Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fresh skeleton of an unknown animal!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fresh skeleton of an unknown animal!
    Posted: 02-Feb-2010 at 11:34

This skeleton was found some months ago in the jungle of Mazandaran but no one knows what this animal is and it sill remains a mystery for zoologists: http://www.farsnews.net/newstext.php?nn=8801311366

What do you think about it?

http://www.farsnews.com/imgrep.php?nn=8801270716

opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2010 at 12:09
My guess is an alligator, etc.! It is obviously not fossilized, so it must be fairly fresh!

http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
TheGreatSimba View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote TheGreatSimba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2010 at 13:46
have they dated it yet?
Le Loup View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Le Loup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2010 at 15:54
Very interesting, would like to keep track of follow-ups.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach” Henry David Thoreau.

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2010 at 21:39

I don't know about the date, but it is believed this animal was alive in 2009, one of zoologists says that this skeleton seems to belong to a reptile, amphibian or even a bird but the form of its pelvis shows this is certainly a mammal.

Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2010 at 11:07
Kanas_Krumesis mentioned in this thread  Caspian seal (They can be found not only along the shorelines, but also on the many rocky islands and floating blocks of ice that dot the Caspian Sea.):

Couldn't it be a caspian seal?

Skeleton of a seal:

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2010 at 13:25
Cyrus if you can get the link in English I suggest sending it to George Noorey on coast to coast am radio. If you contact them they might do a show about it and maybe they already know about it- who knows???

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/pages/contact

If you pay $6 a month you can pick up their interesting shows on the internet from their streamlink, unless it is banned in Iran.

They do all kinds of shows from UFO, big foot, conspiracy, climate change, ghosts, terrorism and many other topics. I am going to pay for it since the show is on so late here and I fall asleep often while listening. My girlfriend threw cold water on me during one show because I asked her not to let me fall asleep. LOL
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2010 at 13:26
Originally posted by Cyrus Shahmiri

Kanas_Krumesis mentioned in this thread  [COLOR=#002bb8">Caspian seal[/COLOR"> (They can be found not only along the shorelines, but also on the many rocky islands and floating blocks of ice that dot the Caspian Sea.):

Couldn't it be a caspian seal?

Skeleton of a seal:

No the bone structure is totally different
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2010 at 22:08
I have not still found anyting in English about it, you are right about the bone structure, that seems to be really different but I think this animal could be also a marine mammal.
Le Loup View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Le Loup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2010 at 23:13
It is one of those things that may become quite obvious to us when we see the full picture, but right now it is looking like a prehistoric animal.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach” Henry David Thoreau.

red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2010 at 23:33
It isn't complete.  The pelvis resembles a bears, and since the shoulders and skull are missing I'd opt for that one.  Only sticker is the construction on it's back, I really don't know enough about bears to say.
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2010 at 00:56

Ok, the problem seems to be solved, that is a Sus scrofa (Wild boar): http://www.gerayenazdik.blogfa.com/

But another zoologist says it can't be a wild boar mostly becuase its neck bones! Ermm However I don't see any difference!

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 04-Feb-2010 at 01:26
Le Loup View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote Le Loup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2010 at 12:38
Certainly we can't see the finer structure of the neck bones, but from where I am sitting it looks like a good match.

Afghanan View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Durr e Durran

Quote Afghanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2010 at 20:53
Looks like the skeleton of a camel to me.    Notice the elongated dorsal spines.  But the pelvis looks very similar to the boar.

Edited by Afghanan - 06-Mar-2010 at 20:55
The perceptive man is he who knows about himself, for in self-knowledge and insight lays knowledge of the holiest.
~ Khushal Khan Khattak
 Post Reply Post Reply