Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why Have Muslims Been Hated in The West?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Poll Question: Why Have Muslims Been Hated in The West?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
3 [23.08%]
3 [23.08%]
5 [38.46%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [15.38%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Long Live The Mughals View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Long Live The Mughals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why Have Muslims Been Hated in The West?
    Posted: 28-Feb-2005 at 08:36
Vote or Be Dammed
Capt. Lubber View Drop Down
Shogun
Shogun

Quote Capt. Lubber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2005 at 10:33
I wish i could write something long and clever here. But I believe that it is due to basic cultural and religious differences. And that we have been set up against one another since forever historically. Crusades, turks in the balkans are a few conflicts amongst many

Edited by Capt. Lubber
Loke, Attila, the grete conqueror,
Deyde in his sleep, with shame and dishonour,
Bleedinge ay at the nose in dronkenesse,
A captayin shoulde live in sobrenesse
EvilNed View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote EvilNed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2005 at 16:50
Because Media portrays them as savages.
white dragon View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote white dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2005 at 16:55
Homophobic? Jews?
why are those even on the list?

Edited by white dragon
Pray as if everything depended upon God and work as if everything depended upon man.
-Francis Cardinal Spellman
Vamun Tianshu View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Vamun Tianshu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2005 at 16:55
It is because of the arrogant westerners who interprate Muslims as religious radicals who seek to destroy civilization.I personally will not answer this question,but some people need to stop letting the media propaganda take its toll,some people are so ignorant,they would look for an easy way to look at things and be lazy then look at things at their own perspectives.

In Honor
Turk View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2005 at 18:36
This has nothing to do with military history.

And judging from the answers you left us to choose from, you probably came up with this question with the mentality that there is nothing wrong with the Muslim world today.
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2005 at 18:48
Hmmm!! I do not know what homophobic has to do with this?????? I should get a straight pride shirt made! lol
What do you mean by Islamaphobia?
I do not think that most people hate Muslims but there is historical reasons to fear it. I respect someone who wants to worship the one God as Allah as long as all other non believers are respected as equals.
This web site explains our fears- it is not meant to attack Muslims or any religion!!

The Status of Non-Muslim Minorities Under Islamic Rule

http://www.dhimmitude.org/index.php
Dhimmitude: the Islamic system of governing populations conquered by jihad wars, encompassing all of the demographic, ethnic, and religious aspects of the political system. The word "dhimmitude" as a historical concept, was coined by Bat Ye'or in 1983 to describe the legal and social conditions of Jews and Christians subjected to Islamic rule. The word "dhimmitude" comes from dhimmi, an Arabic word meaning "protected". Dhimmi was the name applied by the Arab-Muslim conquerors to indigenous non-Muslim populations who surrendered by a treaty (dhimma) to Muslim domination. Islamic conquests expanded over vast territories in Africa, Europe and Asia, for over a millennium (638-1683). The Muslim empire incorporated numerous varied peoples which had their own religion, culture, language and civilization. For centuries, these indigenous, pre-Islamic peoples constituted the great majority of the population of the Islamic lands. Although these populations differed, they were ruled by the same type of laws, based on the shari'a.

This similarity, which includes also regional variations, has created a uniform civilization developed throughout the centuries by all non-Muslim indigenous people, who were vanquished by a jihad-war and governed by shari'a law. It is this civilization which is called dhimmitude. It is characterized by the different strategies developed by each dhimmi group to survive as non-Muslim entity in their Islamized countries. Dhimmitude is not exclusively concerned with Muslim history and civilization. Rather it investigates the history of those non-Muslim peoples conquered and colonized by jihad.

Dhimmitude encompasses the relationship of Muslims and non-Muslims at the theological, social, political and economical levels. It also incorporates the relationship between the numerous ethno-religious dhimmi groups and the type of mentality that they have developed out of their particular historical condition which lasted for centuries, even in some Muslim countries, till today.

Dhimmitude is an entire integrated system, based on Islamic theology. It cannot be judged from the circumstantial position of any one community, at a given time and in a given place. Dhimmitude must be appraised according to its laws and customs, irrespectively of circumstances and political contingencies.

For books by Bat Ye'or, see www.dhimmi.org

If you can logically dispute this with historic sources then I am very open- darn need to write two papers so back later!!
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2005 at 01:52
How about "Most terrorist groups that goes around killing innocent western women and children tend to be Muslim"?
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2005 at 02:09
The titles here mean nothing to me!! It is the exchange of ideas and thoughts across the globe, even if we do not agree!! Some poeple have tried to say the Oklahoma bombing was done by domestic terrorist but there was a Middle Eastern Connection also!!

The Third Terrorist : The Middle East Connection to the Oklahoma City Bombing -- by Jayna Davis; Hardcover (Rate

A book like this does not make me fear or hate Muslims because I know this is a radical fringe-10% to 15% of their population. But, what is the total Muslim population just over a billion??? What is 10-15% of that??? Reasons to fear!!!

Edited by eaglecap
TJK View Drop Down
Consul
Consul
Retired AE Moderator

Quote TJK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2005 at 03:08

This has nothing to do with military history.

Moved !

Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2005 at 10:18
Also because the Muslims are starting to form a large minority in Western Europe. It is very visible in large cities like Paris and London.
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2005 at 11:48

Originally posted by Styrbiorn

How about "Most terrorist groups that goes around killing innocent western women and children tend to be Muslim"?

Well, did you ever tried to find out the reason of their attacks? Maybe some western "barbarians" which seem to be "democratic" for all human beings in world media???

When you're talking about women and children murders, you should have a look at all ones, including Muslim women and children victims' numbers if your ideology sees them as "human-beings"...

Degredado View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Degredado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2005 at 14:51

Originally posted by Oguzoglu

Well, did you ever tried to find out the reason of their attacks?

O.K. I'm curious. What are the reasons?

As for me, I wouldn't be so irked by Islam if it weren't for the rhetoric spouted by the self righteous and by Islamic apologists.

Edited by Degredado
Vou votar nas putas. Estou farto de votar nos filhos delas
eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2005 at 16:40
I really do not like the question so much but I understand your point.

I can also ask why do some radical groups, in Islam, hate Christians and Jews?

I understand some of the anger historically but if you look at www.persecution.org you will see my point.

I know the Christains and jews have a dark aspect to their history so please do not side track but in an honest manner answer my question.

We have very few Muslims in Eastern Washington but a lot of Protestant and Catholics. I love the beauty of the Catholic Cathedral in Spokane and at Gonzana University.

I think a better question would be "why does the west fear the spread of Islam?"

I am not saying that there are not people or groups who hate Islam but most non-Muslims do not, they might fear it.

If your choice is to pick Islam as your faith then bless you but treating non- Muslims as lesser is wrong in my book. I do not think that all Muslims hold to that but it has been a common theme in history.
Styrbiorn View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Styrbiorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2005 at 17:41
Originally posted by Oguzoglu

Well, did you ever tried to find out the reason of their attacks?

Nothing excuses the killing of innocent women and children (and men, let's not be sexist). I simply don't care about their reason.

Maybe some western "barbarians" which seem to be "democratic" for all human beings in world media???

I'm sorry, but I really don't understand what you mean. Please rephrase.

When you're talking about women and children murders, you should have a look at all ones, including Muslim women and children victims' numbers if your ideology sees them as "human-beings"...

Que? I only answered the question what might cause fear/hatred of Muslims, not making some general anti-Muslim statement. The fact that these madmen kill Muslims too is unfortunately easily forgotten when your wife or kid is killed in a terrorist attack.
Laelius View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Laelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2005 at 18:32

The titles here mean nothing to me!! It is the exchange of ideas and thoughts across the globe, even if we do not agree!! Some poeple have tried to say the Oklahoma bombing was done by domestic terrorist but there was a Middle Eastern Connection also!!

Oklahoma was done by Christian fundmentalists

eaglecap View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote eaglecap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2005 at 18:47
Have you read the book?

The author is an investigative reporter and she has strong evidence that the bombing had help from Middle Eastern terrorist.
Another thing McVey was not a Christain and all the so-called fundementalist I know are very moral and peaceful people, there are fringe groups in all religions.
Read the book and then pass judgement!!
If you have a different viewpoint then prove it after you read her book!!
I have not read the book but I heard her speak on the Roth Show for three hours and her evidence is very compelling. But, I respect your opinion!!
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2005 at 19:05
Look every religeon has it's extremists.  It's a fact of life.  The major flaw of Relgieon, I happen to be a Catholic, is that it's founded by man and man is flawed.  Stuff that Muslim Extremeist groups do sucks, but so does the stuff that the KKK does and other people though.  Don't generalize.  Personally, I think Islam is a great religeon, and if I hadn't been born a Catholic, I would have been a Muslim..

Edited by Gubukjanggoon
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2005 at 20:25

My answer for this question is NONE OF THE ABOVE

Why dont America and the Arab world get along? BECAUSE THEY ARE SO SIMILAIR, extreme, seeing the world in black and white, unabel to make rational policy desisions....

Parts of America are like parts of the Middle East, adn where the constitution not there to protect rights, it is likely certain states would be like a Christian taliban.

Reactionaries always have alot in common, and thus they fight each other, a la northern Ireland, Israel and Palestine, and the crusades.  Why did WW1 initially have so much popular suport in all countries?  Because everyone in all the countires was equally bombastic and stupid!  Same goes on with this "cultural struggel" between muslims and christians, they are soo similar they simply must fight, and they see only absolutes.

"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
white dragon View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote white dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2005 at 21:22
interesting theory. it could very well be correct.

i havevery often looked at the major religons of the west(Christianity, Islam, and Judaisim) and thought at how similar they actually are...
Pray as if everything depended upon God and work as if everything depended upon man.
-Francis Cardinal Spellman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>