Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alocholism over E. Europe is caused by... Mongol??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Don Quixote View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Retired AE Moderator

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Don Quixote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alocholism over E. Europe is caused by... Mongol??
    Posted: 13-Aug-2012 at 16:05
Originally posted by Nick1986

The Poles have both a love of alcohol and a large Tatar population. Perhaps that's why other Slavs make fun of them in the same way the English mock the Irish?

Bulgarians respect the Poles a lot, think they are very independent, aristocratic, and proud; they rejected and fought what many others just swalloed, up to the edn of the 20th century. I don't think the Poles are moked among Slavic nations, at least to my experience.

Balkan peoples are massive drinkers too, even though the Greeks are not Slavs, and the Bulgarians, Macedinains and Serbs are mixed Mediterranian populations, rather than pure Slavs like the Northern Slavs .Russians and Poles, etc/.
Centrix Vigilis View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor

Quote Centrix Vigilis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2012 at 16:53
Originally posted by Don Quixote

Originally posted by Nick1986

The Poles have both a love of alcohol and a large Tatar population. Perhaps that's why other Slavs make fun of them in the same way the English mock the Irish?

Bulgarians respect the Poles a lot, think they are very independent, aristocratic, and proud; they rejected and fought what many others just swalloed, up to the edn of the 20th century. I don't think the Poles are moked among Slavic nations, at least to my experience.

Balkan peoples are massive drinkers too, even though the Greeks are not Slavs, and the Bulgarians, Macedinains and Serbs are mixed Mediterranian populations, rather than pure Slavs like the Northern Slavs .Russians and Poles, etc/.

Hmmm. Sounds like Comanches to me. And they drink too. I know. And if ya got any gawdamn sense ya neither mock them or Apaches.Wink
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

S. T. Friedman

Pilger's law: 'If it's been officially denied, then it's probably true'

Nick1986 View Drop Down
Emperor
Emperor
Mighty Slayer of Trolls

Quote Nick1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2012 at 19:41
Originally posted by Delenda est Roma

Mock the Irish? We take it as a compliment!

The Poles are very similar to the Irish: we love drinking and are usually friendly, but bear long grudges against foreign aggressors
Me Grimlock not nice Dino! Me bash brains!
Delenda est Roma View Drop Down
Colonel
Colonel

Suspended

Quote Delenda est Roma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Aug-2012 at 19:51
Us too! Except personally I hate alcohol. My da and family love it. We own a bar!
Mosquito View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Suspended

Quote Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2015 at 14:05
There is no large Tatar population in Poland, on the contrary - rather small, just few villages where live the descendants of Tatars. However they are polonised and dopnt even have asian look, you can easily find blondies between them. The only difference between them and other Poles is that they are muslims. They always were very respected in Poland because their love to new country and patriotism. During Polish-Russian war in 1920 they even formed separate Tatar cavalry units within the Polish army.

As for the tollerance of Poles on the alcohol I have always considered it high. My own was very good in the past especially in time when I was a student.
"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood" - Friedrich Nietzsche
J.A.W. View Drop Down
Consul
Consul

Quote J.A.W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jun-2015 at 22:45
AFAIR, there is research that shows that people with light-coloured eyes ( blue/grey green, etc)
have both a greater propensity for alcohol abuse & tolerance to its effects..

It ceratinly is genetic, my mother had a huge tolerance for ETOH & seldom had a hangover..
She would mock my puny drunken hangover suffering with..
 "Hah - you''re just like your father, you can't take it.."

Edited by J.A.W. - 23-Jun-2015 at 22:46
Be Modest In Thyself..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123