Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Norse tech and the settlement of the Americas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Jams View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Norse tech and the settlement of the Americas
    Posted: 27-Nov-2008 at 21:43
Originally posted by Hukumari

Originally posted by Jams

That find has already been explained. An unnecessary interpretation made by the journalists.

Still waiting for your clarification.

Maybe mtDNA was A, 16111T, 16223T, 16290T, 16319A?

I don't know about those, I only refer to the original craniometrical notion that was mentioned in the article. I'm sorry that I don't keep links to everything I read, and this find was some time ago. I have to admit, though, that the find has not been explained, but it has been explained that it doesn't necessarily have to be an "Inca" just because of that particular feature. As if there was an "Inca" people to begin with (I know what they mean, I just turned to semantics there.) Remains of one person with a neoteny trait is found - that's all that can be concluded, unless other corroborating evidence also can be produced.

Edit: A little search later, I found an article. Not one that I've read before, but it will do. I can't be bothered to go further into this:

It is a very short comment, but it tells it all, really.

If you read the original article in Norwegian, it is clear that they don't say it is an actual Inca. It isn't even suggested. Rather, they just inform that it is called an Inca bone because it is most common in Peru. The journalists twisted the words, and that's all there is to it.

Edited by Jams - 27-Nov-2008 at 21:56
Hukumari View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Hukumari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2008 at 01:35
Originally posted by Jams

Edit: A little search later, I found an article. Not one that I've read before, but it will do. I can't be bothered to go further into this:

It is a very short comment, but it tells it all, really.

Thanks Jams, even if I knew it beforehand. Congratulations, you saved your face and this Norwegian Inca case is closed. If and when the newspapers write something like this, it is better to burn such daily bshit.

Anyway the Fennoscandians and other Europeans have thousands of genetic “cousins” among Amerindians because….
the “indigenous” ancient sources are the same with Amerindians and especially with the Fennoscandians from the Siberian/Chinese/Mongolian tribes like Tuva, Tofalar (South Chinese-Siberian), Yakuts, Evenks, Sojots, Mongolians, Buryats, Altaians, Khakassians, Shors, Tundra Nenets, Evens, Ewenki of China, Kalmyks, etc. 

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2008 at 01:42

Anyway the Fennoscandians and other Europeans have thousands of genetic “cousins” among Amerindians because….
the “indigenous” ancient sources are the same with Amerindians and especially with the Fennoscandians from the Siberian/Chinese/Mongolian tribes like Tuva, Tofalar (South Chinese-Siberian), Yakuts, Evenks, Sojots, Mongolians, Buryats, Altaians, Khakassians, Shors, Tundra Nenets, Evens, Ewenki of China, Kalmyks, etc. 

Indeed. These family of peoples is perhaps the more extended group of humans. Theirs descendents live from North Africa, Europe and the Middle East, all over Eurasia, and all the way to China and then into the Americas, and even in Greenland. That's why it is so difficult to distinguish between Amerindian DNA and Mongolian, and why a recent Brazilian soap opera put a Japanese Brazilian to play an Amazonian Indian LOL

Edited by pinguin - 28-Nov-2008 at 01:44
Hukumari View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Hukumari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2008 at 14:47

Originally posted by pinguin

That's why it is so difficult to distinguish between Amerindian DNA and Mongolian, and why a recent Brazilian soap opera put a Japanese Brazilian to play an Amazonian Indian LOL

With the new methods it is quite easy to penetrate along to maternal and paternal lines until tens of thousands years back with thousands of "alleles" like:

www.dnatribes.com/

www.23andme.com/

I suppose that dnatribes goes back only 4000 years .

The result can be individual or total nation and the result can be sometimes surprising.

http://strangemaps.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/geneticmapofeurope.jpg?w=600&h=392

Re/pinguin: "....why a recent Brazilian soap opera put a Japanese Brazilian to play an Amazonian Indian." 

That was correct!

They really have Japanese DNA in Amazon.

I must emphasize that I have not read this book of “1421” because it could affect to my objectivity. I have written for many years ago to a Scandinavian forum about Japanese ships penetrating up to the Uruguay or Paraguay River leaving a lot of Japanese DNA. Later I found Japanese DNA among Tupi or/and Guarani – I must try to find the results among my CD-ROMs.

I am sure that Gavin is right:
We have recently been informed of DNA results of the original native peoples of Vancouver Island – the Salish people. The principal report on which I rely is that of Professor Mariana Fernandez Cobo in ‘The American Journal of Physical Anthropology’ 2002. She and her colleague’s analysed urine of the Salish Indians, the Navajo; the Guarani of the Amazon and of mainland Japan. The DNA of all four, the entire sequence CAGTTAGA is absolutely identical. This would be a coincidence of 65,536 to one. The Salish, Navajo and Guarani studied in the report can only be Japanese.

http://www.gavinmenzies.net/pages/evidence-1421/content.asp?EvidenceID=200

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2008 at 16:08

That was correct!

They really have Japanese DNA in Amazon.

I must emphasize that I have not read this book of “1421” because it could affect to my objectivity. I have written for many years ago to a Scandinavian forum about Japanese ships penetrating up to the Uruguay or Paraguay River leaving a lot of Japanese DNA. Later I found Japanese DNA among Tupi or/and Guarani – I must try to find the results among my CD-ROMs.

I am sure that Gavin is right:
We have recently been informed of DNA results of the original native peoples of Vancouver Island – the Salish people. The principal report on which I rely is that of Professor Mariana Fernandez Cobo in ‘The American Journal of Physical Anthropology’ 2002. She and her colleague’s analysed urine of the Salish Indians, the Navajo; the Guarani of the Amazon and of mainland Japan. The DNA of all four, the entire sequence CAGTTAGA is absolutely identical. This would be a coincidence of 65,536 to one. The Salish, Navajo and Guarani studied in the report can only be Japanese.

http://www.gavinmenzies.net/pages/evidence-1421/content.asp?EvidenceID=200

Do you realize that the fact that Amerindians show Japanese DNA is not only because some admixture exists in the Amazon region, but also because both people have the same origin 15.000 years ago?

I know the case of a Mapuce countryfellow of mine, who married a Japanese woman and settled in Japan, and he never call the attention of people there. No kidding.

Hukumari View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Hukumari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2008 at 16:42
Originally posted by pinguin

Do you realize that the fact that Amerindians show Japanese DNA is not only because some admixture exists in the Amazon region, but also because both people have the same origin 15.000 years ago?

Maybe I can understand because my ancestors were living already 35,000 years ago in Yellow and Yangtze River area and my haplogroup is born in North China about 10,000 years ago. Anyway I am neither Chinese nor Asian.

That’s why I have about 10 % Amerindian blood without any Indians in my familytree.

DNA Tribes® Digest November 28, 2008

Results indicate that, consistent with its geographical location adjacent to the Gobi

Desert and Manchuria, the largest genetic contribution to the Altaian region is North Chinese (38.0%). However, substantial genetic contributions from Northern Europe (a total of 30.1%) are observed, along with a substantial American Indian contribution of (15.9%).

These European and American Indian contributions distinguish the Altaian region from other regions of Asia, and suggest that Altaian peoples can be described as Asian only in a general sense, retaining substantial connections to non-Asian regions.

The observed 30.1% Northern European genetic contribution might reflect historical

contacts with Russians, Scythians, and Tocharians. This also likely reflects gene flow from earlier pre-historic peoples of Europe roaming the steppe lands of Asia such as the Kurgan peoples, who left impressive burial monuments in a zone extending from Eastern Europe to the Altai Mountains. Another possible source of gene flow from Northern Europe is contact with Uralian-speaking peoples of northwestern Siberia, as will be discussed below in our analysis of genetic contributions to the Finno-Ugrian genetic region.

http://www.dnatribes.com/dnatribes-digest-2008-11-28.pdf

I personally know the case of a Saami countryfellow of mine, who married an Indian woman and settled in the jungle, and he never call the attention of people there. No kidding.

Jams View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Quote Jams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2008 at 18:28

Thanks Jams, even if I knew it beforehand. Congratulations, you saved your face and this Norwegian Inca case is closed. If and when the newspapers write something like this, it is better to burn such daily bshit.

So why did you post it in the first place? To me that would suggest that you can't be trusted, because you deliberately post questionable info.
Hukumari View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Quote Hukumari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2008 at 05:42

Sorry Jams but the last information debunked my theory and opinion.

http://www.dnatribes.com/dnatribes-digest-2008-11-28.pdf

No mtDNA or HLA of these bones – it really stinks.
According to the link above Fennoskandia has about 1 million persons with Amerindian blood.
I was wrong - the case is not closed after that link above.

What was the mtDNA and HLA of these Inca bones?
Anyway they came from the East.

Now I am sure that the Danish sailors were the best ones in the world at least in year 1640.

Jams View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Quote Jams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2008 at 15:07
Ok, that's all right then. I have some problems with the ideas of DNA Tribes, not so much the markers and such, but their labeling. They use a mix of modern ethnicity and ancient ethnicities to suggest that one population has ancestry from another. Maybe they really mean something else, but what they actually write is suspect.

It isn't always possible to extract useable DNA from old bones, actually it usually is not. I haven't heard of any tests involving those "Inca" bones. It could be interesting, though.
edgewaters View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Snake in the Grass-Banned

Quote edgewaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2008 at 19:24

That’s why I have about 10 % Amerindian blood without any Indians in my familytree.

If you are North American for more than a few generations, this is fairly typical - native American genes are much more widespread through North American populations than usually presumed. You probably wouldn't actually know if you did have native American ancestors in your family tree. 

In fact, this is even true for some European populations:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/When-White-British-Prove-to-be-Native-Americans-53946.shtml

Edited by edgewaters - 06-Dec-2008 at 19:24
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2008 at 13:58
That's interesting.

History don't say much about the numerous Amerindians brought to Spain, Britain and other parts of Europe during the early colonization, but the fact is there existed some Amerindian populations in Europe at that time. Then they "vanished" in the air, it was supposed. Now genetics show the obvious: they mixed with locals.

Carcharodon View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Carcharodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2009 at 03:46
Originally posted by Count Belisarius

No Beowulf is set around nine-ten hundred A.D 

Actually Beowulf is set in the 6th century. It is more of a question though when it is written, different schoolars say it is somewhere from the 8th century to around 1000.
fantasus View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote fantasus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2009 at 08:24

The norse voyages has very much to do with geography of Norther part of Europe and North Atlantic, and there were many smaller steps since the distance between intermediary isles is moderate, not possible in other parts of that ocean. Then there is the long coastline, especially of Norway, were probably the majority of people lived (and still does), and a great "natural dependency" on the seas. First step very early, probably prehistoric to Britain and surrounding isles south along the shores, or rather a few hundred kilometres open sea. Step by step Feroes, Iceland (allready some Irish offshore monks), Greenland, and some part of North America. None of those lands were entirely "frozen" (nor are they today). The "norse" in this context were by the way not part of an entirely strange and for other europeans "alien" culture, but part of the grweater world of western -christian, latin, catholic civilisation - and of course both trading contacts and church organisation maintained these close links for centuries.

An idea: Perhaps somewhere  in church archives there could be "forgotten" material about scandinavians of that age in general, and their western adventures in particular?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789