Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is there a way to shorten links?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Caoimhe View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Caoimhe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is there a way to shorten links?
    Posted: 28-Aug-2007 at 12:01
Is there? I know some forums usually have a way of replacing the actual link with your own words to tidy up those long and messy lnks.

And also while browsing around the forums I came across a link to an AE current affairs forum but it said I haven't permission to accessCry.  Is this forum some kind of secret members only AE club or is it some kind of long lost Shangri-la, a myth from some better time? Thanks!Big%20smile
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2007 at 12:20
There is a way to tidy your own links but that would make you work a few seconds longer at it. (take the original link and rename it).

The Current Affairs forum is in Intellectual Discussions. It is open to members with at least 100 posts. Our liine of thinking has been that over  time as a member reaches 100 posts he/she knows how to maintain a level of discussion fit for even intense forums like current affairs. Hence the level of maturity helps participation in that forum.

Caoimhe View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Caoimhe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2007 at 12:57
Originally posted by Seko

There is a way to tidy your own links but that would make you work a few seconds longer at it. (take the original link and rename it).

Sorry if I wasn't clear but that's what I'm asking, how do I do that?

The Current Affairs forum is in Intellectual Discussions. It is open to members with at least 100 posts. Our liine of thinking has been that over  time as a member reaches 100 posts he/she knows how to maintain a level of discussion fit for even intense forums like current affairs. Hence the level of maturity helps participation in that forum.

Cool. Thanks.
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2007 at 13:23
In that case you may want to try this out:

go to images and links (my link) in your profile.

fill in the addres with any link you want. You could keep the ' My Link' or rename that.

Edited by Seko - 28-Aug-2007 at 13:28
Caoimhe View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Caoimhe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Aug-2007 at 13:39
Do not follow. This is a test.

Thanks I didn't know how to do this either. I might just write all my posts in green or not.Big%20smile
 Post Reply Post Reply