Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Globalism

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Globalism
    Posted: 25-Feb-2005 at 04:59

Hello Everybody I am new guy at this forum. My name is Alias and I think it is great that I have found this site who's  members are getting together and chatting with each other from all around the world  . It will be fun to get to know you guys and discuss about different topics.  / Alias

I aslo had a topic to discuss about,  what will happend to the world in 100 years, I mean geographicly, political and econimical?  Or who will be thestrongest econimical power in the world and why ? Please share your thoughts !

white dragon View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Online Status: Offline
  Quote white dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2005 at 11:00
i believe that we already have a thread somewhere on the site.
Pray as if everything depended upon God and work as if everything depended upon man.
-Francis Cardinal Spellman
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2005 at 23:42
I hope its globalized..I love globailzation, reducing and eventually discarding ethnic and national identity for indivdual achievment, and me downloading myself onto the internet....perfecto signore
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
chaeohk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote chaeohk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2005 at 21:42
but globaliziton would also do away with many distinct cultures, languages, accents, and a lot of other stuff because a stanard would be set all over the world.....ex. not as much southern slang in teenagers in the south
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2005 at 04:47

so? can you argue a point based on how this will harm the world?  It wont, and the cultures of the past will be in our history books.

I want one wholly homoginized culture taking all the best from everything and discarding the worst.  No more gential mutilation, religigous terrorism, diplomatic understadning, loosing some quaint localities is a small price to pay for such a world.

-Alexander Hamilton
Cywr View Drop Down
King
King
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Cywr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2005 at 12:56
That's happening even withough the modern phenomenon of globalisation, though one could argue that a degree of globalisation has been happening for many centuries, even longer perhaps, just the pace has increased.
I don't think it would ever result in one single standard, its against human nature, someone would always do something different even if it was just for the hell of it, if anything it would destroy distinct boundaries, and create one constantly changing blur, with the distinctivness preserved within, you'd just have to make an effort to find it. Call it a mosaic if you will.
Arrrgh!!"
Cornellia View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Cornellia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2005 at 13:28

A mosaic is the perfect term.  You can see that in countries today which have a diversified culture...

In the US for example, immigrants from different parts of the world settled in different parts of the US.  Texas has a strong Spanish and Germanic flavor.

Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2005 at 16:14

Originally posted by Cywr

That's happening even withough the modern phenomenon of globalisation, though one could argue that a degree of globalisation has been happening for many centuries, even longer perhaps, just the pace has increased.
I don't think it would ever result in one single standard, its against human nature, someone would always do something different even if it was just for the hell of it, if anything it would destroy distinct boundaries, and create one constantly changing blur, with the distinctivness preserved within, you'd just have to make an effort to find it. Call it a mosaic if you will.

I agree, its nothing new at all, if it wasnt for corss cultural exchange we would stil be int he ancient era

-Alexander Hamilton
 Post Reply Post Reply