Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Japanese Invasion of Chinese Daiyu Tai Islands

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
battleaxe View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Online Status: Offline
  Quote battleaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Japanese Invasion of Chinese Daiyu Tai Islands
    Posted: 09-Feb-2005 at 20:20
is there a historical reason for saying the diaoyu/senkakus are chinese rather than japanese or independent altogether?
Tobodai View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
Retired AE Moderator

Quote Tobodai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2005 at 21:07
I have to agree with sinosword, the current government of china deserves squat, the government must change for the better and when it does so not only will people not dare to grab "chinese" posesions, those posessions will be loyal to China.
"the people are nothing but a great beast...
I have learned to hold popular opinion of no value."
-Alexander Hamilton
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2005 at 21:24

"is there a historical reason for saying the diaoyu/senkakus are chinese rather than japanese or independent altogether? "

Yes, there are documents tracing back to the 15th century stating Chinese sovereighty over Daiyu Tai Islands. Daiyu Tai Islands were first landed by the Ming Imperial Navy during the 15th Century, and were incorporated into Ming's territories. During the Qing dynasty, these Islands were granted to an Imperial Official as present by the Emperor. The Islands are right off the coast of Taiwan and are around 75 miles away from the Chinese Mainland. The first Japanese visit on the Islands were during the 18th century, and they were not made part of Japan nor Japanese controlled territories until the Qing government ceded Taiwan and some offshore Islands along with Daiyu Tai Islands to Japan in 1895 after the defeat of Sino-Japanese War. However, after Japanese's surrender of WW2 in 1945, Taiwan and Daiyu Tai Islands were to be returned to China like Korea was no made independent from Japan. Taiwan was returned as a result. But the inpopulated Daiyu Tai Islands were never returned formally. However, oil resources have been discovered near the Daiyu Tai Islands, and the Japanese government has started to claim the region just because of its control over the region including Taiwan and Chinese offshore Islands as an invading colonial power during WW2 and the beginning of the 20th century.

They are more than 500 miles away from the Japanese Main Islands. Japan's action of claiming Daiyu Tai is like the UK claiming some islands off the Italian coast.

I think the CCP government is doing the right thing now. China is developing its economy now. It is not a right time to start a military conflict in the region over the dispute. The CCP government has announced that the Japanese government's action is unlawful.

Edited by coolstorm
���DZj�~�� ��������
�� �� �C �q �D �� �� �� �� �T �� �� �g �A �� �� �� �� �� �U �N �� ��
warhead View Drop Down
General
General

Quote warhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2005 at 15:04
Obviously Yobodei knows nothing but contempt for PRC, he couldn't even tell the collapse of a regime's disastrous concequence, just ignore his comments. If anything that would destroy the political status of China it is the collapse of the PRC, no matter how corrupt it is, it mustremain in power at all cost.
Jalisco Lancer View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan

Retired AE Moderator

Quote Jalisco Lancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2005 at 16:27

warhead, about your comment above, please kindly comtempt your disqualifications about other members opinions.

Should I remind you the Code of Conduct ?

There are other ways to express your disagreement about an opinion than just disqualifying other's comment.

Regards
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2005 at 16:36
sinosword, what movie is your sig from?
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2005 at 17:42

Originally posted by Catt

If I am not wrong, it's from the new CCTV Chinese series about Emperor Han Wudi named "Han Wu Da Di", meaning the great Emperor of Han Wudi. Under his rule, Han dynasty reached the zeith of power and expansion. It's one of the most glory periods of China.

Edited by coolstorm
���DZj�~�� ��������
chaeohk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote chaeohk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2005 at 17:48
isn't japan also like claiming a korean island as thier own... forgot the name at the moment...
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2005 at 17:57
Originally posted by chaeohk

isn't japan also like claiming a korean island as thier own... forgot the name at the moment...
I heard about a Korean single handly got an island back from Japan and guard it till the ROK government took over. Hope ROC or PRC have some one like him.
coolstorm View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote coolstorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2005 at 17:59

"isn't japan also like claiming a korean island as thier own... forgot the name at the moment... "

Yes, they are. They are not only aggressive to the Chinese but also the Koreans. They also claim East China sea as part of their economic zone. But, the thing is in the case of the Korean Island, the Korean government has sent troops to occupy the island before the Japanese. Because of environmental factors, Daiyu Tai Islands are too small for a large military settlement. It's also too close to Taiwan that makes it very sensitive for the PLAN to occupy it. The Japanese militarist supporters built the light house and have forbidden other people to approach the region. A Hong Kong civilian was killed in 1996 on an attempt to get close to the Islands for a protest. Occasionally, there are Chinese protestors from Mainland, Hong Kong, and Taiwan attempting to land on the Islands to demonstrate Chinese sovereighty. The Japanese navy often use violent actions to stop the civilians.

Edited by coolstorm
���DZj�~�� ��������
chaeohk View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote chaeohk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2005 at 18:03
ummm any suggestions on why they are claiming other country's land.... i have heard that the East Sea was changed to Sea of Japan after they paid the mapmakers or something and that they changed Corea to Korea cause it was in front of Japan in the alphebet...has anyone else heard these..... in my opinion.. i think its more like peaceful conquering ,oxymoron.
cattus View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Retired AE Moderator

Quote cattus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2005 at 18:05
Originally posted by coolstorm

If I am not wrong, it's from the new CCTV Chinese series about Emperor Han Wudi named

hmm, if thats the case i will keep an eye out. I stream CCTV sometimes.
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2005 at 18:09
The Korean island is referred to as Dokdo(KRN), Takeshima(JPN), Liancourt Rocks(ENG)...I wouldn't refer to it as a "Millitary" force.  From what I understand, it's a "Police" force...it's a bunch of rocks sticking out in the middle of the ocean which is home to random flowers and crapaholic sea birds.  IMHO the only real value it has is fishing rights around the island.
sinosword View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote sinosword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2005 at 20:36

Originally posted by Catt

It as if comes from a MV named "Jing Zhong Bao Guo" which is about a Chinese Han native hero whose name is Yue Fei. But I can't sure. This picture has some Chinese words. The two small one on left is the name of Yue Fei. The four big one on right is a Yue Fei's handwriting which means to return our lands. Now, I also want to tell Japanese to return our Diaoyu island. Coolstorm maybe confuse it. But the "Han Wu Da Di" is really an excellent series.   

Edited by sinosword
sinosword View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote sinosword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2005 at 20:37

These pics show the islands which have been claimed by Japan. The top left one is China's Diaoyu island and the down right one is Korea's Dokdo island.

The location of Diaoyu

Chinese protestor are opposing the invading from Japan

Chinese people land on Diaoyu

Edited by sinosword
Elanjie View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote Elanjie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2005 at 22:15

Nationalism, it is a double blade sword. On this forum,i hope all my Compatriot to maitain gentle as possible as you can.And do consider the other memebers' thoughts.

"Profits of nation" is more often used of "title" to solute any things by japanese government, to claim their so-called "Maturity" in diplomatic and political policies.What ever they do now, there must be some other plan beneath it.It is funny, the Taiwan government had just claimed their position and attitude on Diaoyu island, they say the island is of Taiwan.

On this site,we should not be "young man with anger" any more.

battleaxe View Drop Down
Janissary
Janissary

Quote battleaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2005 at 23:56
I think it is sort of dangerous to intimately connect Japan's position regarding Dokdo/Takeshima and Diaoyu/Senkaku, to say if Japan is right in one it is right on the other, or if japan is wrong in one it is automatically wrong in the other. The two islands have different historical situations. By the way, with japan claiming islands 500 km off, doesn't China also claim the Spratly Islands off the Vietnamese/malaysian coasts that are far from its own body?
Gubook Janggoon View Drop Down
Sultan
Sultan
Retired Global Moderator

Quote Gubook Janggoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2005 at 00:35
So what does China plan to do about this?
 Post Reply Post Reply