Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Was the cult of Great Mother exchanged with Jesus?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 24>
Author
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Was the cult of Great Mother exchanged with Jesus?
    Posted: 27-Jan-2012 at 01:41
[/QUOTE]
 I am trying to be objective about this subject and will ask:When&Why did they put mother's(blade) obelisk in front of St.Peter's Basilica than Cyrus?(It was there in 1630,it has been there from the beginning!)
http://www.sacred-destinations.com/italy/rome-st-peters-basilica-photos/slides/1630-painting-by-viviano-codazzi
Pope needed Mother's help as it looks?!?
[/QUOTE]
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

But I though the Egyptian obelisks were phallic symbols  http://www.jwu.edu/uploadedFiles/Documents/Academics/JWUHonPaperTheObeliskDNV.pdf connected with the "sacred autoerotism" cult of Amun /who created everything through such an act/, and the said obelisk came from Egypt:
"...In the center of the square is a 25.5-meter-tall obelisk, which dates from 13th-century BC Egypt and was brought to Rome in the 1st century to stand in Nero's Circus some 275 yards away...."
http://www.sacred-destinations.com/italy/rome-st-peters-basilica

The Romans called them "Cleopatra's needles" because they had no idea what was done in the temple of Amun in Karnak  here is a video about it, http://www.sexualecstasy.org/  and just as a warning, one has to be over 18 to see it, but it's a historical movie, ignore the name of the cite.  The video is on the first page, "Karnak-Hidden History", a BBC production.

Anyway, the obelisks are not  female symbols, at least not  in the way they were seen in Egypt. If the way they were seen later changed, I'm not aware of such change, and would welcome some info about it, thanks in advance.

Edited by Don Quixote - 27-Jan-2012 at 01:45
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2012 at 01:56
Romans knew what  they were:needles or blades!Only Mother Goddess had Blade in Her arm!Control of Mother's arm was very powerful idea for Egyptian pharaohs as it looks.It was for Rome also.Smile
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2012 at 02:19
Originally posted by medenaywe

Romans knew what  they were:needles or blades!Only Mother Goddess had Blade in Her arm!Control of Mother's arm was very powerful idea for Egyptian pharaohs as it looks.It was for Rome also.Smile

Well, I actually like that version betterSmile, being a Mother-Goddess fan; but all the sources I read on that give the obelisk as a phallic symbol for the Egyptians.
It's possible that the Romans changed their meaning, interpreting them as needles/blades; but was Isis ever portrayed with blades?
If the blade meaning is accepted, then it would play in my corner of cultural stereotypes and the Virgin being a Mother Goddess; hence the blades becoming a tool conjuring the power of the Great Mother/Virgin Mary for the uses and needs of the Pope and the princes of the church.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2012 at 02:27
I am a source!Take this as preparation for a book&documentary here!Let us make it objective!No religion No nationalities inside,just a truth about roots of ours!Smile
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2012 at 02:37

I am a source!Take this as preparation for a book&documentary here!Let us make it objective!No religion No nationalities inside,just a truth about roots of ours!Smile

You seriously are writing a book, medenaywe? That's interesting, when it comes out how can we get a copy of it?
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2012 at 03:01
You will receive a copy with subscription:Devoted to Don!Thumbs UpObjectivity and scientific approach are objectives,I am stretching for!And believe me sources about it,have been systematically destroyed for 20 and more centuries after.I have 32 lines of text,our languages as they are today/were in near past and a lot of refurbished history all around!Therefore all it looks as puzzle's draw rebus in which I have to reconstruct parts that are missing!
P.S.
I want to send this man book also cause he has wished me good luck after I asked  him for 1:1 photo  replica of stone without sending me nothing($ were not questioned here),Smilecause i solved inscriptions with "telepathy".
http://www.freemaninstitute.com/rosettastone.htm

Edited by medenaywe - 01-Feb-2012 at 02:39
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2012 at 03:22

You will receive with subscription:Devoted to Don!Thumbs UpObjectivity and scientific approach are objectives,I am stretching for!And believe me sources about it,have been systematically destroyed for 20 and more centuries after.I have 32 rows of text,our languages as they are today/were in near past,a lot of refurbished history all around!Therefore all it looks as puzzle's draw rebus in which I have to reconstruct parts that are missing!
P.S.
I want to send this man book also cause he has wished me good luck after I asked  him for 1:1 photo  replica of stone without sending me nothing($ were not questioned here),Smilecause i solved inscriptions with "telepathy".
http://www.freemaninstitute.com/rosettastone.htm

It sure sounds interesting. Well, when you publish, tell us how we can subscribe for the book. With an autograph, of courseSmile, as you promise here, I'll hold you to that promiseSmile. I wish you luck tooSmile.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2012 at 05:15
"One interesting thing, however, is that Judaism, though it is more ancient that Christianity, lacks a possible mother goddess figure.  Though there are isolated references to Yahweh "and consort" , there references are few and far between."Whom do they pray to,people?"=end of citation!
Has been ever biggest statue than mother's body itself?Was this biggest argument for religious wars between two main religions?ShockedHow did you pray a pray:with all fours on earth whispering or standing but touching wall&icon&cross&whispering as connection with Mother Earth's body?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FXE2brxtg8
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/galleries/salah/

Edited by medenaywe - 27-Jan-2012 at 08:39
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2012 at 05:27
I will forget:Both of them are whisperers of Mother,they whisper in Her ear!People that were once one nation now are killing among themselves,such a parody of history at work!

Edited by medenaywe - 29-Jan-2012 at 08:23
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2012 at 13:13

"One interesting thing, however, is that Judaism, though it is more ancient that Christianity, lacks a possible mother goddess figure.  Though there are isolated references to Yahweh "and consort" , there references are few and far between."Whom do they pray to,people?"=end of citation!
Has been ever biggest statue than mother's body itself?Was this biggest argument for religious wars between two main religions?ShockedHow did you pray a pray:with all fours on earth whispering or standing but touching wall&icon&cross&whispering as connection with Mother Earth's body?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FXE2brxtg8
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/galleries/salah/

That's an interesting angle - prayer as whispering to Mother Earth's ear. My Ancient History university professor, the great Tracologist Alexander Fol in one lecture defined dancing, as part of a religious ritual, in a trance, as "awakening the Great Mother-the Earth because she is in, and have to be called out", tramping on the earth so she can hear it /I cite by a memory from more than a 10 years ago, I remember the lecture was about Catal Huyuk/.

As for wall/icon/cross - OK, wall and cross are both grounded in the ground, with a push of imagination one can see them as a connecting medium; but any icon is the very image of whoever one is praying to, so if the icon represents Jesus, thus the same cannot be connection with Earth, but a connection to Jesus; if the icon is a female, no matter if the Virgin's or any female saint /the last as only Christianized projections of the Great mother Goddess/.

In the Genesis though whoever was praying were prostrated on the ground, and such way of praying was sometimes done in medieval time, if I remember right from some descriptions.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2012 at 13:21
INRI=Jesus!From First Her Mother's,connection.Christian religion offers part of Mother's body on Earth!INRI
is a offer!Take Jesus,mother's child,he is the God also,cause He has divine origin&blood,he is continuity of
your old Goddess,her connection on Earth's surface!
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2012 at 14:03

INRI=Jesus!From First Her Mother's,connection.Christian religion offers part of Mother's body on Earth!INRI
is a offer!Take Jesus,mother's child,he is the God also,cause He has divine origin&blood,he is continuity of
your old Goddess,her connection on Earth's surface!

What is IHRI?
Well, if we accept that Mother-Earth/Inanna/Isis/Virgin Mary are one, and Dumuzi/Osiris/Jesus are on, then yes, Jesus is life and the continuity of the Mother Earth. There is quite of resisitance to this idea though, I've been promoting it in the last months on another history forum and too many Christians get irate at me, feeling like I try to make Christianity connected with paganism, and devaluate it in this way; when in truth what can be more sacred that what was worshiped around in different places since the Paleolithic? I've been studying variety of religions and mythologies, and have the feeling that all they all can be reduced, /like fractions are reduced/, to a simple Nature/Life formula; since the Mother Goddess, is ultimately Mother Earth-nature, who is life-giving.

Anyway, another angle can be out on that - Jesus as the connection between mankind and Mother Earth, /which doesn't take any of his attributes, in fact adds more/, then taking the sacrament can be seen as renewing this connection on weekly, or whatever time of period, basis.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2012 at 14:15
It is INRI.Your conclusion seems similar with those that have forged History:No other opinion than official
exists!Pretend as it is only universal truth.According your post above I know now why language had been
lost it's logic:Useless words have to cover logic in sentence&words!Have a nice time Don.

Edited by medenaywe - 27-Jan-2012 at 14:16
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2012 at 14:45
Agree,I am talking about INRI script,as oldest with real meaning for me.Origin is object of this topic not believer's faith!Who do can talk about personal believer's faith!In the same time,Mother Goddess,connects all religions on Earth today.This topic speaks about our connections with first biggest known religion in world.If it is true we can talk about those that had separated people in many religions and their motivations for it.

Edited by medenaywe - 10-Feb-2012 at 04:19
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2012 at 15:47
Originally posted by Don Quixote

Judaism doesn't have a mother figure, that's right. I suspect that the reason for that is the Jewish society was so strictly patriarchal, and they needed very strong discipline in order to survive as a small desert tribe; this combined with strict monotheism didn't allow for mother figure.  We can only try to search for possible reasons why one religion develops one kind of idea, and another doesn't.
I think you have some very good possible reasons. A small, homogenous society that is often under pressure such as tribal and then ancient Israel is going to allow alot less religous experimentation than larger, more heterogenous societies.  Likewise, the orders of religous leaders ("Hey, no more mother goddess talk") are far more likely to actually be enforced in small, compact societies than in larger ones. 
Originally posted by Don Quixote

"...For I am the first and the last.
I am the honored one and the scorned one.
I am the whore and the holy one.
I am the wife and the virgin.
I am <the mother> and the daughter.
Thanks for posting this.  The imagery is quite beautiful, sort  of a feminine Alpha and Omega or I Am Who Am

Edited by Cryptic - 28-Jan-2012 at 09:45
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2012 at 16:01
"Small tribe"?They were part of Ancient Egyptian civilization Cyrus!Rome had created image of small tribe as it looks now but language they have used from the beginning reveals me that "Arabs"&"Jews"&"Slavs" have belonged all inside Egyptian civilization.They have shared same syllabic language with same meaning of syllables and rules.Is this not enough?!?My statement does not deny other people existence there at all!Even some Persian words meaning could be translated using those rules&syllables!Turks also!I suppose that Mother Earth religion was most accepted among them those days.Religions that have followed it show us it with their similarities.

Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2012 at 16:22

I will forget:Both of them are whisperers of Mother,they whisper in Her ear!
I disagree, the Moslem prayer posture is probably more the position of aman before his king rather than earth centered.  Like wise, the Wailing Wall is a portion of a Temple built to honor a God associated with the sky, not the earth.

"Small tribe"?They were part of Ancient Egyptian civilization Cyrus!Rome had created image of small tribe as it looks now but language they have used from the beginning reveals me that "Arabs"&"Jews"&"Slavs" have belonged all inside Egyptian civilization.
I think it is fair to describe Israel as a small tribe and then a relatively small nation.  Whether in Egypt or Persia, they existed as a distinct people and even after population growth and incorperating surviving Caanites into Israel, they were a relatively small nation.  

Edited by Cryptic - 27-Jan-2012 at 16:25
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2012 at 16:41
Maybe not now but their predecessors(or their priests?) did it on their pray on knees!Priests were whispers of Mother Earth and today in place I live, sorceresses make their spells this way,whispering!But the Statue is in front of them both as it looks!Rome spent tremendous efforts to put them on feet.
medenaywe View Drop Down
AE Moderator
AE Moderator
Master of Meanings

Quote medenaywe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2012 at 03:21
As it turns out, the Virgin Mary is, like Jesus Christ, a mythical character, founded upon older goddesses. Following on the heels of goddesses such as Aphrodite, Astarte, Cybele, Demeter, Hathor, Inanna, Ishtar and Isis, Mary is "both virgin and mother, and, like many of them, she gives birth to a half-human, half-divine child, who dies and is reborn."
http://www.truthbeknown.com/mary.html
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2012 at 09:19

As it turns out, the Virgin Mary is, like Jesus Christ, a mythical character, founded upon older goddesses. Following on the heels of goddesses such as Aphrodite, Astarte, Cybele, Demeter, Hathor, Inanna, Ishtar and Isis, Mary is "both virgin and mother, and, like many of them, she gives birth to a half-human, half-divine child, who dies and is reborn."
http://www.truthbeknown.com/mary.html

Nonsense...3.4 billion Abrahamic faith followers reject this utterly. In fact this is the typical response of the atheists or revisionist attempting links with earlier paganistic or other ethnic-socio mythologies-theologies.

Scriptures (best available source) provide us with her existence in the genealogies Id there or in the apocryphal James..take your pick. She can legitimately claim an affiliation with both the House of Levi and David.
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 24>