Notice: This is the official website of the All Empires History Community (Reg. 10 Feb 2002)

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Biggest Illegal Arms Market on Planet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rajputana View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Rajputana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Biggest Illegal Arms Market on Planet
    Posted: 12-Apr-2007 at 23:29
This video will show you the Darra region of the NWFP where today we find the largest illegal arms market on the planet.  May I be so bold as to say...the prices are quite accomodating Wink

Omar al Hashim View Drop Down
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2007 at 01:22

I loved that movie. I remember a couple of years ago the Americans tried a gun buy back scheme in Afghanistan. They were buying homemade guns that didn't work any more for higher prices than you could get them new.
Suren View Drop Down
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Chieftain

Quote Suren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2007 at 17:57
Wow! I have heard about this market before.  Amazing.
Anfører
TeldeInduz View Drop Down
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2007 at 03:07
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

I loved that movie. I remember a couple of years ago the Americans tried a gun buy back scheme in Afghanistan. They were buying homemade guns that didn't work any more for higher prices than you could get them new.

i think those were flash drives that from their way onto the markets from US army bases in Afghanistan.

Quoo-ray sha quadou sarre.................
Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2007 at 04:17
Well Darra is not illegal.
Rajputana View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Rajputana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2007 at 09:29
Originally posted by Sparten

Well Darra is not illegal.

Hey Sparten check this out the Darra market along with Bara and Jamrud are not registered with the government of Pakistan. 

General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2007 at 12:23

^ Not registered isn't the same as illegal of course. It's a good point by Sparten. 

Rajputana View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Rajputana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2007 at 13:36
Originally posted by TeldeInduz

^ Not registered isn't the same as illegal of course. It's a good point by Sparten. 

TeldeInduz is not it true that the International and Pakistani Governments consider the factories in Darra Adum Khel as to being 'illegal underground production'?  What are some requirements for such an institution in Pakistan as being illegal? 

South Asia and Small Arms: Synthesis report on National Consultation and Regional Strategy Meeting, Ottawa: SAP Canada, 2002, pp. 23-25.
General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2007 at 16:26
Originally posted by Rajputana

TeldeInduz is not it true that the International and Pakistani Governments consider the factories in Darra Adum Khel as to being 'illegal underground production'?  What are some requirements for such an institution in Pakistan as being illegal? 

South Asia and Small Arms: Synthesis report on National Consultation and Regional Strategy Meeting, Ottawa: SAP Canada, 2002, pp. 23-25.

It's not illegal because Darra has its own laws seperate from the rest of Pakistan, including a lot of the Frontier Province. 

King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2007 at 20:04
I bet the International Governments consider it illegal, but I don't see why the Pakistan government would. Pakistan can neither create nor enforce laws in the tribal regions.

Originally posted by Telde

i think those were flash drives that from their way onto the markets from US army bases in Afghanistan.

That happened too.

Edited by Omar al Hashim - 14-Apr-2007 at 21:05
AlokaParyetra View Drop Down
Samurai
Samurai

Quote AlokaParyetra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2007 at 20:51
Originally posted by Omar al Hashim

I bet the International Governments consider it illegal, but I don't see why the Pakistan government would. Pakistan can neither create nor enforce laws in the tribal regions.

Is this because the Pakistani government can't, like in Sri Lanka with the Tigers, or because they choose not to for economic or political reasons (such as we'll leave you alone if you don't cause trouble)?
King
King

Suspended

Quote Omar al Hashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2007 at 21:07
Both. I think Pakistan is too smart to try.
Rajputana View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Rajputana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2007 at 21:46

It's not illegal because Darra has its own laws seperate from the rest of Pakistan, including a lot of the Frontier Province.

So do they have to register with FATA? Is the FATA (Federally Administered Tribal Areas) the governing body of the NWFP?  Is this their Flag?

General
General

Quote TeldeInduz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2007 at 22:08
Originally posted by Rajputana

So do they have to register with FATA? Is the FATA (Federally Administered Tribal Areas) the governing body of the NWFP?  Is this their Flag?

lol, no that's not the flag of FATA. The don't need to register in FATA, why would they? lol, no FATA isn't the governing body of the NWFP. 

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2007 at 07:29
Immense stupidity in just one thread.

1) FATA (Ferdrally Administered Tribal Areas) is the modern incarnation of what the British called Frontier Regions. FATA are the last remaining districts which are still Frontier Region, at one time most of Pakistan was a FRontier REgion.

2) Its not strictly true that Pakistani law dose not apply in FATA, lots of laws do. Under the constitution a law applies to FATA if it is specifically extended to FATA not otherwise. Lots of laws do, banking laws for instance, as well as laws about commrcial dealings and standards, or industry standards.

3) FATA's criminal law is goverened by something called the Frontier Crimes Regulation (FCR). This is different from the rest of Pakistan.

think View Drop Down
Baron
Baron

Quote think Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2007 at 09:00
Aside from the fact that they might be supplying the Taliban..

AWESOME
Leonidas View Drop Down
Tsar
Tsar

Quote Leonidas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2007 at 09:15
Oh yeah awesome video,

i agree that this isn't illegal or at least its one of those grey areas, but in that part of the world no one's going in to stop it anyway.
Rajputana View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Rajputana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2007 at 10:04
Originally posted by think

Aside from the fact that they might be supplying the Taliban..

Well that is definitely true and a major concern for the international governements.  It also raises many questions such as :

1) Why dont the United States intervene in this matter?

2) Why dont Pakistan sort out the problems in their own backyard - are they playing a two faced game?  Lamp  At 1,000 guns per day in just the market of Darra Adum Khel this should be #1 priority for the War Against Terror.

Immense stupidity in just one thread

Can you clarify please Sparten as to whom your immensely colourful quote was aimed at? 

PS.  Link to The Real 'Heroes of Chawinda'  LOL

Guests View Drop Down
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2007 at 10:19

Cause the US is not stupid to try its hajnd in the most inhospitable terrain in the world.

Rajputana View Drop Down
Knight
Knight

Quote Rajputana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2007 at 12:05

Cause the US is not stupid to try its hajnd in the most inhospitable terrain in the world. 

I think the US has more than efficient range in the FATA area with its weapons technology and 'softening' the area up before the army goes in.  Sadly though the innocent people along with the Taliban supporters have to pay the price as well.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>