Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAll Empires Community Donations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: All Empires Community Donations
    Posted: 09-Oct-2007 at 14:36

We have always valued the free membership of All Empires and we wish to keep it that way for all times. Becoming a member of All Empires will remain free and all features of the main site and the forum will always be open to all members.

So far the Administration has kept AE running by paying hosting costs since the forum's inception. Now that we have a host we are pleased with we would like to ask you, our membership, to help share our costs since the new host is a bit more expensive than our former one.

Members who are willing and able to support us financially are given the opportunity to donate a small amount of money on a monthly basis or through a one-time donation. This way the membership can contribute by actively supporting All Empires and secure the future of our great community.

Click here to access the Donation Page - then make your choice and follow the instructions.

The Donations are made via PayPal - a safe and easy way to transfer money on the Internet. Millions of people are using it every day.
If you don't have a PayPal account already, you will be prompt to sign up for an account which is totally free.

The Administration of All Empires.

Edited by Seko - 09-Oct-2007 at 17:55
ulrich von hutten View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Court Jester

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2007 at 18:12

Can i donate in kind aswell? Dolphin steaks for example?

A question that is on my and without fail in other's mind. Is this donation anonym. Did you get an advice who donated and how much?

You know, Iclanders are publicity-shy.

Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Oct-2007 at 18:25
Originally posted by ulrich von hutten

Can i donate in kind aswell? Dolphin steaks for example?

A question that is on my and without fail in other's mind. Is this donation anonym. Did you get an advice who donated and how much?

You know, Iclanders are publicity-shy.

We don't aim to publish who donated what for the same reason as you say Ulrich.
That way, its up to everyones personal choice to make a post here about their donation.

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Oct-2007 at 17:31

For those of you who have already made kindly donations we appreciate that very much. Soon we will post our balance in the next few days with the latest update. Keep up your good efforts.

Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2007 at 06:37
How much is it per month if you don't mind me asking and what currency are you using on the donation page?
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2007 at 10:29
Originally posted by Balaam

How much is it per month if you don't mind me asking and what currency are you using on the donation page?

We have made three choices for monthly payments: 2 - 5 or 8 US$.
This way to donate is preset in USD.
Click the link in the first post, and you will see.

It is possible to send money in 16 different currencies via PayPal, if US$ is a problem for you. This is possible through one-time donations.
  • Canadian Dollars
  • Euros
  • Pounds Sterling
  • U.S. Dollars
  • Yen
  • Australian Dollars
  • New Zealand Dollars
  • Swiss Francs
  • Hong Kong Dollars
  • Singapore Dollars
  • Swedish Kronor
  • Danish Kroner
  • Polish Zloty
  • Norwegian Kroner
  • Hungarian Forint
  • Czech Koruna
More members have generously made one time donations already, and thank you very much for that. Clap 

The small monthly payments are thought to be donations almost anyone can afford. In time we hope they can match up to pay for the running costs. So they are equally very important.

Many small creeks eventually makes the river Smile

It is of course possible, at any time, to cancel the monthly donations if you should choose to do so.

~ Northman

Edited by Northman - 11-Oct-2007 at 10:57
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2007 at 08:55
State of The Nation

So far, we have had five donations.

The donations given are all "One Time" donations and very generous.
Thank You.

However, I'm a bit surprised that noone have used the possibility to donate a small amount monthly. This is actually the concept I believed was best for most members, considering the big volume we have of students within the membership. A students economy is usually nothing to brag about, as we all know.
It is also the concept I thought should secure the future on this new and much better hosting plan.

However, with the little interest shown this far, I might have been mistaken and would like to hear your opinion. 
Is it because most people think that 5$ or 2$ is so little that it probably won't help anyways?
That train of thinking is wrong - if as few as 15 or 20 members would donate 2$ a month - the value of a burger - we would be fine.
The Admins and staff will continue to donate as well, and together we could make it work. 

Let me hear what you think...?

~ Northman

Balaam View Drop Down
Housecarl
Housecarl

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2007 at 09:35
I would be donating as I would hate to lose this forum but unfortunately myself or any family members don't have a credit card. When I have access to a credit card of my own or one I could use every month I would be more than happy to donate.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2007 at 12:35
Credit card is the big thing. I neither own or desire one, and neither do my family...Is there any other method?
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2007 at 05:46
Well, I wouldn't mind making a donation; I have a debit card that can take money out of my checking account via paypal.  The problem is there is nothing in my checking account to take out.Embarrassed
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2007 at 06:22
I will shortly make a donation paying for an entire month of forum maintenance.
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2007 at 06:25
^^^ Clap  Wow, generous of you.
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2007 at 14:42
Originally posted by Balaam

How much is it per month...

Being that we have two domains currently, Allempires.com and Allempires.net (main page and forum seperately) our expenses have increased compared to having only one. The reason we added Allempires.net is to switch host/server. We are pleased with the results so far. The forum runs much faster now.

Back in the day of our infancy both Imperator Invictus and Cyrus Shahmiri maintained the forum's financial status and well being. That continued up until November 2006. Server issues at that time led to about a one week hiatus. Soon enough we changed hosts. I, Seko, made monthly payments to keep the gates of AE open for the past year.

Cost breakdown: 

Cyrus Shahmiri - payment for the original AllEmpires domain (allempires.com).

Seko - payments covering past and current monthly web-hosting/server costs. Future monthly hosting payments also for Allempires.com.

Northman - current payment for the domain Allempires.net. Current monthly payments to the hosting/server.

Members - Donations to cover our current monthly host/server costs and annual yearly domain fees for Allempires.net.

Not that we ever get tired volunteering our time and money towards the maintenance and betterment of All Empires in all of its facets, but we do appreciate the occasional friendly jesture to help us with our financial responsibilities. This host is a bit more costly and all.

We are asking that our members share in the $45 US monthly costs.

Thanks again!

Edited by Seko - 16-Oct-2007 at 14:50
Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2007 at 17:07
I have made inquiries about other ways to pay, but recieving small amounts in foreign currency per bank-transfer will cost way more in fee's than the donations. Sending checks or cash is not safe.
Ideas anyone ?

NOTE:

When you pay through PayPal, please fill in the message box with your AE-nickname.
Otherwise we only get your real name and who is that? Smile

Northman View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2007 at 18:08
In the mods room, it was suggested to offer a little reward for those who donated and thus became a "Contributing Member" - a CM Member

A few words about CM Members ...

A CM is a member who have donated, once a month or once a year in order to support the AE community and its future exsistence.

A CM is not to be treated in any special way from those who doesn't pay for any reason. Becoming a CM will not gain any special status or advantages. The satisfaction in knowning that the contribution support AE and secures AE for the future should be reward enough.
However, a little graphics is designed as a reward for the CM concept and can be included in the signature at each members personal descretion (check my signature).
A list of the CM's will also be published unless there is a personal preference for staying anonymous.

Those who already have donated, please PM me about your choice.  

~ Northman
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2007 at 19:46
All hail Estonia. Estonia doesn't support PayPal...

I've met this on numerous occasions... damned useless machines... A Pay-by-Mail perhaps?
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2007 at 00:52

I will be making PC debit card in a month or so. Would 5 dollars in Canadian be ok? (Or am I just being really cheap?)

Then again, Urich von hutton offered Dolphin's soul... so I don't feel too bad.

Join us.
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2007 at 06:28
Originally posted by Justinian

^^^ Clap  Wow, generous of you.

I've spent more money on far less worthy things. Seriously contributing is not asking much and I'm sure a few spare dollars is better spent on a fine institution such as this than in one of any number of trivial things people would otherwise waste it on. AE is a proud achievement and well worth it.
pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2007 at 15:25
How much does it cost to maintain AE forum?

Join us.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Oct-2007 at 15:30
My soul?! I already lost that when I started drinking!

Anyways, so cash by post is pretty much a no-no...?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>