Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A little uni advice...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A little uni advice...
    Posted: 03-Jul-2007 at 03:53

I love english literature- I have a great passion for the book as an object and the literature which it contains. It's just that obviously english is a subject which one does at many levels at the UK, and I'll only have ONE chance to do Assyriology. I'm still interested in English literature - heavily, but i'd rather do another historical period to cement my chosen disicpline - classics and ancient near eastern studies.

Sharrukin View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote Sharrukin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2007 at 21:26
If you do classics with Assyriology, it will give you the ground work to go into Sumeriology.  The three combined will give you a well-balanced background into everything ancient Middle Eastern and European, and will give you more options into what specific historical discipline you will want to ultimately focus on. 
Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2007 at 15:15
Go with Assyriology, I loved it. Our lecturer was clearly an admirer of the militaristic brilliance and pragmatism of the Assyrian Empire.
Dolphin View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke

Suspended

Quote Dolphin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2007 at 10:13
English literature in my humble opinion.

Just don't hold it against me if you don't like it!
Spartakus View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
terörist

Quote Spartakus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2007 at 10:01

I cannot help you here. Why don't you ask Sharrukin? He knows a lot about Ancient Middle Eastern Civilizations.

"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them. "
--- Joseph Alexandrovitch Brodsky, 1991, Russian-American poet, b. St. Petersburg and exiled 1972 (1940-1996)
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2007 at 08:54

Right, I've decided for uni that I want to do a joint in classics with one other humanities or histories subject, which one of these do you think that I should do?

Classics and English literature

Classics and Assyriology

Classics and Sumeriology

Post Reply Post Reply