Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Land of Punt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Land of Punt
    Posted: 24-Jul-2012 at 19:08
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2012 at 13:02
Insufficient.  Clapp remains a known and verifiable and for that matter acknowledged film maker and writer. He is not however a historian nor is he a professionally trained anthropologist or archaeologist. Consequently coming from the man who searched for Ubar...this remains more speculation not history. And his efforts at Ubar's location have been rejected and dismissed with prejudice by numerous well known scholars and Sme's all pointing out numerous errors and misinterpretations if not deliberate artistic obsfucation-misrepresentations on his part to support his premise and to sell books and travelog films..

but it is of course excellent fodder for book publishers and Hollywood who wish to bilk the public in their ongoing ignorance.

I give him great kudos for his spirit and performance of capitalistic endeavours...nothing more.

Did I mention that red heifer?

Edited by Centrix Vigilis - 25-Jul-2012 at 13:12
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2012 at 19:23
Before adopting Solomon's Abrahamic monotheism the Queen of Sheba and her people worshipped the sun. Could they have been descended from Aten worshippers forced to flee to Ethiopia?
Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jul-2012 at 19:35
She might have even been Nefertiti herself. I doubt she would have stayed in Egypt after her husband's death
http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Contrad/External/sheba.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123