Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

were central asians caucasians??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Kanas_Krumesis View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kanas_Krumesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: were central asians caucasians??
    Posted: 26-Dec-2010 at 11:25

Altar, I respect your opinion but the truth is different. If you ask these people what is their nationality, they will answer: "Turk!" and will never say "Bulgarians!". To say "Bulgarians" would be shameful for them, because according old Ottoman ideology Bulgarians are the second hand humans (Gyaur). Their mother tongue is Turkish, they are Muslims and they feel pride of the Ottoman past. They vote massively for the Turkish ethnic party in Bulgaria and many of them have dual Turkish citizenship. Stay on you to tell whether they are Turks.

sicilia View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote sicilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2010 at 11:35
Originally posted by Kanas_Krumesis

sicilia, thank you for your constructive attendance. I've been several times in Spain and once in Italy and can make clear delimitation between people from this country and North African immigrants who live there for example. I am surprised that you as a Sicilian have a such position. As I personally know, to call someone "Moor" in Sicily is one of the biggest insult. There is a huge difference between the appearance of people who live on both sides of the Straits of Gibraltar. People from North Africa and Arab Middle East have a dark to brown skin, mainly wooly hair, peculiar face type and clear Sub-Saharan admixture.
This video is from Malaga, Spain on north.

and this is from Casablanca. Morocco on south

When I was comparing Mediterranean europeans with Mediterranean north Africans, I was talking about the unmixed white/caucasian north Africans.

The majority of the north African immigrants in europe are mixed caucasian and negroid or as we say "mulatos"

Yes I agree the mulatos look very different from the Mediterranean europeans because they have negroid features mixed with caucasian but not all north Africans are mulatos and many are unmixed caucasians that don't have any negroid features.

when I say Mediterranean europeans and north Africans look the same, I am not referring to the mulatos but the unmixed caucasians.

The north Africans were originally all caucasians, a semitic speaking group called Berbers. The Berbers had many black slaves and took many black women as concubines, as a result we see today that many north Africans are mulatos. These north african mulatos are all arabized and will usually identify themselves as Arabs even though they are not.

North African mulatos are a mix of Berber and negroid but they identify as Arabs because they speak Arabic and are all arabized but they actually hardly have any Arab admixture in them at all.

There are still unmixed Berbers in north Africa, they look no different from Mediterranean europeans and many of the Berbers up in the mountains look just like Nordics.

I have seen Moroccan and Algerian women with blond hair and blue eyes and pale skin that looked no different from Nordic women and can easily fool any Nordic. 

The queen of morocco is unmixed Berber and she is very white and a red head, she looks no different from Irish women.

Its true that many Europeans will take it as an insult if you say they look like north Africans because the only north Africans that come to europe are the mulatos.

most Europeans have the image that north Africa = mulatos but many Europeans don't know that not all north Africans are mulatos and many are unmixed Caucasians. The unmixed caucasian north Africans are not the ones that immigrate to europe so europeans never know they exist but they do.

sicilia View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote sicilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2010 at 12:04

This is a response to kasa kremisis regarding the pictures of the Bulgarian women. for some reason my post didn't quote your post which I tried to do.

I was talking more about facial structure, I wasn't talking about light features like blond hair and blue eyes. 

for example there are people from the Mediterranean that can have light features like blond hair and blue eyes but I can tell the difference from light featured Mediterraneans from light featured Nordics, they might have the same light features but there facial structure looks different. 

many people from Finland,Sweden etc have a different face compared to people from the Mediterranean, it doesn't matter if they have the same light features.

I have seen many Bulgarians and many have light features like blond hair and blue eyes but there facial structure looks different compared to Nordics.

some Nordics have a slight mongoloid look to them.

In many cases I can be wrong, but its just an observation that I noticed. 

I just want to make clear I wasn't talking about light features like blond hair and blue eyes when i said some Nordics look different, i was talking about facial structure.

same with Indians and Pakistanis I wasn't talking about their dark skin but more so their facial features.

for example many Pakistanis and Indians are very light but i can still tell them apart from other Caucasians.

This is just something that I noticed myself, my own observations, so I could be totally wrong in many cases.

Edited by sicilia - 26-Dec-2010 at 12:12
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2010 at 18:28
Originally posted by Cryptic

In the end, Meditteranean peoples (all caucasoids) have a very complex  ancestory and vary widely in physical appereance, even with in the same group. 

Asa side note, this thread is experiencing the same difficulies as the thread attempting to identify whether or not  Indians and Paksitanis have the largely the same physcial features Then factor in accusations from the Pakistan - India thread  that sample  photos can be  "cherry picked" to support  particular conclusions. Or the terms resemble "some" or "many" stretched to support particular conclusions  http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5269&PN=7

Originally posted by sicilia

I disagree.

this guy definitely look Italian...he could be my cousin lol.

If this guy knew how speak Italian perfect then all Italians would automatically think he was Italian because he look the same. he can pass for Greek, Spanish, Portuguese, Albanian, Maltese etc. as well.

Would the man in question pass as a "typical Italian" inluding those Italians from north of Rome? Or could he pass for some Italians who are from some parts of southeren Italy?  My guess is that he resembles only some Italians from southeren Italy. 
Originally posted by sicilia

I'm from sicily and many look the same like Sicilians and other Italians, Maltese, Greeks, Spanish, Corsicans, Sardinia, Portuguese, Iranians, Lebanese, Syrians, Iraqis, Georgians, Armenians, Kurds, Albanians, etc i can keep going lol Big smile
Though all the people in the photos could pass for some Corscicans, Portuguese, Spaniards, Sardinians, I do not think that most of the Corscicans or Portuguese resemble most of these people.

Originally posted by Kanas_Krumesis

and this is from Casablanca. Morocco on south
Being a large city, Casablanca has a more arab / semitic influence and has probably more immigration from the deep sahara than other parts of Morrocco.  Rural Moroccans from the high Atlas mountains (Berbers) are more likely to resemble the Spaniards.

i agree that guy in the other was cherry picking and painting south indians as fairskinned, the pics i posted look much more like real south indians.

also as for pakistan, pakistan is diverse in looks, most pakistanis especially from the east and south of pakistan do look similar to north indians, however western and northern pakistanis looks more afghan/iranic, as you know in northern pakistan some with even blonde hair, blue eyes

Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2010 at 19:08
Originally posted by balochii

i agree that guy in the other was cherry picking and painting south indians as fairskinned, the pics i posted look much more like real south indians.
  I agree with you.   But... I also think your counter samples were just a little heavy on the tribal sideWink

Edited by Cryptic - 26-Dec-2010 at 19:16
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2010 at 21:13
^ i think only the first pic was tribal who live in jungles or villages,  but rest of the pics were from the main cities, which have no tribals living there. Also i think 2 of the pics were from Kerala, which has the darkest people in south india

Edited by balochii - 26-Dec-2010 at 21:14
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Dec-2010 at 12:36
I actually worked with a Turk who had light hair and blue eyes, he told his family were originaly from Bosnia.   What is odd is, many Albanians I've met are also claiming that many Albaians in Turkey  became Turks as well. 
Altar View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Altar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Dec-2010 at 18:08
Originally posted by Ince

I actually worked with a Turk who had light hair and blue eyes, he told his family were originaly from Bosnia.   What is odd is, many Albanians I've met are also claiming that many Albaians in Turkey  became Turks as well. 

In bosnia, turks are living besided albanians. these are two different races.

regarding albaninas in turkey. They speak turkish and live like turks but they never forget their roots so their tongue, so it is not true to say "they became turks"
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Dec-2010 at 01:35
Originally posted by Altar

In bosnia, turks are living besided albanians. these are two different races.

regarding albaninas in turkey. They speak turkish and live like turks but they never forget their roots so their tongue, so it is not true to say "they became turks"

He told his family were not Turks and they became Turks in Turkey.
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Dec-2010 at 01:56
I think the Alevi Turks have the highest oriental features in Turkey.  Most of the Alevi Turks I've seen have Mongoloid/Turan features.  Here in London their is a large Alevi community and the Alevi Turks who come to the Alevi centres all had some Oriental features.   My grandmother side from Elbistan have alot of oriental features.    I think this might be due to Alevis only mixing with other Alevis. 
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2010 at 09:44

I met a Turkish taxi cab drive in Ankara who told me the same thing (ancestors were Albanian). 

When the Ottomans withdrew from the Balkans, some of the local Bosnians and Albanians who were closely affilitated with the Ottoman colonial administration left with them. They then "Turkified".

Edited by Cryptic - 29-Dec-2010 at 09:45
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2010 at 17:46
I would imagine that in the real world hundreds of thousands if not millions of Germans, Italians, Japanese, Chinese, Croats, Serbs, Turks, etc., have possibly by now become AMERICANS!

Funny how such things happen?

But, with all of the Anti-American sentiment thrown around today, it is true! Most all of these people, at least into the third generation, mostly consider themselves as Americans of some descent or another! But, when pressed by outside influences most all of them would cleve to the word American to describe themselves and their children!

We are truly blessed in that regard! Back to back, we will fight as one thing, that is as "Americans!"

Edited by opuslola - 29-Dec-2010 at 17:50
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2010 at 20:14
Originally posted by Cryptic

I met a Turkish taxi cab drive in Ankara who told me the same thing (ancestors were Albanian). 

When the Ottomans withdrew from the Balkans, some of the local Bosnians and Albanians who were closely affilitated with the Ottoman colonial administration left with them. They then "Turkified".

That was also what many Albanians tell me. 

I do believe that many non Turkic people were Turkified over the past 100 years.  They even have a their word for Turkification/To Turkify  "Turkleshtime".

I have three Turkish neighbours and only one of them has oriental features and they are Alevis.   One of the other Turkish neighbours has light brown skin and afro hair, similar look to southern Arabs.  Where as the other one looks Southern European. 

PakistaniShield View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2011 at 15:28
Originally posted by balochii

also as for pakistan, pakistan is diverse in looks, most pakistanis especially from the east and south of pakistan do look similar to north indians, however western and northern pakistanis looks more afghan/iranic, as you know in northern pakistan some with even blonde hair, blue eyes

Most of Pakistan is Caucasian in looks and the fairest haired/eyed people in Pakistan are Dardic peoples not Iranic.
Northern Punjabis though not many fair haired amongst them look more Mediterranean. That's true for many Baloch & Pakhtuns as well

Edited by PakistaniShield - 21-Jan-2011 at 15:28
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2011 at 17:38
Perhaps you guys should let "blind people" be your guides? There exists an old saying "You are what you eat", and what you eat (as well as your abiility to wash yourselves) also affects your smell!

So, take some people who were born blind, and have them smell your friends and your enemies, and then ask them to identify them?

On the battlefield, as well as in other cases, sometimes you can smell your enemies before you can see them!

Regards,
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
plesiosauria View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote plesiosauria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2016 at 02:20
Please get over yourself. If your European ancestors hadn't decided to impose their language, religion, and genetics on the inhabitants of the Americas, we wouldn't have this issue today. You can't erase someone's identity, then complain about it when people make comparisons. That would be like a Roman complaining that a Gaul considers himself the same thing.

You mention Amerinds and blacks, but not other non-Spanish Europeans, Middle Easterners, or Asians living on the continent. Why is that? I'm starting to think you might also be a member of Stormfront. It's possible to share a heritage and a culture without being the same nationality, you know. Robbing? Tell it to the millions who were sold into slavery and colonized.

It's not like Spanish people had the best of images, to begin with, in the eyes of English speaking peoples.
hansun View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote hansun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2016 at 05:47
This is kind of a side topic. But whatever. Going off on a tangent never... well, nevermind.

Anyway, were there possibly caucasians in North America originally?

I mean, they were in Japan. Some speculate that they were all across north Asia.

Recently I read that there were/was an earlier wave(s) of migration(s) to North America than previously thought. Could this wave be that caucasian-looking people type?
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2016 at 18:45
Originally posted by hansun

This is kind of a side topic. But whatever. Going off on a tangent never... well, nevermind.

Anyway, were there possibly caucasians in North America originally?

I mean, they were in Japan. Some speculate that they were all across north Asia.

Recently I read that there were/was an earlier wave(s) of migration(s) to North America than previously thought. Could this wave be that caucasian-looking people type?

Why don't you start a new thread? I'll contribute as will Sander.  This topic is one of our favorites. But so far no ones approached it here. 
"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jun-2016 at 21:19
There is an underwater arch. site  in Florida, in the Wacilla river that's been dated to 14,000 + ybp. The artifacts found appear Solutrean in origin.
The concept that the Americas were settled from one direction is starting to look silly.

"Arguing with someone who hates you or your ideas, is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what move you make, your opponent will walk all over the board and scramble the pieces".
Unknown.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345