Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Swine Flu Outbreak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kevin View Drop Down
General
General
AE Editor

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swine Flu Outbreak
    Posted: 26-Apr-2009 at 19:03
A large outbreak of swine flu has occured in Mexico, and has killed and sickened a number of people throughout the nation. In addtion a number of cases have began appearing here in the Unied States most notably several cases among prep school students in New York City, and it is expected to get worse.

Should there be any worries about an larger outbreak?

Any opinions?

Personally I think this is just another outbreak of a virus that shows up, kills and sickens some people, then fades away but causes alot of worry and hysteria.

Like SARS or the Avian Flu some time back.

However I wouldn't expect it to be another bubonic plague or the influenza outbreak that occured in 1918.

Besides even if it is it has shown it's self to be treatable early in the course of this outbreak. 

Edited by Kevin - 27-Apr-2009 at 00:10
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2009 at 19:50

How about your opinion? 

Moved to Questions and Answers until a more thought out opinion is formed. 

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2009 at 19:52
Some people in Mexico I've talked to say it's an eruption of mass hysteria. Only 20 deaths have been confirmed to have been caused by this new flu. All cases outside of North America that have been tested have been proven to be negative. Nonetheless a new influenza virus is dangerous enough to take all those precautions. Better safe then sorry.

I was supposed to be going to Mexico the 9th of May. Let's see how this develops.
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Quote Temujin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2009 at 20:27
this is not Q & A.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2009 at 23:51
There has been a 5,6 earth quake in Mexico City this evening.

So that's war (on drugs), pestilence and earthquakes. So if a famine breaks out as well that means it's time for the apocalyps.

But in all seriousness, the governor of México State has just said that all 4 deaths and 84 out of 94 hospitalizations in his state have been caused by regular flu. If that's true and the same proportion applies for the entire country that means that there are 200 cases instead of 2000.
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2009 at 04:01
Here we had a confirmed case which is mother of my co-worker. I think I have to take some days off.Unhappy 

Edited by Suren - 28-Apr-2009 at 04:06
Anfører
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2009 at 16:05
What is there to say except that there are viruses a lot more deadly than this one already killing people on a grand scale around the world. The difference is that this is a new outbreak and the media likes to hint at a portent for the future oblivion of the human race. Now, if this H5N1 virus mutated into a completely new strain, such as with the Spanish Flu, then we have a serious problem on our hands. Not to take away from the severity of the illness for those who have it or have died from it, but more people die every month on the roads of Egypt than this virus has killed.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2009 at 18:24
A teacher of mine just advised I should just go but change the subject of my research, that I should do it about political games surrounding the influenza. So that might be interesting. Either I will graduate with a paper that proves that the whole world has been hyped because of Mexican electoral games or I will be wrong and won't return alive.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Apr-2009 at 22:01
I heard a show on coast to coast am radio and it could worse than the government is letting us know. I cannot verify this other than what the guest said and two are conspiracy theorist. Not closing the borders seems foolish and it seems to normal procedure for a disease outbreak like this is to isolate the source vs. letting it continue to spread. It is strange how nobody in the US has died but a number of Mexicans have sadly perished- what is up with that? Strange, it is not even the flu season. I realize that a flu that hit anytime of the year but there is a season where outbreaks usually occur. I will not get a flu shot due to side effects and if they developed a vaccine for this strain the goverment will allow them to bypass FDA testing. I would suggest avoiding it at all costs and if you doubt this then research the side effects that the 1976 swine flu vaccine had on some people.

The first coast to coast am guest had a good explanation but I will leave that up to you to research.

The question I have is this virus natural? Or manmade??

If so then who is behind it- the global elite or Islamic terrorist????
I do not know!! I wish I had the answers but I do suggest natural products like Viral blocker or Umcka. Elderberries boiled to a syrup
with a dash of honey (for taste) is suppose to be very anti viral and it is sold under a product name Sambuca which is mostly elderberry.
Most medical doctors know little about nutrition and after working in a clinic for a few years I realized it is a practice- they do not know everything.
Here is a link for Elderberry:

http://herbs.lovetoknow.com/Elderberry_Tincture

You can go on the coast to coast am site and look at last nights guests to check out what they are saying:

www.coasttocoastam.com

I hopes and prayers are with the victims and their families and hopefully this flu strain will die out.

It could mutate they are staring to say but I wonder how this flu, if it gets out of hand, compares to the Spanish flu in the early 1900's?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090426/twl-swine-flu-could-become-more-dangerou-3fd0ae9.html

Host: George Noory
Guests: Gary Ridenour, Steve Quayle, Alex Jones

Flu Special

coast to coast am direct link to guests:

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2009/04/27
]

It now looks like they could have found a possible source for this flu strain:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/apr/27/swine-flu-search-outbreak-source

Edited by eaglecap - 28-Apr-2009 at 22:16
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2009 at 15:34
Now.. my vacation to Krabi, Thailand has to be postponed.. Cry
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2009 at 17:50
Read in an email that the whole thing is being blown out of all proportions by experts nested within research institutions whom are aligned with big pharma to boost quickly redundant vaccine sales. We will see soon enough though I wouldn't put it past them.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Apr-2009 at 19:41
Originally posted by Zagros

Read in an email that the whole thing is being blown out of all proportions by experts nested within research institutions whom are aligned with big pharma to boost quickly redundant vaccine sales. We will see soon enough though I wouldn't put it past them.

hmmm, I occasionaly get conspiracy theories emailed from Mexico but I haven't seen that one yet.
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2009 at 16:24
This whole thing was indeed blown out of proportion. We have had a 1000 infections here and no one has died. It is a very mild version of the flu which no one yet has immunity to, but we will develop it once we catch it.

It's just the usual media hype which is designed to boost ratings and, like Zagros said, boost pharmaceutical sales. Stop worrying and have a nice day.
 Post Reply Post Reply