Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

were central asians caucasians??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
bai_ulgen View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bai_ulgen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: were central asians caucasians??
    Posted: 08-Nov-2010 at 14:44
Northern Khorasan Turks are not Turkic in appearance either. Anyway, Golestan and Khorasan are located in Northeastern part of Iran. 
Möňke Taňri-niň Küçü Bile
Ince View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Ince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2010 at 14:46
Originally posted by bai_ulgen

Northern Khorasan Turks are not Turkic in appearance either. Anyway, Golestan and Khorasan are located in Northeastern part of Iran. 

My mistake, I should of typed East instead of West.  Get them confused at times Big smile
Steppe View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Steppe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2010 at 11:46

Edited by Steppe - 05-Dec-2010 at 12:21
Altar View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Altar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Dec-2010 at 12:38
"big" differences in culture?  it is hard to undserstand how u think that? even your nick name is being used almost a common name for men...we are using same names and same cultutal processes that we execute...

if you talk about "addapt problems" than it is another discussion of how arabic cultre effected us and how russian culture effected you, that answer is teh same answer to that addapt problem...
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2010 at 01:17
Originally posted by RollingWave

Originally posted by balochii

If you look at central asian countries today, countries like Uzbekistan, Kazakhistan, Turkemnistan, and even Tajikistan and parts of Afghanistan, you find that most of the population is oriental/mongol looking. Did the population change its appreance because of the mongol invasion and rule? were central asians more caucasian looking before the mongol army devestaed this area with rapes and loots, i am assuming the mongol soldiers probably made a lot of women pregnant during that time and killed most of the natives or was central asia mongol looking even before that?? does anyone have history behind this?

I am always surprised how parts of northern iran, northern afghanistan and northern pakistan still have caucasian looking people like (kalash, Nuristanis) but yet countries to the more north like these central asian states which are closer to Russia have oriental/mongol looking people.

Really? lets just look at their sitting leaders.

Afganistan
definately caucasian

Uzbekistan
100% caucasian

Kazakhistan

mixed features

Turkemnistan,

mixed, with some pretty pronounced arabic features.

Tajikistan

mostly caucasian

obviously leaders don't completely reflect population, but generally they're a decent representation.

Only the President of Kyrgyzstan have very obvious oriental features
Yeah, but what about the others like China, Philipines, and Papua New Genuie?Ermm
Altar View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Altar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2010 at 16:03
these people are gypsies from bulgaria you can clearly see.  don't direct people into the way you want. 
Kanas_Krumesis View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kanas_Krumesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2010 at 17:07
Originally posted by Altar

these people are gypsies from bulgaria you can clearly see.  don't direct people into the way you want. 

No, you and people like you are these who try to falsify notion of the Europeans and other civilized nations about you with lies. It`s not my fault that the Turks actually looks very much like gypsies.
BTW Turks from Republic of Turkey and those who live in Bulgaria looks also like any other people from the Middle East, mainly Arabs.

Let the people make their own conclusion about Turkish appearance. This video is made in Sofia this summer. The protest was organized by the followers of pro-Turkish mufti Mustafa Alish Hadji who was removed by the Bulgarian Supreme court from his position as a head of the Islamic religion in Bulgaria, because of his anti-state and Islamist activity. A few weeks later during his visit in Bulgaria the Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu raised the question of Hadji`s reinstatement in his previous position. It was rejected.

sicilia View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote sicilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2010 at 21:33

funny you mention this topic because I am currently studying about the central asian turkic speaking countries. since I am not yet an expert on the tukic countries, unfortunately I will not contribute to the subject because I don't feel much of an expert on the matter. I actually want to comment on some other things that I noticed on this thread.  

Edited by sicilia - 25-Dec-2010 at 22:00
sicilia View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote sicilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2010 at 21:53
Originally posted by balochii

If you look at central asian countries today, countries like Uzbekistan, Kazakhistan, Turkemnistan, and even Tajikistan and parts of Afghanistan, you find that most of the population is oriental/mongol looking. Did the population change its appreance because of the mongol invasion and rule? were central asians more caucasian looking before the mongol army devestaed this area with rapes and loots, i am assuming the mongol soldiers probably made a lot of women pregnant during that time and killed most of the natives or was central asia mongol looking even before that?? does anyone have history behind this?

I am always surprised how parts of northern iran, northern afghanistan and northern pakistan still have caucasian looking people like (kalash, Nuristanis) but yet countries to the more north like these central asian states which are closer to Russia have oriental/mongol looking people.

I question what you mean by "caucasian looking people" of Afghanistan, Iran, and Pakistan.

all Iranians and Pakistanis ARE caucasian, I would say only a very small minority of Iranians and Pakistanis have a mongoloid admixture look to them, and even so its quite insignificant .

Afghanis have more mongoloid/caucasian mixed peoples but the majority of Afghanis are caucasian.

Russia is a huge country, not all Russians are caucasian. Many parts of Russia are predominately mongoloid and mixed mongoloid/caucasian.

Iran and Pakistan are way more Caucasian compared to Russia.

sicilia View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote sicilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2010 at 22:27
Originally posted by TheGreatSimba

What is the perception of Turks from Turkey? And do you know what the perception of Turks from Turkey is of Central Asian Turks?

I'm caucasian. Been mistake for Latino and Italian, although I'm Iranian.

Latinos and Italians are the same thing. the Latinos aka Latins was an ancient italic group from italy which included the romans. 

sometimes French, Spanish, Portuguese , Romanians etc. are also referred to as Latinos since they were all part of the roman empire and all "latinized" even though they might not have a strong latin admixture in them, they still all share a latin culture which is basically our romance language group and roman catholic faith.

the correct term for them is actually "nuevo latinos" or the nuevo latino countries.

"latino" are the romans and other ancient italic groups, the name should be reserved for them only.

anyways Italians and Iranians are the same race, we are both caucasians and we look the same.

If I knew how to speak Persian very well and if I went to Iran, they would not know that I am Sicilian. I could easily lie and and say I am from Iran and they would believe me.

Its the same for Iranians that go to Italy, If they can speak Italian good, then all the Italians will think that they are Italian too.

sicilia View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote sicilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2010 at 23:14
Originally posted by Kanas_Krumesis

Here`s is how the Turks look like. Those who live in Bulgaria.

I think they have Central Asian features in minimal. They don`t have typical Caucassian features. There is rather a Semitic appearance, which is strange. Let us remember that the capital of Seljuq Turks was Baghdad for a long period of time. The Turks settled in Anatolia not directly from Central Asia, but from territory of modern Iraq and Syria.

They all are caucasian...how do they not have typical "caucasian" features?Confused

These Turkish people look like most caucasians. they would fit right in with the Mediterranean countries and middle eastern countries which are all caucasian.

I'm from sicily and many look the same like Sicilians and other Italians, Maltese, Greeks, Spanish, Corsicans, Sardinia, Portuguese, Iranians, Lebanese, Syrians, Iraqis, Georgians, Armenians, Kurds, Albanians, etc i can keep going lol Big smile

what I'm trying to say is what is "typical caucasian look" most caucasian people look the same and can be confused for one another. 

I am Sicilian but I get confused all the time for other caucasian people like Iranian, Lebanese, Spanish, Moroccan, Greek, Bulgarian etc.

The only caucasian people that are not typical looking caucasians are Nordic/Anglo Saxon people and Indians and some Pakistanis.

nordic/anglo saxon people stand out from other caucasians because they have slightly different facial structure and indians and some pakistanis stand out from other caucasians because they also have a slightly different look compared to other caucasians.  what I'm saying is that most caucasians from the Mediterranean Europe and Africa, middle east, central asia and some parts eastern europe basically look the same and can be easily confused for one the other.

another thing..there is no such thing as a semetic race.

semetic is a language group including arabic, berber, assyrian, maltese, and sicilian was once a semetic language but was latinized, and in andalusia they use to speak a semetic/latin language.

arabs, berbers, assyrians, and maltese are all caucasians. 

sicilia View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote sicilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2010 at 23:38

Dear Cyrus, I believe that your error is due to poor information. I should let you know that there is one ethnic group called Roma or Gypsy, which is quite widespread in Bulgaria, East Europe and even in Western Europe and Americas, because of their nomadic life style. The original homeland of this group is North India.

This is the news about the youngest mother in the world by name Kordeza (on your photograph) who origin from this ethnic group-  http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90782/90872/6801006.html  where you can read:

"...Kordeza met Jeliazko in the playground of her Roma gypsy school in Sliven, Bulgaria, when he rescued her from bullies...

...By then Kordeza was five months pregnant and living with her grandmother Dida, 55, because her parents were both working on vineyards in Spain...

...When Jeliazko found out he was going to be a dad he dashed back from Spain, where he had been working on farms..."

Today Kordeza and her family living in Spain, so they by your logic could be an excellent example for a Spanish.

Your first photograph submit political demonstration of the party in which participate individuals of almost all ethnic groups in Bulgaria. I see there Bulgarian and Gypsy/Turkish faces. My photograph is much more accurate, because it was taken during a rally (in Plovdiv, Bulgaria before last elections in 2009) of Turkish ethnic party in Bulgaria called Movement for Rights and Freedoms

As you seem to say that my information is incorrect, I will defend it provides images of Turks on similar topics. This is from the protest agaist Pope Benedict XVI visit in Istanbul early this year

In fact this people seems Semitic to me and they have very very small percentage Caucasian appearance.

caucasian race is very diverse group.

all these people are caucasian and like I said there is no semitic race, Semitic speaking people are all caucasians. all these people have caucasian feature, no mongoloid or negroid.

sicilia View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote sicilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2010 at 23:51
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Kanas_Krumesis, what do you mean by Semitic? Do you think Syrians, Kurds, Persians and Armenians have Semitic origins too? You have probably seen my pics in this forum, what do you think about me? I'm a Persian, but I think there are also a large number of Syrians, Turks, Kurds and even southern European people who look like me. My cousins live in Italy and they themselves say that Italians think they are originally of Italian descent.

This is one of my pics in India:

you look no different from Mediterranean europeans. you would easily be mistaken for Italian, Lebanese, Greek, Spanish Portuguese etc. 

plus semetic is not a race, all semetic peoples are caucasian. 

remember the Sicily use to speak semitic language but  was latinized and Andalusia Spain use to speak a semetic/latin language. 

malta still speaks semitic language.

sicilia View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote sicilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2010 at 23:58

Cyrus, I don`t want to analyze the appearance of the forum members. It is truth that you look like South Italian or Greek (my personal opinion).
 We also can`t ignore the fact of Arab Conquest of Iran and following colonization, which explain widespread Semitic appearance among modern Iranians. Of course this is not an absolute norm for all Iranians and there are Iranians even with Nordic appearance. This can be explained with Caucasian type of ancient Iranians. Existence of some minimal Caucasian appearance among Turks also can be explain due to Turkization of Eastern Europeans.
 But why Turks look Semitic at all? They pretend to be direct successors of mighty Steppe nation, but obviously they don`t looks like other Central Asian and Turkic nations!? They don`t have similar culture. Among Turks from ex-Ottoman empire Mongoloid appearance is minimal. Yes, they speak Turkic language, but for example Azeri people speak their language since several centuries. They were forced to learn it.

I think that this ordinary Turkish man meets a one to one type of Semitic appearance. Do you agree with me? He is not a typical Italian, I think.

I disagree.

this guy definitely look Italian...he could be my cousin lol.

If this guy knew how speak Italian perfect then all Italians would automatically think he was Italian because he look the same. he can pass for Greek, Spanish, Portuguese, Albanian, Maltese etc. as well.

sicilia View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote sicilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2010 at 00:32
Originally posted by PakistaniShield

This seems to be getting way off topic.

But a couple of points I have to make. @Cyrus when I wrote hispanic it means Spanish people from South America who are of various backgrounds.

I would not say you look Mongoloid, but more Caucasian with some Mongoloid admixture. And your pics as a child are also not surprising. Children especially of Caucasian (Caucasian as in skull type) can many times show light skin, hair and other light features at infancy.

I recently saw photographs of myself as an infant and it showed me having pale Mediterranean complexion with dark brown eyes and that's true for many other Pakistani kids I've seen. SOme kids from northern Pakistan also grow red or blond hair in their first few years but with the hot temperatures of Karachi your skin gets darker.

I remember when I was in Sri Lanka my skin turned almost black.

I think the best way to get back to the main topic which is about Caucasian skulled people in Central Asia is to discuss Scythians, Tocharians and other Caucasianoid people in Central Asia before they were killed off/assimilated by migrating Altaic hordes.

The Uyghurs in China are said to be partly of Tocharian and Turko-Mongol descent. Their features show this to be true as well. The same for certain Mongolians having some Scythian roots in them.

I remember seeing pics of blond haired Mongolians.

NO  hispanic does NOT mean "spanish south american people of different backgrounds" that doesn't even make sense.

listen honey I'm sicilian and I was raised in south america. 

the word hispanic in spanish is "hispano" 

hispanos are the spaniards and NO one else. If you go to a spanish speaking south American country, you will see that the word hispano is used only for spaniards and people o pure spaniard descent.

blacks and amerindians are NEVER called hispanics because they are not!!!! 

when amerindians and blacks from latin america immigrate to spain they are never called hispanos/hispanics, that would be like a slap in the face to spaniards.

listen, these blacks and amerindians from latin america are never called hispanic/hispanos in their own countries or in spain

the usa is the only country in the world to call these blacks and amerindians hispanic/hispano. 

the stupid american government decided to start labeling blacks and amerindians as hispanic and latinos when they are NOT! the american government encourages these labels and spend a lot of money in advertising propaganda to have these amerindians and blacks identify with these labels.

Its a huge insult because america is robbing the latino identity from europeans and the hispanic identity from the spaniards. 

its no fair that these amerindians from mexico and these blacks from the Caribbean are robbing our identities.

these people are a big joke in latin america, people in latin america always say why are the stupid amerindians and blacks in the USa calling themselves spanish, hispanic/latino when they know that they are not and they are robbing our identities.

It really makes me mad how the latino and hispanic identities which are EUROPEAN are being robbed in the usa. its all americas fault, i dont know why they are putting so much money into advertising propaganda to make as if latino/hispanic=black and amerindian when it does NOT

Theres definitely some kind of agenda behind it.

Consul
Consul

Quote Kanas_Krumesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2010 at 04:55
sicilia, thank you for your constructive attendance. I've been several times in Spain and once in Italy and can make clear delimitation between people from this country and North African immigrants who live there for example. I am surprised that you as a Sicilian have a such position. As I personally know, to call someone "Moor" in Sicily is one of the biggest insult. There is a huge difference between the appearance of people who live on both sides of the Straits of Gibraltar. People from North Africa and Arab Middle East have a dark to brown skin, mainly wooly hair, peculiar face type and clear Sub-Saharan admixture.
This video is from Malaga, Spain on north.

and this is from Casablanca. Morocco on south
Cryptic View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cryptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2010 at 09:15
In the end, Meditteranean peoples (all caucasoids) have a very complex  ancestory and vary widely in physical appereance, even with in the same group. 

Asa side note, this thread is experiencing the same difficulies as the thread attempting to identify whether or not  Indians and Paksitanis have the largely the same physcial features Then factor in accusations from the Pakistan - India thread  that sample  photos can be  "cherry picked" to support  particular conclusions. Or the terms resemble "some" or "many" stretched to support particular conclusions  http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5269&PN=7

Originally posted by sicilia

I disagree.

this guy definitely look Italian...he could be my cousin lol.

If this guy knew how speak Italian perfect then all Italians would automatically think he was Italian because he look the same. he can pass for Greek, Spanish, Portuguese, Albanian, Maltese etc. as well.

Would the man in question pass as a "typical Italian" inluding those Italians from north of Rome? Or could he pass for some Italians who are from some parts of southeren Italy?  My guess is that he resembles only some Italians from southeren Italy. 

I'm from sicily and many look the same like Sicilians and other Italians, Maltese, Greeks, Spanish, Corsicans, Sardinia, Portuguese, Iranians, Lebanese, Syrians, Iraqis, Georgians, Armenians, Kurds, Albanians, etc i can keep going lol Big smile
Though all the people in the photos could pass for some Corscicans, Portuguese, Spaniards, Sardinians, I do not think that most of the Corscicans or Portuguese resemble most of these people.

and this is from Casablanca. Morocco on south
Being a large city, Casablanca has a more arab / semitic influence and has probably more immigration from the deep sahara than other parts of Morrocco.  Rural Moroccans from the high Atlas mountains (Berbers) are more likely to resemble the Spaniards.

Edited by Cryptic - 26-Dec-2010 at 09:57
Altar View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Altar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2010 at 10:42

Originally posted by Altar

No, you and people like you are these who try to falsify notion of the Europeans and other civilized nations about you with lies. It`s not my fault that the Turks actually looks very much like gypsies.
BTW Turks from Republic of Turkey and those who live in Bulgaria looks also like any other people from the Middle East, mainly Arabs.

Let the people make their own conclusion about Turkish appearance. This video is made in Sofia this summer. The protest was organized by the followers of pro-Turkish mufti Mustafa Alish Hadji who was removed by the Bulgarian Supreme court from his position as a head of the Islamic religion in Bulgaria, because of his anti-state and Islamist activity. A few weeks later during his visit in Bulgaria the Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu raised the question of Hadji`s reinstatement in his previous position. It was rejected.

kanas,

you are totally wrong. i looked into the picture in detail. i really don't see a "single" turkish looking person there. i don't understand your "superiror" effort to show turkish people like gipsies or arabic looking. btw, your other "uploaded" pictures are taken from an organisation of the islamic party, do you know who are following this party in turkey? arabians and kurds mostly, so, these people do look like really aryen people than the turkish look.  if you wanna take a look into "the real turkish" citizens' pictures, you should look into pictures of an organization of a politic party which is followed by "turks", pleas see below links:
http://arsiv.ntvmsnbc.com/news/264635.jpg
http://www.kenthaber.com/ege/izmir/Haber/Genel/Normal/rekor-gavur-izmirde/26d92767-91fb-4620-a048-99d3afa82f74

aryens: iranians, kurds, or georgians etc. dark haired, mostly white skinned but incredebilly dark haired, these are typical in aryens.

but turks, you should know that turks have tottaly oppisite race properties in compresion to aryen.
in chinese and arabic records, turks were ment as green eyed and red haired (it was different than black so they called it as red ai guess), see below links, search for green eyes :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Kyrgyzstan#Origins_of_the_Kyrgyz_people
http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Kyrgyzstan

in this case, the turkish looking is different than you are trying to show here. this is the certain truth.
Altar View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Altar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2010 at 10:46
BTW, at the video which you uploaded (1st one), at 0:13 i can see men with white hats, these are all lturkish...but i looked carefully into the video, there are plenty of gipsies who are just there to do their job, becasue it is a crowded protest. some vallets have to be picked up :)
Consul
Consul

Quote Kanas_Krumesis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2010 at 11:12

The only caucasian people that are not typical looking caucasians are Nordic/Anglo Saxon people and Indians and some Pakistanis.

nordic/anglo saxon people stand out from other caucasians because they have slightly different facial structure and indians and some pakistanis stand out from other caucasians because they also have a slightly different look compared to other caucasians.  what I'm saying is that most caucasians from the Mediterranean Europe and Africa, middle east, central asia and some parts eastern europe basically look the same and can be easily confused for one the other.

According to your view, these representatives of the Bulgarian nation are not typical Caucasians. Can you explain how these "Anglo-Saxons" were taken in south-eastern Europe?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>