Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPrithviraj III and Rajput cavalry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Temujin View Drop Down
King
King
Sirdar Bahadur

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prithviraj III and Rajput cavalry
    Posted: 19-Mar-2008 at 20:48
well i'm really in no modd to move this topic to the minefield and i kindly ask you to stop any argument about Gurjjar-Rajput relations whatsoever. this topic is about the emergence of Rajput cavalry and nothing else, what you wrote so far was off topic and i'm not tolerating it since i'm interested in the topic myself. if you still need to argue anything in this direction, send me a personal message with your request so i can open a topic over at the minefield for you where you can talk until the end of eternity about your issue.

understood?
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2008 at 21:34
prithviraj fought invaders on plains of tarain where cavalry would have been more effective than elephants or even infantry which would be more useful on hills.

any ways cavalry would have been introduced in India by afghans as mounted attacks would have more suited raiders like them.
Copperknickers View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jun-2008 at 16:51
Originally posted by Temujin

cavalry is cavalry as long as they ride horses.

I know that is from about 2 pages ago but it raises a good point.

Who exactly was it that had these horses in India? In europe, it was mainly landowners who could afford them along with good armour, and they were the knights, shock troops that ploughed any peasant in their path, no matter how outnumbered they were (not that they ever were, as to my knowledge most kings had a conscription of all landowners that meant that apart from in special cases, most armies were made up 75% or so of mounted and dismounted knights, along with other professional and reasonably wealthy soldiers).

The mongols' horses were a fact of life, they needed them for their nomadic lifestyle and they needed their bows for hunting, so it stood to reason they fought as mounted archers, every able bodied man of them. This was of course completely different from the elite shock function of the knights.

So who had the horses in India, nomadic tribesmen from the hills, or wealthy Kshatriya nobles or what?
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jul-2008 at 11:43
Right, Sister-in-Law. Thats that.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jul-2008 at 01:54
Rajput-Gujjar discussions are blacklisted due to their ability to quickly devolve into mud-slinging flame wars.

Any posts that are controversial enough to raise an eyebrow on the subject will result in your banning from the forum.

But please, feel free to discuss anything that isn't controversial enough
pikesman View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jul-2008 at 03:30
LOL..this topic is turning into a laugh riot..
There are three ways to an argument..your way,my way and the right way !!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12