Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Indian Princesses

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
firefoxcub View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote firefoxcub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Indian Princesses
    Posted: 25-May-2010 at 14:40
Hi, I'm researching Indian princesses for a fictional project I'm writing. While I won't be using any information DIRECTLY, I like to have an things be based in reality, even loosely.

So my question is, apart from Rani of Jhansi, does any one know of any other Indian princesses that were militantly anti-British? Or if some were captured/killed/tortured by the imperialist Brit. government? I'm looking at instances of them being forced into spying or being forced into ... concubine-status/stripped of their titles etc. 

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. 
Vajra View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Vajra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jul-2010 at 22:29
Princess who mainly fought British were Rani Lakshmi Bai, Kittur Rani Chennamma, Rani Rashmoni.

Edited by Vajra - 21-Jul-2010 at 22:29
Pytheus View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Pytheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2010 at 18:10
The Rani Jindan sent the Kalsa to invade the British Empire, pretty anti British, however when capture got a nice pension and retirement in Britain, so no torture I'm afraid.
huntergill View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote huntergill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2011 at 20:42
After the third battle with Sikhs she was removed from Punjab and confined for life.She escaped to Nepal and given quarters by Rana. Her son Dalip singh forcibly removed from her side(11 years old), converted to Christianity was pensioned off to England with most of the Maharajas treasure including famous Kohinoor.
yaudheya View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote yaudheya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2011 at 13:32
Maina , the daughter of Nana Sahib , who resisted the Britishers but she was caught and burned brutally in alive condition by Britishers  .  
dev
 Post Reply Post Reply