Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

War for Nagorno-Karabagh (Artsakh)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: War for Nagorno-Karabagh (Artsakh)
    Posted: 10-Mar-2005 at 11:11

I think you will replace "Christcrusader"... Good luck...

Turk View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2005 at 18:45
Originally posted by Molossos

those guys are only capable of wiping out defenseless women and children.

So I guess the Greek army is a bunch of defenseless women and children.
Molossos View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Molossos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Mar-2005 at 21:27

I was referring to the brutal genocides your ancestors committed against the Christian populations of Asia Minor and Pontus in case you pretended you didn't understand. By the way, you Turks should cut irony out, you are not good at it and don't try to improve. Stay as you are.

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 11:56

Seko View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Spammer

Quote Seko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2005 at 12:20
History is brutal. Certain countries or peoples tried to partition and take land from Turkey and they were kicked out.
ArmenianSurvival2 View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote ArmenianSurvival2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2005 at 04:07

Aright, since this discussion seems to be going closer and closer to nowhere, let me give my opinion on what i have read. Also from my visit to Karabagh in summer of 2004 talking to the locals. The event started out with the Armenian majority in Karabagh wanting to be incorporated into Armenian proper. They voted, and an overwhelming majority wanted Karabagh part of Armenia. There were peaceful protests by Armenians, then the Azeri forces got involved. You cant say who "fired the first shot" because none of us were there and i would have trouble believing either side due to biases. Bottom line is the situation got so bad that the Armenians in the region decided to take up arms and fight the Azeri government, because the Armenians claimed they were being discriminated (there are many reports i have heard of a couple of thousand Armenians killed in Baku). The Armenians took up whatever arms they could, most of them did not have proper military gear. Armenians had no tanks or planes, Azeris had plenty. Azeri military was double in size compared to the Armenian villagers in the region, and Azeris were gaurding cities which literally sit on mountains. The end result was 5,000 Armenian casualties compared to 25,000 Azeri casualties. Armenia took control of the land causing hundreds of thousands of refugees on BOTH sides. I shall continue on with this discussion i have to be somewhere else now.

P.S. I read a bunch of posts on the Armenian genocide in another thread....lets get together and have a mature debate like actual human beings. There is no reason for us to go psycho on each other. Just present your facts and leave your opinions to yourself. Im referring to everyone, not just those who oppose the genocide. Lets at least try to show we can be civil.....

erdal tigin View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote erdal tigin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 10:52

Armenians has invaded Karabag and killed many innocent people in Karabagh.Nobody can forget what happened in Hodjacl.This was the repeated terror acts of Armenian terror organizations Tachnak and Hnchak  after years later  as they did in eastern Anotolia during the 1st World War.They killed many Turkish Civilians and responsible of Turkish  massacres.

Armenians should  give up invading  Karabag and  leave the land to Azerbeycan  state.

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 11:51
Originally posted by Artaxiad

During which years those Armenian Kingdom was sovreign and existed?
Are Armenians calling themselves as Armenian or Hayks? In fact there was never a nation called Armenian.

Is this really a serious question? It was sovereign during late Antiquity, and a few hundred years during the Middle Ages... Some might also accept Urartu and previous kingdoms as Armenian, but that is subjected to debate.

wait a minute! you're counting years of independent Armenia under an Armenian government? well count ~ 2000 years of Iranian control over this land for start, then talk about who's got the right for Karabagh

"I won't laugh if a philosophy halves the moon"
ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 12:08
The bottom line is that NOW Karabagh is part of Azerbaijan. Whoever is unsatisfied with the way S/he is treated can move out to another place.

Let's give an example. for instance, I was born in Toronto, I love my homeland, it's been my family's home for hundreds of years, but now I feel terrible; I'm famous in town because I have a big nose, everytime I go out people stare and laugh at me. So what do I do? I'd leave for a peaceful place where all big nose people live together! [My own People!], I won't run a "revolution" with all big noses to seize Toronto and become the king of Toronto [The country!]. and then ask the Federal government [in this case is UN] to recognize Toronto as a separate and independent country! No... It's not the way it works. we're in 21th century, you can't invade, conquere, sack, celebrate and then control a land. You have to go through politics, and the most you may get is a political party and just wait and hope for your party to be elected as the government. THEN, you can have your independence. and one more thing... if the world supports you, you can cut a land off a country lost in a war!

Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-May-2005 at 22:47

wait a minute! you're counting years of independent Armenia under an Armenian government? well count ~ 2000 years of Iranian control over this land for start, then talk about who's got the right for Karabagh  

It was called Armenia, even when it was under Persian occupation. Armenians have always formed a majority in Karabagh... This conflict is strictly between Armenians and Azerbaijanis, but if Iran wants Karabagh, Iran should come and get it.  

The example about your life in Toronto doesn't work, because Iranians never had a country for themselves in Canada, or have never been a majority. Turks are the ones who ''immigrated'' and occupied Azerbaijan. 

And I don't think that you fully understood why the war for Karabagh started. Read http://nkrusa.org/nk_conflict/index.html

It's not the way it works. we're in 21th century, you can't invade, conquere, sack, celebrate and then control a land. You have to go through politics, and the most you may get is a political party and just wait and hope for your party to be elected as the government. THEN, you can have your independence. and one more thing... if the world supports you, you can cut a land off a country lost in a war!

Tell that to Turkey, and its' occupation of Northern Cyprus.

Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 01:22

I will repeat again and again.

If Azeris would have killed and attacked Armenians in that case Armenia would have right to prevent this. But there is not such thing in Karabag.

In Cyprus case:

1) Turkey is one of the guarantor states (Turkey, Greece and UK) of the Republic of Cyprus established according to London - Zurich international treaty. The rights of both communities in the Cyprus constitution have been accepted by tree parties.

2) Greece having been ruled ultra-right colonel junda since 1967. They have organised a coup d'etat in the island in 1974. The chief of this coup was a man called Nikos Simpson. The aim was to annex the island to Greece.

3) Turkey has intervened the island and secured Turkish population by occupying almost half of the island. Turkish population have been executed since 1963 in Cyprus. After this event military regime in Greece has fallen.

4) Turkey and Turkis Republic of Northern Cyprus have accepted the reunification plan of United Nations but Greek part has refused it in 2004 in referandum.

RESULT: There is a huge difference between Cyprus and Karabag.....

ramin View Drop Down
General
General

Quote ramin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 02:01

It was called Armenia, even when it was under Persian occupation. Armenians have always formed a majority in Karabagh... This conflict is strictly between Armenians and Azerbaijanis, but if Iran wants Karabagh, Iran should come and get it.
The majority is not the case, the sovereignty of land is. I have no intention toward the sovereignty over Karabagh by Iran. However, you may know that Turkmenchai and Golestan treaties are expired and officially Iran has the right to claim these 2 countries IF the soviet union wasn't divided.

The example about your life in Toronto doesn't work, because Iranians never had a country for themselves in Canada

And I don't think that you fully understood why the war for Karabagh started. Read http://nkrusa.org/nk_conflict/index.html

well it doesn't matter if Iranians don't have a country or even a city in Canada, because in my example I wasn't Iranian, but a big nose Canadian .

I'd rather not to read anything from a biased website. What I know is that after the fall of USSR, Armenia and Azerbaijan became independent and their boundaries were established peacefully and recognized by both of them and the UN.

It's not the way it works. we're in 21th century, you can't invade, conquere, sack, celebrate and then control a land. You have to go through politics, and the most you may get is a political party and just wait and hope for your party to be elected as the government. THEN, you can have your independence. and one more thing... if the world supports you, you can cut a land off a country lost in a war!

I don't believe there's a need to turn this topic to another Turk-Greco-Armenian topic. Turkey and Azerbaijan are NOT related in this case. They are two different countries with 2 different governments, even though they may be from the same race.
ArmenianSurvival View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2005 at 08:19

Originally posted by ramin

What I know is that after the fall of USSR, Armenia and Azerbaijan became independent and their boundaries were established peacefully and recognized by both of them and the UN.

But what you didnt know is whats most important. When Stalin was in power in the USSR he took the regions of Karabagh and Naxichevan from Armenia and granted it to Azerbaijan. Both areas had Armenian majorities, except now Naxichevan has seen all of its Armenian population exiled. This was not the case in Karabagh, where the Armenians remained the majority even after the fall of the USSR.

Originally posted by ramin

I don't believe there's a need to turn this topic to another Turk-Greco-Armenian topic. Turkey and Azerbaijan are NOT related in this case. They are two different countries with 2 different governments, even though they may be from the same race.

Sometimes being part of the same ethnicity transcends government and politics. If Turkey and Azerbaijan were not related in this case, then why has Turkey blockaded its border with Armenia? It is obviously the result of the conflict in Karabagh, and they logically chose to side with their own ethnicity. If Turkey chooses to pick sides and enforce a blockade, then what is the use to differentiate them from their Azeri counterparts?

BTW, i will be in Karabagh in 3 weeks .

Mass Murderers Agree: Gun Control Works!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Resistance

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Artaxiad View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote Artaxiad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-May-2005 at 22:46

Here's some footage from the Karabagh war (from the Armenian side, of course), coupled with patriotic music

http://www.jdemirdjian.com/2005Armenian%20Songs/Artzakh_vide o.wmv

Alparslan View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote Alparslan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2005 at 01:40
Originally posted by ArmenianSurvival

Sometimes being part of the same ethnicity transcends government and politics. If Turkey and Azerbaijan were not related in this case, then why has Turkey blockaded its border with Armenia? It is obviously the result of the conflict in Karabagh, and they logically chose to side with their own ethnicity. If Turkey chooses to pick sides and enforce a blockade, then what is the use to differentiate them from their Azeri counterparts?

BTW, i will be in Karabagh in 3 weeks .

We do not have much difference from each others. I can call myself Azeri.....  We speak the same language, I can almost %90 understand Azeri TV.

But with Armenians it seems like they will have demands on Turkey. It is sure that they hate us. So why should I love someone who hates me? It is sure that they want to harm us..... Why shouldn't I take the appropriate measure against this?

Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2005 at 15:43
Originally posted by Alparslan

But with Armenians it seems like they will have demands on Turkey. It is sure that they hate us. So why should I love someone who hates me? It is sure that they want to harm us..... Why shouldn't I take the appropriate measure against this?

Deporting Armenians is completely fine, but when we wage an official war and win, suddenly its a humanitarian crime. I dont understand this, your input on this comment would be appreciated.

You have to look at this from its proper context. In the eyes of Armenians (and others), the Turkish governments have oppressed and nearly destroyed our nation. Then the oppression in Azerbaijan which gave rise to the war. I dont think you would take it lightly if the same thing happened to Turkey. So if you were in our shoes youd be pretty pissed off. Think about it from our point of view for a few minutes. I mean really think about it. Then you can do anything you want, i just want you to think about it.

And Armenians dont hate Turks. The Armenians in Armenia do not even mention Turks. When i went there for 2 weeks last year, not one person i talked to mentioned anything about the Turks or Turkey, unless it was part of the historical tour. But do they push for genocide recognition? Of course. You cannot compare wanting to recognize the genocide with hate. I have no right to hate your people, and i dont, but i have every right to hate your government, and i do. Unless you worship your government, this shouldnt upset you. Stop thinking that we hate Turks because we want the genocide recognized. We are not saying "All Turks killed Armenians", we are saying "The Turkish Government killed Armenians". Huge difference.

I dont like the American government, either. Does that mean i hate Americans? No, I myself am an American, i just dont agree with the elite class, thats all. Do not make the mistake of equating this to hate.

Edited by ArmenianSurvival

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Jun-2005 at 17:49
Since some people are talking about the war in Karabagh in the Genocide thread, i figured i would bump up this thread for people who want to discuss it.

There is still no reply to my last post. I would like the Turkish forumers thoughts on it.

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Justice View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2005 at 12:40

From what i saw in my research from University sources Garabakh is part of Armenian for more than 2000 thousands of years and there was never such nation as Azerbaijan up untill a century ago.

Garabakh was part of Armenia and the vast majority of the area was populated by Armenians.Then Stalin gave it to Azerbaijan as an ''autonomous region'' ,and altered the boundaries so that Karabakh was cut off from Armenia and was smaller in size.

The next 70-plus years witnessed Azeri persecution of Armenian in attempt to drive them out and replace them with Azeris,as was done in the Armenian territoy of Nakhichevan.

In February 1988 there was a progrom (massacre) against Armenians in Sumgait, a suburb of Baku ,the capital of Azerbaijan.In November of 1988, there was a pogrom against Armenians in Kirvoabad(now Ganja),in the interior of Azerbaijan.In 1889-90 there are joint Soviet-Azerbaijan forced deportations of Aremenians living in towns and villages of Azerbaijan bordering Nagorno-Karabakh.In January of 1990,there was a pogrom against Armenians in Baku itself.

If anyone  accused for Genocide here is Azerbaijan and they should be taken to the international, court not only for commiting atrocities directed by their Goverment but because of being blatant liars and inventing a Genocide while they were the agressors in the first place and lost the war,by a bunch of volunteers from what i saw

Sources taken from University Michigan - Dearborn.

If it is to alter my statements use an Official  University sourse or you will be ignored for making propaganda, as usual.

Check the link
http://www.umd.umich.edu/debt/armenian/facts/karabakh.html

Or

Google Dearborn Karabakh and the second link is the Fact Sheet.

http://google.com/search?hl=en&q=Dearborn+Karabakh&b tnG=Google+Search

Edited by Justice
THEY WILL NOT PASS
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote ArmenianSurvival Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2005 at 20:30
Yes, no one ever mentions the province of Nakhichevan. In 1920, over 90% of the population was Armenian. Now, the population is over 90% Turkish, and there are no Armenians left in the province. The province belongs to Azerbaijan, and it is not even connected to Azerbaijan proper.

Likewise, the Azeris tried to do the same thing in Karabagh. Making living conditions tough for Armenians while purposely moving tens of thousands of Turks into the province. Azerbaijan was successful in destroying the Armenian population in Nakhichevan, but Karabagh proved to be too tough for them.

Edited by ArmenianSurvival

Քիչ ենք բայց Հայ ենք։
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2006 at 11:30
hah men are you crazy of 90 percent are you crazy i think you don't know history well you armenins or russians can you don't want us to be connected to Turkey am i right of course yes and you can't say nothing to me expect lie it's real history men but no Country wants to accept it b/c we are muslims and you europens want to muslims to be weak and there was no population of 90 percent don't say lies then in 1918 Azerbaijan had benn properly been connected to Nachcivan but then USSr took Zangazur and gave it to you so threre wouldn't be properly coonection beetweb turkish peole and Azeris. men read hisory again and carfuuly and pls don't say lies
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>