Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

September 11, anniversary of a sad event

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: September 11, anniversary of a sad event
    Posted: 11-Sep-2008 at 18:14
35 years ago today, Salvador Allende, the democratically elected president of Chile died a hero, defending his office against Fascists.

The CIA-instigated coup was the beginning of a reign of terror in Chile which saw thousands of people dead, tortured and exiled.
Cyrus Shahmiri View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
King of Kings

Quote Cyrus Shahmiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Sep-2008 at 21:34
At least he could defend his office against his enemies, 28 years later several innocent people lost their lives in their offices without knowing who their enemies were! Unhappy

Edited by Cyrus Shahmiri - 11-Sep-2008 at 21:36
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2008 at 15:54
ah yes another low point in US foreign policy and something that has never really been publicly known or taught. most people don't know these dirty little stories. Fittingly we have the diplomatic spat between Bolivia and the USA. Every time the poor vote themselves in the freedom fighters of the land owning pirates rise up to protect their interests

Edited by Leonidas - 12-Sep-2008 at 15:56
Turenne View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Turenne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2008 at 19:51
It is indeed a sad day.  Does anyone knows the prescise date of Operation Ajax?  I think that one should also be covered...

"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I attack."

Ferdinand Foch
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2008 at 20:20
A bit late but for all the families or survivors I hope they recover, hard as it may be, in peace and find meaning for this loss.

From the eternal words of the late Constantine XI: Well then, brothers and fellow citizens and soldiers, remember this in order that your memorial, your fame and freedom will be eternal.
Λοιπόν, αδελφοί και οι συμπολίτες και οι στρατιώτες, να θυμάστε αυτό ώστε μνημόσυνο σας, φήμη και ελευθερία σας θα ε
 Post Reply Post Reply