Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turkic Peoples

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Glyndwr View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Glyndwr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turkic Peoples
    Posted: 30-Jul-2007 at 12:53

Hi all, I've got a question regarding Turks. Are Turkic people recognised as being related genetically, or just by language? The reason why I ask this is because Turks from central Asia e.g Kazakhstan look quite different to Turks from countries from say Turkey in west Asia.

If Turks are infact classed as sharing common ancestors, why the diversity in appearance? The same could be said about other ethnic groups e.g Tatars.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

omergun View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote omergun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jul-2007 at 16:55
Hi,

`If Turks are infact classed as sharing common ancestors, why the diversity in appearance?`

İ want to start explaining with a familly tree, not only to explain the Origin of Trks, but also to give a view of how these things go.

Lets take an example of a familly tree for around 936 years. İ take 936 years because around 1071 with the Malazgirt War Victory, Trks began to settle in Anadolu(Anatolia), by spreading and made with time Anadolu their home for good. Of course before 1071 Trks were already in Anadolu, but lets start with 1071. 

How many generations are there between 1071 till 2007? Lets say that a new generation will start average in 25 years, then 936/25=37,44=37 generations.

İf you will look at the structure of your familly tree at a registration office, you will see that when a woman maries a man, you will see she is no more part of her familly surname.

Firstly lets say Trks generally married with Trks. But also some Trk men also married foreign women, and also Trk women married foreign men. Lets think most women will not carry on their Trkness, because the man is always dominant. With Trk men its not the same, because they are dominant. İn history people in every kind of nation, did look at their fathers origin to know their race. This is also the right way.
So this means that, the child of a Trk man who married a foreign woman will have a mixed appearence, but his origin will not change, because for next generation the child will marry a Trk woman. And also, what i know about the dna tests people make, the scientist look at the y-chromosome, the fathers side. http://www.dnaheritage.com/ystr.asp

Nowadays if people in Trkiye say they are Trk, that means they are Trk, and if they say they are Arab, Kurd, Greek, Serb or another origin that also means they are from that origin.This is so, because famillies never forget their origins and always carry on their cultures.

İf we look at the familly trees of a Trk familly in 37 generations and also accept the fact that Trks are ruling the area, and that Trks from Central Asia,İran area and other areas kept settling in Anadolu, and the fact that around 1900 there were only 10 million people in Trkiye(calculate yourself how many people there was before till 1071), and the fact that many foreigners would leave the area because Trks rule Anadolu, and the fact that during The War of İndependence Trks from old Osmanlı(Ottoman) ground gathered around in Trkiye to fight for their country,
we will see that there are a couple of foreigners in the familly tree of a Trk familly. The result of these few foreigners, will not change the race, but will only mix the appearence. This doesnt mean the basic Trk Appearence will change, you will always see The Trk Appearence, if you look at the structures of the face of a person. Dont look at the colours of the hair, skin or eyebrow, but look at the structure of the eyes and face. The similarity between Trks in Trkiye and foreign races who lived in Trkiye, is because of these colour simillarities(blonde, latino etc.). The most important are the simillarities of Trks in Trkiye and Trks outside Trkiye, this simillarity is based on structures.

Of course if you look from far, it is possible you couldnt seperate, but if you study someones face with effort you will be able to see.

An finally, these mixes count for every kind of nations, if you look at history there were foreigners in every nations ruled area.

As a conclusion, the efforts of people who try to break Trks from Trkiye and Trks outside Trkiye appart are needless, because this only will show 2 things, either you are a racist or you are not interested and dont have knowledge about Trks.

This is my second post in a long time, just like a wrote in my previous post, i want to say to racist in here(not to the topic starter ofcourse),
The grandfathers of Trkiye Trks are Oğuz Trks(a Trk Tribe). Oğuz Trks came from Central Asia, the people you seem to try to break appart from the Trks in Trkiye. Trkiye Trks and Trks in Central Asia have same blood and arent different. I advice you people to stop with trying to break us appart with terrorising terms like Turk and Turkic, we dont use those terms, we only use Trk.
ATTİLA
Glyndwr View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Glyndwr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2007 at 06:44

Thanks for your post, answered my question thoroughly and was very interesting.

Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kerimoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Aug-2007 at 18:36
My prefrence:

For RACISTS AND ULTRA NATIONALISTS - DNA, BLOOD, dont know which other craps

for Normal turks - Language, Values, Holidays, Music, Psychology, more or less race, beliefs, food and other elements of culture
History is a farm. Nations are farmers. What they planted before will show what is going to grow tomorrow!
omergun View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote omergun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2007 at 11:18
Since when is loving your race and country racism, since when is telling the truth racism? İ suppose you dont find it any problem that people are using terrorising terms like Turk and Turkic. İf there are these kind of terrorists, then for me the meaning of normal TRKS, are the kind who resist as far as their power and moral allow.

Edited by omergun - 04-Aug-2007 at 11:22
ATTİLA
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kerimoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2007 at 15:58

Arkadash!

Loving your Race, Nation is never ever can be counted as RACISM, but hating others, beginning from Kurds ending at Armenians for me, is RACISM

Telling the truth can never be counted as RACISM, and true man knows what is truth

Turk and Turkic is no more than understanding turkey Turks and other Turks

I am TURK and I am proud of it, with all my heart - I am ready to die any time, for any TURKISH country if his borders are in threat and will always be loyal to this! Buna shubhen olmasin!
History is a farm. Nations are farmers. What they planted before will show what is going to grow tomorrow!
Mortaza View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Mortaza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2007 at 16:27
Clap
Lmprs View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Quote Lmprs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2007 at 16:39
Acknowledging the existence of races is the first step to racism. Loving your 'race' is the second one. Considering your 'race' superior is the final.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2007 at 18:02
Acknowledging that there are no seperate races, there is just humanity is a step towards breaking the myths of racism.

We are all human, what seperates us is language, identity, socio-cultural factors, historical bonds, a sense of belonging and acceptance etc in other words nations.

The ideal of race or racial purity is totally ridiculous. Firstly were all human beings, how can any nation be pure? there is only one pure race and that is humans.

As for loving your nation and having self-pride in who you are, there is nothing wrong with trying to do your bit to better your homelands and its peoples. People with inferiority complexes feel the need to turn to racism as it makes them feel better to hate and try make another nation look so bad that it makes theirs look better.

As long as your comfortable with your identity and genuinly have love for your nation there is no need to hate others, people who are at peace with themselves can be at peace with the world.  

Turks are Turks, nobody unless they have a racist or pollitically motivated agenda can deny this.

Turks as a nation have their roots in Central Asia, around the Altay region where their language stems from. Turks from this region spread across the whole of Central Asia which became known as "Turkiston" and later into the Near East, Anatolia, Azerbaycan.

There is a common historical bond among Turks, the earliest state/empire to use the term Turk were the Gok-Turks, prior to the GokTurks another major Empire was the Xiongnu, ancestors of Turks.

The socio-cultural bonds are many, be they legends, epics, mythology, customs, superstisions, arts, music, foods, clothings, social structures and organistions etc

Edited by Bulldog - 04-Aug-2007 at 18:09
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

omergun View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote omergun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2007 at 08:45
'but hating others, beginning from Kurds ending at Armenians for me, is RACISM'

When did you see me write anything racist about Armenians or Kurds? Quote me one word which shows that. My words were for the ones on this forum who are  trying to terrorize us.

TRKS are no racists, we dont have it in our characters, so instead of calling me a racist, go further deep in the subject i was referring to. I hate everyone who does wrong against TRKS, but im never a racist.

Look, i live in Holland, here, where there are no terrorists, where the foreigners dont try to terrorize the country(there are 2 kinds of terrorists, ones who make cowardly attacks with help of usa, and the ones who try to terrorize the country with politics, media etc.). While there are no such dangers in Holland or another eu country, its a fact that most people hate foreigners. But in Trkiye, with all these problems, people dont hate foreigners. We only hate the terrorists(whom are great percentage of foreigners) in our country. Im trying sketch the situation, do you understand what i mean?

Arkadasim, benim ne demek istedigimi sanki anlamiyormusunki benim uzerime anlamsizca geliyorsun. Ben bu forumdaki irkcilara, Trk dusmanlarina yazarken, sen bana irkci diyorsun. Ben senin ne demek istedigini anliyorum, ama benim uzerime gelmen cok yanlis bence.

As a conclusion, we have to know who is the real racist, and that we must discuss why people dont want that Trks in Trkiye and Trks outside Trkiye are considered the same, while these people already consider themselves as brothers and while it is a fact that they are from same origin.
ATTİLA
Beylerbeyi View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 06:53
Hi all, I've got a question regarding Turks. Are Turkic people recognised as being related genetically, or just by language?

Just by language.

I advice you people to stop with trying to break us appart with terrorising terms like Turk and Turkic, we dont use those terms, we only use Trk.

Like everything else Orengun wrote, this is wrong. Turks are Turks, Kazakh are Kazakh, they are very different. No Kazakh calls himself Turk.

Edited by Beylerbeyi - 06-Aug-2007 at 06:58
Glyndwr View Drop Down
Immortal Guard
Immortal Guard

Quote Glyndwr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 07:09
When I started this thread I felt that I was asking a valid question, if I had felt it wasn't then I wouldn't have bothered. I didn't inted to offend people, because to be quite honest to some how find racism in the question is a pretty hard task, being as there are no derogatry comments towards Turks, or any suggestion of Turks being an inferior people because that is not the case.

This thread has been used as an excuse to rant about irrelevant topics like racism, terrorism and politics. If you wish to express your opinions that's fine, but do it some where else.

Edited by Glyndwr - 06-Aug-2007 at 07:13
omergun View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote omergun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 10:25
Originally posted by Beylerbeyi

Hi all, I've got a question regarding Turks. Are Turkic people recognised as being related genetically, or just by language?

Just by language.

I advice you people to stop with trying to break us appart with terrorising terms like Turk and Turkic, we dont use those terms, we only use Trk.

Like everything else Orengun wrote, this is wrong. Turks are Turks, Kazakh are Kazakh, they are very different. No Kazakh calls himself Turk.

So these 3 little sentences is your argument for this subject, how pathetic. Come with facts, say why my arguments are wrong, come with contra-arguments. If there is something you cant accept then thats your own problem, dont soil the area with your dirt.
ATTİLA
omergun View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote omergun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 10:28
Originally posted by Glyndwr

When I started this thread I felt that I was asking a valid question, if I had felt it wasn't then I wouldn't have bothered. I didn't inted to offend people, because to be quite honest to some how find racism in the question is a pretty hard task, being as there are no derogatry comments towards Turks, or any suggestion of Turks being an inferior people because that is not the case.

This thread has been used as an excuse to rant about irrelevant topics like racism, terrorism and politics. If you wish to express your opinions that's fine, but do it some where else.

The fact that i wrote politically was because i had to answer someone who accused me with racism. My first post was an answer to your question, whom is a sensitive question.
ATTİLA
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 10:58
So these 3 little sentences is your argument for this subject, how pathetic. Come with facts, say why my arguments are wrong, come with contra-arguments. If there is something you cant accept then thats your own problem, dont soil the area with your dirt.

Pathetic is someone who lives in Holland, can't write Turkish properly, yet tries to teach Turks and Kazakhs like us who we are.

I was brief because I am bored of dealing with wiki-nationalists like you after years in this forum.

If you want to learn, go to search function and type my username and 'Turkish DNA'. You'll find many pages.
Kerimoglu View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote Kerimoglu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 14:16
Mortaza, thanks for apploud.

Feanor and Bulldog - I use race in stead of nation and mean the same , like Turkish race-Turkish nation - therefore I meant Loving your nation - becouse I did not want to repeat the same thing over and over. Coming to Irk's, its literal meaning is very known to me.

Dear Omergun:

I never sow u writing that u hate Armeninas or whatever and I read your post as well. the case is, I did not answer to you, my respond was to the question of the topic, just like Beylerbeyi did. I agree with you writing as well but this is common and I thing everybody knows it - but not everybody wants to accept.

Feanor:

1. I love my Nation - The Turkish Nation. I call it kinda patriotism/ It is subjective.
2. I do recognise Turkish nation. I never count it superior. The whole human race is superior if everyone will understand who they are and why they have come to this earth - what is their mission.

Beylerbeyi, Yes, i call myself Azeri, and in international conferences as well, but there is a difference my friend, where u cannot explain it in English:

Millet anlayishi ve Halk anlayishi. Azerbaycan Halki var. Amma Azerbaycan milleti diye bir anlayish yokdur. Millet Azerbaycan Halkinin ihcinde yashayan Turk, Lezgi, Talish (Irandilli), Chechen, Ermeni ve s. lerdir.

Aynisi Kazaklara da ait - kazax halki var, milleti yokdur. Onlar zaten Kypchak, Kirgiz felan.
Bulldog View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph

Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 16:00
Beylerbeyi

Kazak are Turk, Central Asian Turks are the reason there is a single Turk in what is today Turkiye.

I mean common, do you think you landed off a rocket from outer space, how did Turks get to the Near East, or Anatolia, this is a history forum for goodness sake.

No Kazak calls himself a Turk huh?
Let's read what the president of Kazakistan, Sultan Nazarbayev has to say about this.

Mr. POPE: Yeah, the president of Kazakhstan. He says, `I am a Turk.' And you look at him slightly oddly because Turk now means a citizen of Turkey. He says, `No, not like that. We sent armies from here 500 years ago, a thousand years ago, to conquer Turkey. They married the local population, and now they're called Turkey. But the real Turks are still here in Central Asia, and it's us.'  

Its totally ignorant to try and deny the Turkishness or Turkicness of Central Asian, Turkistoni Turks.

Generally alot of Central Asian Turks do not deny they are Turkic, they have a problem with some Turkey Turks thinking they are big brothers or the only Turks in the world.

If your from Turkey and are a Turk from there the reason your a Turk is because of Central Asia the Turks homeland, they bought the language, identity other factors with them.

Beylerbeyi
If you want to learn, go to search function and type my username and 'Turkish DNA'.

You have an obsession with DNA and racialistic ideals.

DNA, genetics etc have nothing to do with what makes up a nation.

What makes a Turk a Turk?
It is identity, language, historical bonds and connections, socio-cultural factors and so on.

It is not DNA.

Look, somebody could be the direct descendant of "Oghuz Khan" or "Mete Khan", however, if this person cannot speak any form of Turkic, does not have a Turk identity, has lost all socio-cultural aspects and so on, it wouldn't matter at all.
Somebody eight generations back who had Ethiopian descendants but today had mother tongue Turkish, identity Turk, accepted and feels allegience to being of the Turk nation then this person is a Turk fullstop.

Kerimoglu
Millet anlayishi ve Halk anlayishi. Azerbaycan Halki var. Amma Azerbaycan milleti diye bir anlayish yokdur. Millet Azerbaycan Halkinin ihcinde yashayan Turk, Lezgi, Talish (Irandilli), Chechen, Ermeni ve s. lerdir.

Aynisi Kazaklara da ait - kazax halki var, milleti yokdur. Onlar zaten Kypchak, Kirgiz felan.

Clap Ha, duz dedin.

Edited by Bulldog - 07-Aug-2007 at 14:23
      What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pine

omergun View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote omergun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2007 at 19:37

Pathetic is someone who lives in Holland, can't write Turkish properly, yet tries to teach Turks and Kazakhs like us who we are.

I was brief because I am bored of dealing with wiki-nationalists like you after years in this forum.

If you want to learn, go to search function and type my username and 'Turkish DNA'. You'll find many pages.

I have a foreign keyboard, thats why i didnt use some Trk characters, that doesnt mean i cant write Trkish properly.

I think finally Kerimoglu understood what my point was, and the last 2 posts of him and Bulldog is an answer to you.

Edited by omergun - 06-Aug-2007 at 19:38
ATTİLA
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Beylerbeyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2007 at 09:16
Let's read what the president of Kazakistan, Sultan Nazarbayev has to say about this.

Mr. POPE: Yeah, the president of Kazakhstan. He says, `I am a Turk.' And you look at him slightly oddly because Turk now means a citizen of Turkey. He says, `No, not like that. We sent armies from here 500 years ago, a thousand years ago, to conquer Turkey. They married the local population, and now they're called Turkey. But the real Turks are still here in Central Asia, and it's us.'  

Perfect example. He says he is a Turk, but says people of Turkey are not real Turks. And that's what I mean, no Kazakh would call himself a Turk, as in Turkish.

If you believe the President, and think the people of Turkey are not real Turks, then yes, Kazakhs would say that they are Turks. However, like the source who tells this anecdote says, for the world Turk means someone from Turkey. I use it in that meaning, and I say that no Kazakh (except for a crazy fringe) would say that she is a Turk. No more than a Turk would say she is Kazakh. 

I know the Kazakhs well, most speak Russian at home, let alone call themselves Turks. They are a different people, a different ethnicity, a different nation than Turks. Anyone who believes otherwise lives in the teletubbies universe.

Its totally ignorant to try and deny the Turkishness or Turkicness of Central Asian, Turkistoni Turks.

Turkicness and Turkishness are not the same. Kazakh are Turkic, but they are not Turkish.

Are you an imbecile? The original poster asked this question in the first post:

Are Turkic people recognised as being related genetically, or just by language?

I answered it, and immediately got attacked by two wiki-nationalists...
omergun View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote omergun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Aug-2007 at 11:16

Perfect example. He says he is a Turk, but says people of Turkey are not real Turks. And that's what I mean, no Kazakh would call himself a Turk, as in Turkish.

If you believe the President, and think the people of Turkey are not real Turks, then yes, Kazakhs would say that they are Turks. However, like the source who tells this anecdote says, for the world Turk means someone from Turkey. I use it in that meaning, and I say that no Kazakh (except for a crazy fringe) would say that she is a Turk. No more than a Turk would say she is Kazakh. 

I know the Kazakhs well, most speak Russian at home, let alone call themselves Turks. They are a different people, a different ethnicity, a different nation than Turks. Anyone who believes otherwise lives in the teletubbies universe.

Turkicness and Turkishness are not the same. Kazakh are Turkic, but they are not Turkish.

Are you an imbecile? The original poster asked this question in the first post:

Are Turkic people recognised as being related genetically, or just by language?

I answered it, and immediately got attacked by two wiki-nationalists...

Seriously, i have a couple of questions to you==>

1. Are you a Trk?

2. If no, with all these facts, why dont you want to accept that a Trk and a Kazak are the same? What are you afraid of?

3. If yes, why do you hate Trks in Trkiye? I mean we have all same origin, our greatgrandfathers come from same stock, we are brothers, what is it that you dont like of Trks in Trkiye? These people are the sons of the heroic warriors who moved from Central Asia to conquer and make a home of countries like Trkiye(just like the President of Kazakistan in the example Bulldog gave says).

4. If a Kazak speaks Russian at home for some times, it doesnt mean they dont feel themselves Trk, on the contrary im sure they dont like Russians and feel proud to say they are Trks. Many Trks who live in Germany, Holland, England etc. also speak some of their times the language of their area, because they got their education in that language. But this doesnt mean we dont speak Trkish, on the contrary, we speak more Trkish and we carry on our Trk Culture and Identity everywhere. The local people get confused, when they see how Trk people carry on their Culture and Identity everywhere. The same doesnt count for the foreigners who arent Trk, people like Arabs, Indians and others, lose most of their Identity and Culture.

The situation in Kazakistan isnt same, but because Kazakistan is an Independent Republic for not so long, it is quite normal they speak sometimes Russian.
ATTİLA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>