Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SNOW!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Online Status: Offline
  Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SNOW!!
    Posted: 19-Oct-2009 at 07:32

The North and North Central sections of Pennsylvania got clobbered over the weekend.  State College, [Penn State] got 10 inches total.  Poconos, 12".  The fall leaves haven't fully turned yet and the heavy snow will make a considerable mess.  I live about 100 miles East of this area, all we got was 4 straight days of rain.

BTW, this is the earliest anyone can remember for snow like that.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2009 at 11:26
I checked with Al Gore, he said it was an obvious case of man made global warming! Chuckle!
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
red clay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Tomato Master Emeritus

Quote red clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2009 at 12:24

After what, 4-5 years of the "man made Global warming " thing, I finally saw a report by someone that included the possibility that the warming might be due to "planetary precession".  That is, the tilt of the Earth on it's Axis, and the time it takes to complete a revolution, approx. 26,000 years.  We could be in the part of that cycle that moves the Northern half of the planet closer to the sun. Nothing to do about it if it is.

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Oct-2009 at 16:27
Snow I miss that since I left the east side of Washington State and now live in sunny Ariozona. We are 4,000 feet so we get a bit of snow but it melts fast. I use to enjoy running while it snowed and I enjoy colder tempts and also x-country skiing and down hill skiing. I love to be in the wilderness on my X-country skis where all you hear is the swish of your skis in the winter silence. I will have to see if they have X-country skiing in the Santa Catalina Mountains - Mt Lemon ski area. I loved walking around downtown Spokane with the snow on the ground and the Christmas lights decorating the downtown area.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
 Post Reply Post Reply