Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Holy Blood Holy Grail Mystery - Solved

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holy Blood Holy Grail Mystery - Solved
    Posted: 16-May-2007 at 21:34

The Shepherds Monument Mystery Solved.

I was reading Holy Blood and the Holy Grail when I came across the mystery of the bas relief based on Poussins painting Les Bergers dAcadie. The authors said that the inscription DOUSOVAVVM was impossible to decipher, even with a computer. This sounded too wild to be true and I took the challenge of solving the mystery, without a computer. It took four hours, hardly impossible to decipher. My proof is listed below, I will not go into details of the references, they can easily be found on the Internet.

Clues to the Solution (not in order)

Village of Rennes-le-Chateau is perched on a rocky outcrop

Antoine Bigou miscarved the date MDCCLXXI as MDCOLXXXI. He changed C to O (not a Roman Numeral) and added an extra X or number 10

Poussin painted Les Bergers dAcadie the title is French

Sauniere discovered a parchment Poussinhold the KEY

Location of Poussin painting in Les Pointls, near Rennes-le-Chateau

A reverse bas relief carving of Les Bergers dAcadie is located at Shughburough house near Staffordshire England

There are eight letters on one line of the bas relief, two letters on next line

Sauniere decoded the messages and found the Grail even though he was not a Templar initiate he did not possess the esoteric knowledge thought to be needed

Solution (Order of learning the first five clues is unimportant: The last step can not be deciphered until the first five are understood, and you have the KEY.)

1.      Bigou replaced C with O and added reference to number 10 - CLUE

2.      There are 10 letters on inscription, eight on one line CLUE

3.      Poussin painted Les Bergers dAcadie - CLUE

4.      Bas relief is a REVERSE of Poussins painting CLUE

5.      Bas relief has a casket obscuring view of Rennes le Chateau CLUE

6.      Sauniere parchment refers to Poussin KEY

7.      Replacing O with C in the eight-letter word and reading it REVERSED (i.e. upside down and mirrored) gives for the first line:    AAVACSNC. This is an anagram in French Ca Canvas (That Picture). The bas-relief in England is obscuring the location of the Holy Grail in France - SOLUTION

No esoteric knowledge needed.

Solution by Ed McGrath May 16, 2007 (not Jan 17th)

pekau View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph
Atlantean Prophet

Online Status: Offline
  Quote pekau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2007 at 21:42

It's an interesting thought, byt I don't think that necessary solves the mystery of Holy Grail.

It's like saying... Hey radars, did you know that if you spell God backwards, it becomes dog? I solved the mystery of the divinity!

Join us.
opuslola View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar
suspended

Online Status: Offline
  Quote opuslola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jan-2014 at 17:28
Actually I understood little of the explanation! smile

Ron
http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/history/
 Post Reply Post Reply