Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

True Arabs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: True Arabs
    Posted: 28-Aug-2007 at 19:12

Originally posted by Ahmed The Fighter

I know we are all related cuz we are all semitic people excluding Iran

You gave the right answer for the wrong reasons.

Here is what Semitic is:

-A group of languages which possibly have had a common root very, very long time ago AKA a language group

-An alias used in modern English to refer to Jewish people

Here is what Semitic is NOT:

-A club

-A genetic group

-A racial group

-A group in which members currently speaking a particular language is indication of common ancestor

Korean and Finish people speak language that are in the same group as do Indians and British. Does that mean they are also "related".

Most people in the Northern Middle East are probably related, but that has nothing to do with "Semitic" or "Arab"

have you been in syria to know how they feeling about being Arabs pure or not the answer is 100% no.

so try to be objective.

Yes try to be objective. First of all there is no such thing as pure anything let alone something as questionable as Arabness. Some of Arabization is much more recent than you think. When the Western powers left middle east they mostly left puppet Arab Sheiks to rule the newly created countries because they seemed to be favorable to their interest and many people were forced to call themselves Arab to avoid persecution Iraq itself is a good example

but about their kingdom in Iraq the Lakhmid were in the heart of Southern Iraq, and their capital were Hira

What capital? Even if these people elusive excised. Most likely there extent was limited to some small desert village. Dont try to exaggerate

Penelope View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Alia Atreides

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Penelope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2007 at 02:13
Originally posted by Zagros

I really don' think the people of the middle east look the same - I can usually tell who is from Saudi, who is from Syria and Lebanon and North Africa, Iraq and Egypt - by looks. 

You must also keep in mind that just becuase a person looks a certain way, does not mean that the person is from a particular area. In most cases, it is entirely impossible to pin a region on a person becuase of what they look like.
Al Jassas View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Al Jassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2007 at 04:14
Hello to You all

Well Mr. Hani, Obviously you did not read my earlier post, so, read it and then come to answer me.

Secondly, All semitic languages are very similar to each other and the similarity between Aramaic and Arabic for example is stronger than that between english and Albania. The Grammatical structure is similar to an astonishing rate so as the root structure and other linguistic features. Remeber, Arabic grammer was used as the basis for both Hebrow and Syriac language without much difficulty and Arab author noted the similarities between Hebrow and Arabic long before modern linguistic studies.

Thirdly: Yes, there is a genetic basis for the claim that most people who call themselves semites are really semites and here are some links:

Thank You

Al-Jassas

Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Aug-2007 at 05:59
First of all Hani semitic is a racial and genitic please read Jassas's links.
second
your answer about Shiekhs is unfit to what I said,you can talk about any country except Iraq because I know about my country more than you know, I accept what you mentioned some people called themselves Arab but who they are? some individuals to protect their ranks in Saddam reign not a big masses acclaimed they are Arab and they are not.
from mousel to Basrah the Arabian tribe is exist and no need to tell you go back to my previous posts here to know.
third
I am not trying to exaggerate,Obviously you don't know anything about Arabs and Lakhmids dynasty as well as Ghassanid.
Hira was a big city as well as Busra the Ghassanid's capital I can't beleive I disscus this.
about pure Arab,Arabs are the most intrested nation  in lineage and geneology you can't argue in that.
so all Iraqi tribs I mentioned above are pure Arabs.
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Killabee View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Killabee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2007 at 17:45
Ahmed, Some Arab guy in another forum told me that the Arab tribe in Al-Anbar region in Iraq were Persian in origin. Is it true?
Killabee View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote Killabee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Aug-2007 at 17:50
Originally posted by Al Jassas

Hello to You all

Well Mr. Hani, Obviously you did not read my earlier post, so, read it and then come to answer me.

Secondly, All semitic languages are very similar to each other and the similarity between Aramaic and Arabic for example is stronger than that between english and Albania. The Grammatical structure is similar to an astonishing rate so as the root structure and other linguistic features. Remeber, Arabic grammer was used as the basis for both Hebrow and Syriac language without much difficulty and Arab author noted the similarities between Hebrow and Arabic long before modern linguistic studies.

Thirdly: Yes, there is a genetic basis for the claim that most people who call themselves semites are really semites and here are some links:

Thank You

Al-Jassas

Al-Jassas, how close is the relationship btw Arabic an Aramaic? I know that Arabic script derived from Nabatean Aramaic script. And they are both categorized in Central Semitic.

Azmuith , he is the moderator in here and he is an Arab from UAE, said he can understand 60% of the conversation in "Passion of the Christ" without subtitle.
Ahmed The Fighter View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Lion of Babylon

Quote Ahmed The Fighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Sep-2007 at 16:00
Originally posted by Killabee

Ahmed, Some Arab guy in another forum told me that the Arab tribe in Al-Anbar region in Iraq were Persian in origin. Is it true?
Sorry for being late Killabee,and that is not true there is a big misconception here.
the major tribe in Al-Anbar is Dulaymi tribe they are from Yamani Arabs from Zubayd tribe one of the biggest tribe in Arabia,some people thought they are from Daylaman in north of Iran like the Daylamids( Buwayhids).
"May the eyes of cowards never sleep"
Khalid Bin Walid
Ponce de Leon View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2007 at 19:18
I think anybody who likes very spicy food is an arab
azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Sep-2007 at 23:38

I think Al-Jassas covered what i was going to write here infact even better Smile,

in addition i would like to point that there is no such thing as pure race not 100%,  also Arabs are in the middle of the old world, through history many people passed/settelled/immigrated to and from Arabian penensula ( which is where the semitic originally from).

Originally posted by Ponce de Leon

I think anybody who likes very spicy food is an arab

LOL

omg  those are Indians not arabs ponce

Edited by azimuth - 16-Sep-2007 at 23:51
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2007 at 14:40
Hey now you are calling Indians arbas? Thats racist. I can tell an Indian from an Arab thank you very much.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2007 at 17:57
No, what you said is racist.  Anybody who likes spicy food is Arab? huh?
andrew View Drop Down
Earl
Earl

Quote andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2007 at 18:13
Originally posted by Zagros

No, what you said is racist.  Anybody who likes spicy food is Arab? huh?

Not only is it racist, it's also far from the truth. Tabouli, falafal, grape leaves, and humus and all you can conjure up is that we like really spicy food?

And we both look very different from Indians and share a completely different culture.
Caliph
Caliph
Lonce De Peon

Quote Ponce de Leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2007 at 22:23
dont sweat it big guy i was just being sarcastic on this one. Besides I already said I can tell an Indian from an arab. All you gotta do is check if they got a red dot on their forehead.
Zagros View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Suspended

Quote Zagros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Sep-2007 at 05:05

Save it for the tavern or another place.

azimuth View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
SlaYer'S SlaYer

Quote azimuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Sep-2007 at 03:42
another thing worth mentioning is that Arabs in middle of Arabian Peninsula had the purest Arabic language than the ones in Yemen and Iraq, because Yemen and Iraq had lots of contact with non-Arab nations such as Africa, Persia and Romans. while the Arabs in middle of Arabia had much less contact thats because middle of Arabia is mainly Desert and was not attractive to non-arabic nations and were more isolated and their language was not affected and kept pure, thats one of the reasons why Arabs from Big cities such as Makkah used to sent their kids to live their childhood in the desert with the bedouin people, to learn the pure Arabic language.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123