Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Africa, Bible the untold truth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
joeamonroe View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote joeamonroe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Africa, Bible the untold truth
    Posted: 05-Dec-2007 at 15:28

I have always felt like the bible told two stories. Such as man has bent the truth to fit his need (Lust for power) for example:

Genesis 1:27

27 So God created man in his own image,
       in the image of God he created him;
       male and female he created them.

Genesis 2:18

18 The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

In the first book of the bible we are taught that man is made first them women come from him, but as you can read for yourself in the bible it says he made both at the same time not one before the other.

This plays into men dominating women and treating them as second class people, why would GOD do that

*how could GOD create everything and forget to make man a mate when he didnt forget for everything else on earth

Finally this statement helps to explain how our heritage was taken and why the truth can never come out

Certainly, all white men, whether professing Christians or not should welcome the success of missionary efforts in Africa. The degrading fetishism and demonology which sum up the native pagan cults cannot stand, and all Negroes will some day be either Christian or Moslems. In so far as he is Christianized, the Negros savage instincts will be restrained and he will be disposed to acquiesce in the white tutelage. In so far as he is Islamized, the Negro warlike propensities will be inflamed, and he will be used as the tool of Arab Pan-Islamism seeking to drive the white man from Africa and make the continent his very own.

By Professor J. Desmond Clark on the origin and development of man in Africa

Joe
Brian J Checco View Drop Down
General
General
Eli Manning

Quote Brian J Checco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2007 at 16:56
Originally posted by JanusRook

I would like to thank everyone for their response to what I have provided. I have used various sources whom which I agree and make no claim to their insight. This is my first forum and wanted to get some feed back on my thoughts. I will provide a list of the books and websites I have read and referenced to show that I have not in anyway tried to still anyone's work:

Hopefully we helped you out a bit joeamonroe. None of us were saying you were plagiarizing it's just when you list theories that haven't gained mainstream acceptance and don't list where you got them from anyone can come across as a bit of a crackpot.

I'd also like to point out to Janus that the Hebrews had not thoroughly adopted Monotheism by the time of Moses

Yes, but they were under no Monotheistic restrictions until Moses. The Covenant with Abraham was that Abraham and his family would hold God above all other gods. It was not until Moses that the Lord said "You shall not have any other gods before me." Meaning that the Israelites kept being punished for refusing to obey this commandments. Also keep in mind that the Hebrews weren't all "one" people at the time of the Exodus. They were an amalgamation of many different semitic peoples who traced their descent through Abraham. Thus they each had different cultures that were slowly uniting into a Israelite identity.

This statement from the Commandments has always intrigued. By implication, he could be stating that, "Yes, there are other Gods, but I'm head-honcho for Israel; forget those other guys." Therein, the implication is that God is just one of many Gods inhabiting the Celestial regions; it does not necessarily imply Monotheism, which is not only the belief IN one God, but the belief that there IS only one God. The Commandment does not lend itself well to the Monotheistic case.  That said, there are many Monotheism references in later elements of the Old Testament, but that statement in particular always caught my eye.
Brian J Checco View Drop Down
General
General
Eli Manning

Quote Brian J Checco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2007 at 17:01
Originally posted by joeamonroe

I have always felt like the bible told two stories. Such as man has bent the truth to fit his need (Lust for power) for example:

Genesis 1:27

27 So God created man in his own image,
       in the image of God he created him;
       male and female he created them.

Genesis 2:18

18 The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

In the first book of the bible we are taught that man is made first them women come from him, but as you can read for yourself in the bible it says he made both at the same time not one before the other.

This plays into men dominating women and treating them as second class people, why would GOD do that

*how could GOD create everything and forget to make man a mate when he didnt forget for everything else on earth

Finally this statement helps to explain how our heritage was taken and why the truth can never come out

Certainly, all white men, whether professing Christians or not should welcome the success of missionary efforts in Africa. The degrading fetishism and demonology which sum up the native pagan cults cannot stand, and all Negroes will some day be either Christian or Moslems. In so far as he is Christianized, the Negros savage instincts will be restrained and he will be disposed to acquiesce in the white tutelage. In so far as he is Islamized, the Negro warlike propensities will be inflamed, and he will be used as the tool of Arab Pan-Islamism seeking to drive the white man from Africa and make the continent his very own.

By Professor J. Desmond Clark on the origin and development of man in Africa

I'd agree, joe. Europeans have had some very distressing intellectual positions in regards to Africa and its inhabitants. That being said, so has the Arab world, which had practiced slavery in Africa for about a full millennium before the European slave trade became active. Africa has had a very hard time determining its own future for a very long time, and its history has largely been lost or glossed over in the face of ethno-centric monocultures.
That said, the proponents of Afro-centrist theories tend to be going about reclaiming African history in the wrong way. Stooping to the academic level of 19th century European racist historians is a bit of a step backwards...
Cheers
Janissary
Janissary

Quote joeamonroe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2007 at 21:09
I agree but the thing that hurts the most is that African Americans refuse not all to see the truth right in front of their eyes. Even with all the information out there we still walk around with our eyes close. Truthfully I don't blame white people. I blame us for getting fat and lazy after Martin Luther King Jr. pass and this doesn't mean everyone but I can say my parents and family didn't me my history like I'm teaching my son
Joe
Decebal View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Digital Prometheus

Quote Decebal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2007 at 21:46
To learn history and teach it to your children is very commendable. That being said, one trap that is very easy to fall into is to listen to unfounded claims and extremist viewpoints and base your knowledge on that. I have talked on this forum with countless nationalists, Euro-centrics, Afro-Centrics, Sino-centrics, you name it, and in the end their arguments are not only established on very shoddy foundations, but they become extremist. In the case of people who read Afro-centric works, and who start debating very controversial notions such as the Egyptians and Jesus being black, I always counsel them instead to focus instead on the wonderful and undisputed achievements of the African civilizations. That includes of course Egypt, but also Nubia, Axum, Ghana, Mali, Songhay, Kanem-Bornu, Monomotapa and many others.

It is time that African Americans rediscover the achievements of their ancestors, instead of focusing on how these achievements were portrayed by white racist scholars, or of trying to appropriate the achievements of others.
What is history but a fable agreed upon?
Napoleon Bonaparte

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.- Mohandas Gandhi

pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2007 at 00:34
Originally posted by longshanks31

The bible is like tequila

At least tequila is tasty.

Superb critique to Janus, by the way.

Join us.
Janissary
Janissary

Quote joeamonroe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2007 at 17:16
the problem I've found is that most of us love money and not each other anymore. I had a conversation with a young lady in which I tried to press apon her to see how her views impact others as well even if they don't believe what you do. Your right many have become so convicted in their views they can't see how they have become extremist as well. My view is that we all love the same GOD but we go about it in different way. I spent over 5 years in various countries due to my military service and the one thing I took from that is a love for others culture and way of life. I think we all have the answer if we take the time to listen with a open heart and mind. Whether Jesus is black or white or anything else the one thing he did do was love everyone no matter what
Joe
Janissary
Janissary

Quote joeamonroe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2007 at 20:58

First ask yourself why African history has been hidden to the world in most schools around the world and Greek history has been made to be the beginning. Then you need to look inside to see if the slave trade of Africans has screwed your perception to the point when you read African literature written by Africans can you effectively agree on an unbiased stand point. 

Finally Africans have contributed so much to all civilization to the point that if you removed us from the face of the earth most knowledge would leave with us

Joe
JanusRook View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Quote JanusRook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2007 at 01:44

First ask yourself why African history has been hidden to the world in most schools around the world and Greek history has been made to be the beginning.

The thing is is that Greek history has been seen as part of the succession to the modern era Greek>Roman>French>British>American whereas African history has mainly been relegated to the Ancient Egyptians in our school system, because Africa has not contributed nearly as much to our culture as those other groups (not to say they haven't contributed at all, just not as much as the Greeks for instance).

Finally Africans have contributed so much to all civilization to the point that if you removed us from the face of the earth most knowledge would leave with us

Well I'd say fathering the Human race removing Africans would remove humanity . However I'd disagree with that culturally as East Asia lived effectively outside of the Influence of the Western world. So China would still have lost little if Africans disappeared from history. I do agree though without Africa's contributions to history the world would be less than what it is today, but the same can be said about any culture really.
Economic Communist, Political Progressive, Social Conservative.

Unless otherwise noted source is wiki.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2007 at 03:17
The fact is, Greek history is central to understanding the development of the world.

Greeks contributed to the West with the following:

(1) The system of writing.
(2) Method of phylosophy.
(3) Axiomatic geometry (Greek invention)
(4) Abstract science (Greek invention)
(5) Pneumatics, Hydraulic, Pumps, Differential gears and thousand of other parts and pieces that are in the foundation of mechanics.
(6) First mechanical and mathematical model, and predictive as well, of the movement of the planets.
(7) The Iliad, Odyssey and most of the Classic works of the Western Civilization, and the oldest theatre recorded, are Greek.
(8) Diagnostic and the origins of rational medicine.
(9) Democracy
(10) Basic aestetics and principles of architecture.
(11) Hidrostatics, the first chapter of mathematical physics.
(12) The first studies of integral and differential calculus by Archimedes
(13) The first study of the conics by Appolonious.
(14) The first analitical study of Grammar

And that's only the beginning of a list that has several hundreds of entries, were the Greeks lead the world.

The fact is people admires Greece because its merits, not its color of skin.

jdalton View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote jdalton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2007 at 21:40
Originally posted by pinguin

The fact is people admires Greece because its merits, not its color of skin.

True, but, there are also many people who will DEvalue the merits of anyone whose skin is not the same colour as the Greeks.

As regards education systems: it is natural to include much on Greek and Roman and Western European history into the education of a member of a Western culture (the US, for example). The Greek>Roman>British>American chain of cultural influences is not imaginary. Though really it should go Mesopotamian>Greek>Roman>British>American. The real problem comes when some people, and I include many educators in this, assume that that's the only chain of influence that matters. Ethnically many Americans have entered this chain from other parts of the world (including Africa), there have been many many cross-pollenizations into this chain from outside it, and perhaps most importantly, ignoring the history of any country other than Greece, Italy, Britain, and the US will lead to a worldview profoundly skewed and even potentially dangerous in a rapidly shrinking world.

Did you know that the English curriculum includes at least one unit on West African history as required material? I don't know if all teachers in England actually teach about it, but they're supposed to. Canada has no such requirement. I don't know if the U.S. does. It ought to.
Lords of Death and Life (a Mesoamerican webcomic)
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Dec-2007 at 22:16

Well, how many units of Amerindian history includes the United States curriculum? How many about history of South East Asia? How many about Islamic culture? Or China? (Notice I am not asking about Hispanic culture at all LOL)

There is two matters going on here going on. One is the historical importance of Greeks that is undeniable. And the second is the lack of knowledge of the people of the Anglo Saxon world about the world at large.

Agree that you have to include the history of other places of the world as well, but why to put the strenght only in Africa? I believe it would be a lot more practical to teach the history of all the tribal people around the world, and of all the non-western civilizations as well. That would really show the full picture of mankind to students.

Pushing African studies against Europeans in the curriculum, just as a social justice cause, won't make the trick, and could backfire, as it has already happened in some places.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2007 at 07:32

History is taught insofar as it affects the target audience. With scant regard to anything else. In school I was taught everything about the Greeks and Romans distant civilsations, since they have a direct bearing on my country, the Greeks ruled here for many centuries, there capital is now our capital, Roman law influenced the laws of my country, be they via the British Law or via Islamic law. While we hear scant little about say Chinese history, despite the fact we share a land border with them. Reason Chinese interaction was not as importanat. Perhaps one hundred years from now it will be different.

In Bertrand Russels, "A History of Western Philiosphy", he has a whole section on Islamic/Arab/Persian philiosphy. Not because he was being politically correct, but since these civilisations being next to the western ones, have influenced and have been influenced by the west. On the other hand he wrote next to nothing about the "orient". Not because he thought it was inferior (he found it fascinating) but because it was not stricty relevent.
Janissary
Janissary

Quote joeamonroe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2007 at 12:31

the one thing you fail to say is that the greeks where educated in African "EGYPT" for some reason everyone seems to forget to add this part.

Also African predates Greece
Joe
Janissary
Janissary

Quote joeamonroe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2007 at 12:40

The miseducation of the NEGRO by Carter G Woodson good book to read if you haven't.

My issue now as I educate myself on my heritage (Africa) Im disappointed that blacks in USA stopped teaching our history (Not All). Their attitude is like we dont really need to know what happen, its not important now, why should we?  

Finally the churches are more concerned as they say with saving souls in death then they are while we are alive

Joe
Janissary
Janissary

Quote joeamonroe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2007 at 13:15
While your right, we need to know everyone's history but first we need to let the world know how important Africans have been to the world and our history didn't start during or after slavery.
Joe
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2007 at 13:37

the one thing you fail to say is that the greeks where educated in African "EGYPT" for some reason everyone seems to forget to add this part.

Also African predates Greece

Greeks not only studied in Egypt, a country they respected a lot, but also in Babilon. Besides, they had as teachers nothing less than the famous Phoenicians, and theirs heritage go deep into Crete cilivization as well ... All of them predate Greece. No African monopoly on here.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2007 at 13:38

While your right, we need to know everyone's history but first we need to let the world know how important Africans have been to the world and our history didn't start during or after slavery.

The world already know the relative importance of Africans before the times of slavery. The world also know that Africa is a huge continent, and that not all the regions had the same level of development.

That's nothing new under the sun for people that knows world history.

Edited by pinguin - 10-Dec-2007 at 13:39
Janissary
Janissary

Quote joeamonroe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2007 at 16:04

So your telling me that in your country they give Africans their just credit for what they have given to the world that the greeks claim they came up with or is it just a phrase saying they took classes in African lets move on next subject

Joe
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2007 at 16:17

So your telling me that in your country they give Africans their just credit for what they have given to the world that the greeks claim they came up with or is it just a phrase saying they took classes in African lets move on next subject

As I say before, in my country we give the RIGHT credit to each people in the world according to theirs merits, and also theirs relation to us.

Nobody is forgotten, but nobody is overstimated either.

By the way, do you have any proof that Greeks didn't invented:

Axiomatic geometry,
The first theaters,
The first differential gears,
The western (Greek) alphabet,
The first chapter in physics (hydrostatics, Archimedes),
Differential and integral calculus,
A mathematical model of the universe (Ptolmey),
The roots of classical literature (Illiad, Odyssey),
Rational phylosophy (Jonia)
Musical arithmetic theory,
The trirremes,
Concave mirrors,
The steam machine,

If you got proofs they just copied those matters on other, let me know.

That would be an amazing scientific discovery Shocked

Edited by pinguin - 10-Dec-2007 at 16:24
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>