Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AE Magazine - Issue 15

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AE Magazine - Issue 15
    Posted: 05-Jul-2007 at 03:48
Nicely done Paul, only now I'll have to pm North again...
elenos View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain

Quote elenos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jul-2007 at 23:58
Thanks to all for their awesome work.
elenos
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2007 at 13:50
Originally posted by morticia

my son, Alex

Your son has a very cool name, Morty Wink

Splendid edition! Paul, Rider, and the team - bravo!
To all the contributing writers, some fantastic work, I look forward to continuing reading my way through it all. Special well done to Theo Felix, on my favourite battle of all time Smile

Keep up the good work!

- Knights -

PS. Sorry to all Attila fans, for my slight 'bashing' of him Tongue
Aster Thrax Eupator View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Aster Thrax Eupator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2007 at 15:40
This is great, great stuff - I'm really pleased to be in a community that produces such a periodical! I really enjoyed Act of Oblivion's article on Historiology - that would be a good board to have - the Philosophy of history...). Also, one question- is everyone here (well apart from a few Like Rider and Knights...) university historians? 
rider View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Suspended

Quote rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2007 at 15:44
Sorry.. but Hugoestr isn't, as far as I know Dawn and Paul aren't either... so, it is the question of whether Theodore and Act of Oblivion are... although I doubt it.
Knights View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
suspended

Quote Knights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2007 at 15:49
Dawn is, isn't she?
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2007 at 16:05
Originally posted by rider

so, it is the question of whether Theodore and Act of Oblivion are... although I doubt it.

....university historian??..alas no.....Cry....

..well, not yet anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!.....Big%20smile....

Constantine XI View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Constantine XI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jul-2007 at 20:24
Aster, it depends on what you consider university historian. Bachelors, Honours, Masters, PhD graduates? Primary, seconday or tertiary history teachers? Scholars?
Dawn View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Suspended

Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jul-2007 at 00:45
exactly Constantine, all depends on what you imply by the term university historian.

Knights- I have a BGS with  a duel major- History and Buisness management but never used the history for any practical purpose Cry, buisness managment on the other hand.
Praetor View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Suspended

Quote Praetor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2007 at 05:46
My congratulations to the many talented contributers to this magazineClap, with special thanks to my good friend Knights and his valiant attack on the Hun myth, Theodor Felix for a very good article on one of my favourite battles in history, to Constantine XI for helping to bring the highly talented Emperor Constantine V out of obscurity and to Hope for reminding us that human beings are as gullible as ever and for an attack on the historical accuracy of the Da Vinci code and related texts (the more the merrier).
Hope View Drop Down
Pretorian
Pretorian

Quote Hope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2007 at 17:55
Thanks for the kind words, Praetor, I'm very happy you found it readableSmile

I must admit that the importance of knowing that pseudo history is merely pseudo history, is one of my main fields of concern (that and the grammar of my mother tounge).
YohjiArmstrong View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote YohjiArmstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2007 at 13:54
The battle is Alexander the Great vs. the Persians at Gaugemala. Either that or Granicus, I'm sure of it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12