Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

For coffee drinkers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: what is your favorite coffee
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [33.33%]
5 [23.81%]
1 [4.76%]
2 [9.52%]
6 [28.57%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For coffee drinkers
    Posted: 29-Jan-2009 at 21:23
Here we are sitting around the A&E tavern drinking beer, wine, tea or coffee

Question- what is your favorite type of coffee?

I prefer specialty blends and I love going to a expresso place but now that I live in Hicksville forget that!!

I still buy specialty coffee blends from Thomas Hamer from the internet.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2009 at 23:40
1. Turkish/Bosnian Coffee
2. Various other blends/Espresso.

Am open to a lot of coffees, Love Coffee! lol.

Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 01:28
Greek coffee, lighter roast for a bigger hit

Black coffe dark roast, normally columbian

Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 01:49
I LOVE coffee, and caffeine in general. It produces a semi euphoric sensation in me, on top of keeping me stimulated, talkative and awake.

Sadly, after over a year of intestinal illness I am no longer able to take in caffeine, as it too severely aggravates the bowel. So down a few on my behalf, gents.
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 01:49
Mocha
Anfører
Donasin View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Donasin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 03:07
Yay Mochas!

I like mine frozen cause I have no qualms about trading manhood for deliciousness
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 03:09
tea.. earl grey... it's nice.. everyone shud try it..
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 03:18
Originally posted by Constantine XI

I LOVE coffee, and caffeine in general. It produces a semi euphoric sensation in me, on top of keeping me stimulated, talkative and awake.

Sadly, after over a year of intestinal illness I am no longer able to take in caffeine, as it too severely aggravates the bowel. So down a few on my behalf, gents.

CryOuch

That sounds horrid. I shall have a few cups on your behalf.

Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 03:28
Originally posted by es_bih

CryOuch

Down some booze for me too buddy! Big smile I can't have that either - life is so..... sober
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 03:34

Originally posted by es_bih

CryOuch

Down some booze for me too buddy! Big smile I can't have that either - life is so..... sober

I cut down on that substantially, too, but I shall one or two. Which do you prefer? Star
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 03:47
I have an unusual sweet tooth, so cider, botrytis and vodka mixers are always favourites. But if you need something sterner, wash down some steak with a good full red or mix a bourbon and coke.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 03:53
Sounds great Smile
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 04:08
I voted folgers. I love coffee, don't get me wrong, I'm just alittle more simple.

I'd hate life if I couldn't drink anymore...

And with all due respect Constatine, es_bih, don't you dare mix that Bourbon with coke! Use the lesser Whiskeys for that, Bourbon is great on the rocks. And with that, I think I'll go have some!Tongue
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 04:09
Originally posted by SearchAndDestroy

I voted folgers. I love coffee, don't get me wrong, I'm just alittle more simple.

I'd hate life if I couldn't drink anymore...

And with all due respect Constatine, es_bih, don't you dare mix that Bourbon with coke! Use the lesser Whiskeys for that, Bourbon is great on the rocks. And with that, I think I'll go have some!Tongue

Big smile

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 04:09
Folgers coffee is pretty good, too.
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 04:16
Amazing, a thread about coffee turns into one about alcohol before the first page is even done LOL

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 04:18
Truly is lol
SearchAndDestroy View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote SearchAndDestroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 04:32

Sambuca tastes good in coffee. Best of both worlds right there!

"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." E.Abbey
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 04:55
Espresso.. it's bitter.. how to enjoy it the best way? add some milk? drink more water?
edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2009 at 06:22

Colombian beans, freshly ground, and hand dripped. That last is probably the most important - there is no form of coffee, in my experience, more disgusting than one that's gone through a percolating machine. I'd rather have instant any day. 

There are some other ways of making coffee that are equally as good as hand-drip though ... some of the stove-top devices like Moka pots etc, they are alright too. I just won't drink anything from those electric coffee machines with the rubbery plastic piping inside.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>