Smith was a Freemason and incorporated many Gnostic ideas in the LDC church.

"V" was documented in the Upper Danube script, from the Upper Paleolithic  http://www.prehistory.it/ftp/inventory/danube_script/danube_script_01.htm  /this link doesn't allow me to copy/. "V" was the most common sign of figurines, spindle whorles, pottery; Gumbitas connects it with the "Bird Goddess", which is, I suppose, an aspect of the Great Mother. It's a very ancient sign anyway. In the Chauvet cave:
"... The decoration of the overhang includes a depiction of a “Venus” figure.  In short, a Venus figure was that of a woman, and the depiction of her pubic region by the portrayal of a triangle or the letter “V” was used.  Near the Venus exists a mammoth and two felines.  Above the Venus figure was the composite of a man-bison, or “Sorcerer.” It is believed that the Venus was not only the earliest painting.  As an interesting observation, the other figures near her were never superimposed.  ..." http://www.students.sbc.edu/ogborn03/prehistoricart.htm

So, the Great Mother was on the ceiling, like overwatching everything, with animals around her, because she had created them , and she was 'commanding" the other figures, that's why they weren't superimposed.   There are quite a few "V" on figurines in this book  http://books.google.com/books?id=7DfI39EDbMcC&pg=PA6&lpg=PA6&dq=prehistory+figurines+with+the+V+sign&source=bl&ots=D34ERpOuAZ&sig=y7KIrS1Ra4w3paR8Hr5PQam8hJo&hl=en&sa=X&ei=XjwqT9fjEfLXiQLd2eifCg&ved=0CC4Q6AEwAzgK#v=onepage&q=prehistory%20figurines%20with%20the%20V%20sign&f=false

Anyway, "V" is made by 2  "/" that meet each other; if "/" is "mother's hands", then  "V" that is made from 2 such would be really Great Feminine/Mother, it makes sense.

Where the guys with the "/" sign Gnostics by any chance? or maybe the Gnostics started from them? What were they called, if it's not a secret?

Edited by Don Quixote - 02-Feb-2012 at 02:39
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 02:39
They were founders of Egyptian civilization Don,they are our ancestors.Smile
They call themselves NaDeNaJVe,it sounds as Danayans from Iliad and Odyssey.Our ancestors were actors of Troy.Someone have really distorted history.
will repeat again my avatar meaning:NaDeNaJVe=(You/He/she/it) offer/s from Deity perfect,that's more than Ten Commandments Don,much more.

Edited by medenaywe - 02-Feb-2012 at 02:47
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 02:47
You mean that the guys with "/" founded the Egyptian civilization and kept as some kind of religious brotherhood for like 3000 years till the time of Ptolemy V? Were they  priests, or Pharaohs? Did they write "Corpus Hermeticum"?
Do you mean that Trojans founded the Egyptian civilization?
I admit, this sounds very interesting.
"...(The "Danaói" of the Iliad, on the other hand, must be identical with the inhabitants of "Danaya," a northern kingdom described in Egyptian documents of the fourteenth century B.C.)..."
http://www.archaeology.org/0405/etc/troy2.html

I didn't know the 14 century BC Egyptians documented Troy. But if Trojans made it to Egypt with other ideas, like Orphism, this can explain why Corpus Hermeticum has such unexpected for Egypt ideas in it, like metempsychosis.

Edited by Don Quixote - 02-Feb-2012 at 03:14
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 03:13
You tel me Don,their name sounds me like it.I have only sounds on stone that sounds similar with this name only?!?!?In every from 32 lines this name is written as ethnic mark(also religious concept!) and / as religious mark!
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 03:20

You tel me Don,their name sounds me like it.I have only sounds on stone that sounds similar with this name only?!?!?In every from 32 lines this name is written as ethnic mark(also religious concept!) and / as religious mark!

I have to admit, it sounds like that. What is the document you are working with, if it's not a secret?
This is very interesting, I have to start researching for more info tomorrow, now I have to go to bed, passing midnight hereSleepy. Good night, worldSmile
Why did the last posts all of a sudden go on the first pageConfused? Is this some fluke of my laptop?
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 03:21
Rosetta stone Demotic texts.I just want to say post mortem to Champollion this words in my book:
"The Truth is in the  middle always"LOL.
This The Stone:
http://www.freemaninstitute.com/rosettastone.htm

Edited by medenaywe - 02-Feb-2012 at 03:28
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 05:59
/=N,sounds as,every mother sounds to her baby,making it calms&dreams!NNNN...NNNN...Nn..Big smile

Edited by medenaywe - 02-Feb-2012 at 12:29
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 08:27
Check my topics about Rome&Byzantine Empires.Truth has to be near it.Aliens were other possible solution
of course!Wink
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 08:56
"(The "Danaói" of the Iliad, on the other hand, must be identical with the inhabitants of "Danaya," a northern kingdom described in Egyptian documents of the fourteenth century B.C.)..."
Yes they call themselves Danyans,from Misir's Uppers/Heavens/Skies!Big smile

Edited by medenaywe - 03-Feb-2012 at 15:34
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2012 at 22:35

Rosetta stone Demotic texts.I just want to say post mortem to Champollion this words in my book:
"The Truth is in the  middle always"LOL.
This The Stone:
http://www.freemaninstitute.com/rosettastone.htm

You know, I'm learning a little ancient Greek, it's not much, but with a dictionary and a grammar I can fight a translation, so if I find a picture of the Greek text I can work on it and later compare with your translation from Demotic, and see if I'm getting the Danayans there. You interested in that? I won't want any place in your bookSmile, I just got interested in the subject, because Greeks/Trojans getting to Egypt may explain the Orphic metempsychosis in the Hermetic Corpus, something I'm currently working on.

Edited by Don Quixote - 02-Feb-2012 at 22:39
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2012 at 00:11
The Egyptian goddesses Hathor - love, joy, motherhood and music
File:Hathor.svg
And Sekhmet - the terrible warrior-Goddess who created the desert with her fiery breath - are actually the 2 sides of the Great Mother Goddess Hathor in her benevolent and Sekhmet in her terrible aspect. They presented in the same way -  the same sun-disk with a snake and teh same staff/blade in one hand, the same cross-looking amulet in the other hand.
File:Sekhmet.svg
Hathor
http://www.orderwhitemoon.org/goddess/Hathor/Hathor_45.jpg

Virgin Mary - the sun-disk is still here, under another name

Virgin Mary from Seville - the sun-disk is still there

Hathor with Horus

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/33/Isis-Hathor_giving_milk_to_horus-MBA_Lyon_H1398-IMG_0175-white.jpg
Mary and baby Jesus
Virgin Mary With Baby Jesus

Hathor with Horus and the sun-dick
http://www.valeriebarrow.com/images/isis-horus.jpg
Virgin Mary with Jesus - the sun-disk is there and the same body position like the statue of Hathor

Hathor, little Horus and the father of Horus

http://www.crystalinks.com/osirishorusisis.jpg

Mary, Jesus and Joseph - look at the staff on the hands of Joseph, the same like the staff of the father of Horus
http://www.freefoto.com/images/90/04/90_04_50---Nativity-Scene_web.jpg
In fact, the sages here have a hairdress-thing adn staff like the father of Horus
http://cache2.artprintimages.com/p/LRG/37/3776/Q3GIF00Z/art-print/jon-mcnaughton-nativity.jpg

Hathor was identified with Inanna, she is the Mother-Goddess /with Sekhmet being her terrible aspect/, and her iconography with the sun-disc was accepted in the Virgin Mary with halo. So, the halo behind the head of the Virgin is the sun-disk of the Egyptian Mother-Goddess - which makes sense because the Virgin is the mother-Goddess.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2012 at 01:15
What did baptism look like in Mother Earth time?What does it use Christian church today during this holly ritual?Water!Jordan tells us about it:From temple sprout accepts(agrees) mother/s!New member of this ancient cult had entered water and could be baptized.
P.S.Don Demotic is syllabic language so we use same syllables now in our words.That's my work in Origins of languages.As for Phoenician text on stone you will help me!(Greek alphabet text)But first I need photo of that. 
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2012 at 01:26
Thanks, medenaywe!Smile
I found a picture of the stone with the text frontally, and I can make a copy, then with a magnifying glass I can see the letters and write them on a piece of paper. The hard part would be how the break the text in words, because the Greeks wrote with capitale letters, and no distance between the words, no comas, so I suppose more than one way of breaking them is possible, and hence different people can see different words in it.
 That's why i need 1:1 good photo of text!I separate sentences by logic now.But there are "dots" on stone i believe cause Demotic insists on logic first.Bat Creek script shows me very ingenious solution for dot without
a sign.Big smileWill show you example:Don reads GreekHe needs no vocabulary for itHe just need  good photo of script.Capishe?

Edited by medenaywe - 03-Feb-2012 at 02:33
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2012 at 02:05
This is the temple of Great Mother as it says "From origin nest"=Water!Ok Don!Let you work your job now.

Edited by medenaywe - 03-Feb-2012 at 02:06
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2012 at 03:25
The first baptism with water, AFAIK, was the one on the celebration of the Thracian Great Mother Cotys - those baptised were called "baptai". But I wrote so much on Cotys on the thread about her, and on the Origin of Language thread just now, that I kinda ran out of relevant material for another post here on her.Cry
The Thracian treasures abound with different in size and beautiful golden and silver vessels, I suppose some of them may have been used in baptism of initiates to Cotys
http://images.ibox.bg/2007/02/10/rogozen/430x355.gif

http://tihonart.com/wp-content/gallery/phiale-with-scene-from-jug-rhyton/dsci0158.jpg

I'll start working on the text, bro, and I'm going to inform you when I come up with something.Smile

Edited by Don Quixote - 03-Feb-2012 at 03:26
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 24>