Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Objectification of Sex

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Brian J Checco View Drop Down
General
General
Eli Manning

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Brian J Checco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Objectification of Sex
    Posted: 03-Nov-2007 at 05:31
Originally posted by SuN.

Pre marital sex is not bad biologically. What may be bad may be the circumstances leading to it, or the effects after it. The normal marriage is 25-35 (In Asia) In the West, it may be higher & some people in the West I have heard dont like to get married at all. The age of puberty is in the teens. What is a person supposed to do in this big time gap? IF nature has given something at a particular time, there must be a purpose to it. If an unmarried person feels like having sex, it is not he who is to blame, The fault lies with the nature or God or whatever.

Not too sure what to make of this... why "blame" anybody? These are facts of life. Human beings get bored of the same sexual partner day in and day out. Not having been in too many long term relationships myself, and the few I have having fallen victim to lack of interest after the first few couple of months, I can tell you that there is definitely a certain type of person who grows bored with the status quo, if looked at from any angle. Besides, you only live once... I don't want to say 'live well,' but live 'fully.' Never say 'no' to a good time, I always say. Go out, get off the fargin' computer, and actively partake in the random chaos that is life... besides, gents, she's out there, just waiting for you to light her smoke or buy her a drink... step up to the plate. You might just hit a home run.

Motivational, etc.
BJC
SuN. View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote SuN. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2007 at 06:10
"Not too sure what to make of this"

What I am saying is basically similiar to what you said.
God is not great.
General
General
Eli Manning

Quote Brian J Checco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2007 at 06:20
Welcome to the liberal camp, my comrade. Let's break down the barricades and encourage people to behave like humans.
Cheers.
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2007 at 18:27
Originally posted by SuN.

Pre marital sex is not bad biologically. What may be bad may be the circumstances leading to it, or the effects after it. The normal marriage is 25-35 (In Asia) In the West, it may be higher & some people in the West I have heard dont like to get married at all. The age of puberty is in the teens. What is a person supposed to do in this big time gap? IF nature has given something at a particular time, there must be a purpose to it. If an unmarried person feels like having sex, it is not he who is to blame, The fault lies with the nature or God or whatever.
Yes, thats true but doesn't exactly apply all that well.  There are numerous biological instances that we have that is suppressed because we live in a civilized society.  (well thats what we call it anywayWink)  A mans natural instinct is to have sex with as many women as possible, because of society, rape, the rights of all people etc., we learn to suppress that instinct or not act on it.  That is something given to us by god but something that we make sure not to use.  The instinct to kill people is another one, though interestingly enough that is one instinct we have done a rather poor job of suppressing.
"War is a cowardly escape from the problems of peace."--Thomas Mann

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2007 at 23:42
Originally posted by Northman

Interesting topic guys.

I can tell quite a few posters having a hard time respecting a girl who is having sex (pre- or outside marriage). Let me ask you, is she in any way less virtuos than the guy she is having sex with?
Or is this acceptable for a guy?

It is not a matter of virtue, actually. If a man is lucky enough to marry a virgin woman will have the certainty that the lady avoided massive sexual activity when single LOL. Virginity just gives certain degree of confidence, although surgery could confuse matters Wink Yeap. I believe most men won't care much if theirs future wives had once or twice sex with theirs boyfrieds before knowing them, but will be really concern if they slept with the whole town! LOL

With respect to outside marriage sex that's different. It is just a matter of treason. Simple. Infidelity destroys the confidence and respect of couples, and it is very hard to repair it afterwards. That goes both for men and women.

Originally posted by Northman

And for the prostitutes too - are they any "worse" than their customers?

I would say they have a different and very "progressive" lifestyle LOL. Many women that don't practise prostitution dream to become as "progressive" as them.

By the way, the best way to integrate prostitutes to society is to hire them to teach theirs tricks to frigid women of unsatisfied husbands Embarrassed Wink

Edited by pinguin - 03-Nov-2007 at 23:42
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2007 at 00:20
LOL  Pinguin I always look forward to reading your posts, pure gold.

General
General
Eli Manning

Quote Brian J Checco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2007 at 02:01
Eh, I see infidelity as a natural function of the human felicity. I've started plenty of conversations with girls who have boyfriends. When they tell me that they're taken, I just tell them, "Sweetie, I'm not jealous" and conduct the rest of the affair as if they're single. Just because they have a boyfriend doesn't mean they're some alabaster saint on a pedestal. Hell, those are some of the best girls to get together with sometimes... you get a clean slate, unlike the marked chalkboards they to bring to bed with their significant others. Human beings are unfaithful animals... that's why there are so many more stories of betrayal then there are fidelity, and why we list fidelity so high up on the list of traits in a significant other...  because its one that's so hard to find.
Realist, etc.
BJC
longshanks31 View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Quote longshanks31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2007 at 22:31
so many pretty women such little time, if you can get it then why not, life is for living, philosophy wise i am a hedonist so i would say these things.
If its between two consenting adults (more if your adventurous) then why not.
i remember a  quote "he lived his life best he who enjoyed it the most"

I will not deny myself any pleasure on the basis of religious morals, im an atheist, to me religious morals are just rules made up by men to interupt my fun and pleasure.

There is nothing wrong in it, ive never seen hugh heftner with a frown and its rare you will see me with one either.
long live the king of bhutan
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2007 at 23:01

By the way, for men, tolerancy to infidelity is directly proportional to the beauty of women. The more beautiful they are, men become suddenly quite undestanding, and forgive everything Wink

The same goes for women, that forgive everything to theirs men, given they look like hollywood actors LOL

Conclusion: ugly people, respect norms of fidelity LOL
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2007 at 02:15
^^LOL  You prove my point yet again.Clap 

I will not take that any other way than that.Ermm

SuN. View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote SuN. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2007 at 02:44
The "probability of retaining Virginity" is inversely proportional to the "lack of Opportunity".

Edited by SuN. - 05-Nov-2007 at 03:03
God is not great.
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2007 at 02:56
^^Never has a truer thing been said.

General
General
Eli Manning

Quote Brian J Checco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2007 at 05:15
Originally posted by longshanks31

so many pretty women such little time, if you can get it then why not, life is for living, philosophy wise i am a hedonist so i would say these things.
If its between two consenting adults (more if your adventurous) then why not.
i remember a  quote "he lived his life best he who enjoyed it the most"

I will not deny myself any pleasure on the basis of religious morals, im an atheist, to me religious morals are just rules made up by men to interupt my fun and pleasure.

There is nothing wrong in it, ive never seen hugh heftner with a frown and its rare you will see me with one either.

We're passengers on the same ship. Live your life how you see fit, and when people start preaching at you, you can smile inwardly and know that they haven't the slightest clue as to what they're talking about... or what they're missing.
Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2007 at 05:30
Originally posted by SuN

The "probability of retaining Virginity" is inversely proportional to the "lack of Opportunity".

Originally posted by Justinian

The more opportunity you get the higher the probability you reject it?

I think you got the proportionality around the wrong way.
General
General
Eli Manning

Quote Brian J Checco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2007 at 05:49
And I think hot girls are less likely to stay virgins as long as ugly ones... algebra is always so confusing, ain't it?
Justinian View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
King of Númenor

Quote Justinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2007 at 22:04
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

Originally posted by SuN

Originally posted by Justinian

The more opportunity you get the higher the probability you reject it?

I think you got the proportionality around the wrong way.
Embarrassed  Whoops, yes I misread that.Ouch  The more opportunity the less likely virginity remains.

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2007 at 23:18
And I think hot girls are less likely to stay virgins as long as ugly ones... algebra is always so confusing, ain't it?

I think you'd be very wrong on that one.
Hot girls are picky, because they know they can be, and typically have fewer boyfriends later. Ugly girls grab the first boy they can and hold on as tight as they can.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2007 at 23:24
^^^^^^

True. Good looking, slightly mentally 'altered' girls are like that too. You know, the ones who want to know where you are every second and make you decide between her and your friends...?
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2007 at 01:25
The better looking ones do tend to go all the way first, because they generally have more opportunity to do so.
SuN. View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote SuN. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Nov-2007 at 03:27
The better looking girls in most of th cases would go through the process much before thay could become wise (or rude) enough to become so choosy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>