Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Famous Mohajirs of Pakistan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
anum View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote anum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Famous Mohajirs of Pakistan
    Posted: 16-Dec-2007 at 04:29
I was so surprised to know that so many of our pakistani known actors, artists, and sports people are mohajirs. Just browse down the page in following link and see. you will be surprised for sure.

maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2007 at 05:08
Its a conspiracy, and obviously you are part of it.
anum View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote anum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2007 at 16:19
what are you talking about? how is it a conspiracy and btw i am not a full mohajir. My dad is pure Punjabi and my mom is mixed with urdu speaking and punjabi parents.
anum View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote anum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2007 at 16:20
and btw these people dont consider themselves mohajirs. Most people who migrated from india became pakistanis and have nothing to do with india. Its only the MQM supporters who still call themselves mohajirs.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2007 at 18:23
Muhajir means refugee. You are not refugees.
anum View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote anum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2007 at 20:02
Thats what i am saying, most people who migrated from india dont use that term to describe themselves.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2007 at 20:18
Its convinient shorthand to describe people of exteremly varied backgrounds, from Tamil to Bengali to Punjabi.
anum View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote anum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2007 at 03:23
yup, the best is not to mention that your family migrated from india.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2007 at 04:56
Why?
anum View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote anum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2007 at 22:44
well generally speaking if you mention that your family migrated from India, you get people raising eye brows for some reason.
maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2007 at 23:26
And what about Indian "mohajirs" like you Vivek, do they get raised eyebrows as well?
anum View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote anum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2007 at 23:46

^ who are u talking about?

maqsad View Drop Down
General
General

Quote maqsad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2007 at 05:36
You LOL
anum View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote anum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Dec-2007 at 16:37

Nazia hassan and zoheb hassan also had parents who migrated. Her parents were born in Delhi.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Jan-2008 at 23:13
wow also junaid jamshed?

most of these people are patriotic pakistanis, who cares if they immirgated from india. remember this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAiVZq_u7mI&feature=related
void View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote void Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2008 at 19:13
People should not call them Mohajirs. These people are Pakistanis and many of them came to pakistan before 1947. Junaid Jamshed's father is a pure pashtun, he just worked in Delhi during British India as it was one country back then. His mother is from UP in India. I think this mohajir term should only be applied to MQM supporters today. Most of pakistani people today dont like MQM, i would say most people who migrated from india dont support MQM.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2008 at 19:21

Junaid Jamshed grandfather was in British Army posted in Delhi, they are from Nowshera. Here is he in Phustu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLBc1Sr_nk4

Edited by Sparten - 06-Jan-2008 at 19:23
balochii View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote balochii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2010 at 15:05
Mohajirs who are part of MQM need to keep seperating themselves, yes there was racism against before but now like other mohajirs like these you posted, they should become pakistanis. MQM is always trying to create a drift between them and others, they kill so many pashtuns, baloch etc... for no reason
PakistaniShield View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote PakistaniShield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2010 at 13:19
Originally posted by void

People should not call them Mohajirs. These people are Pakistanis and many of them came to pakistan before 1947. Junaid Jamshed's father is a pure pashtun, he just worked in Delhi during British India as it was one country back then. His mother is from UP in India. I think this mohajir term should only be applied to MQM supporters today. Most of pakistani people today dont like MQM, i would say most people who migrated from india dont support MQM.

true. Also given the fact that the "mohajirs" don't constitute a single ethnic groups but rather they consist of many ethnic groups including, Bengalis, Tamils and others. Their language of commonality is what gets them mistaken as one
 Post Reply Post Reply